• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    27000$ for a family if three. Thats 9,000$ per person for the year.
    That's 25$ a day.
    Now, i don't know the answer to all of these but maybe some of you can help me out.....
    How much is rent on a two bedroom, single bath apartment/house? Multiply that time 12, subtract that from 27000$. I guess we can assume they have income adjusted rent, though indont know how that all works so maybe someone help me out.

Let's say this family has a 2003 volkswagon golf tdi, and averages 44 mpg at today's price of 2.55$ a gallon. Let's say they average 12,000 miles a year, and that it's paid for so they only have bare minimum insurance(I'll use mine as a base, 120$ every 6 monthes.) your looking at 695$-ish in gas and 240$ for insurance. So, something like 935$.

What's the average grocery bill for a family of three? Ours is typically right around 200$, and we try to shop for the month. So, let's use that(unless someone wants to use thiers), 2400$ a year.

Water, electric, gas.... This has a lot to do with where you buy, is it rolled into rent, where you live,usage, etc. in gonna leave this one alone; there's a lot of variables, and unless everyone with a three person family wants to chime in(and I'm not asking, it's none of my buisness), I won't wanna guess a average.

Ditto on cell phones, though it's likley the family qualifies for the "Obama phone". I don't know enough to speculate.
    Internet, cable bill... Att just upped it's to 57$ a month. That's 684$, I'll run that until someone can provide better information.

Let's see, what else is there.... I'll just run with this for now. I think it's enough to make my point.

Rent ?
    Car 935
    Food 2400
    Bills ?
    Communication=. 685
    =4020$

Now, subtract that from our 27000$.
    22980$.That's about 21$ a day per person. So that's before rent, typical monthly bills. Also clothes, school supplies, car maintenance costs. They probably have medicaid(again, don't know the cut off), but does that cover dental and vision?

We are missing a couple numbers that will really paint a better picture. I think after we include housing costs, it'll show how much* 27000$ a year really leaves as a buffer zone in case of a rainy day.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fletch, i think the time is right for the rise of a third party. It may split the vote and ensure another Clinton, but it also may give it enough time to be a actual contender in the legislature.

Imagine if you will.... A party that was serious about cutting spending, tax reform, immigration reform, un-screwing social security, and manages not to take a dump on minorities during a campaign.

Ok, enough dreaming.

I would love to see congress made up of 4 or 5 different parties that reflected the many different views of ALL Americans and not just the mega corps & banks.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump is nothing more then a self-agrandizing paper tiger. He is the school yard bully in every sense of the term. All mouth and no substance. He does not have a solid plan or policy wor anything he bitches about. His is high in the poles because his bitches are often OUR bitches. In that respect, the voice of the people is getting out there, but that is all he has. He was a flash in the pan last time he "Ran" and he will fade out again.

You want the real deal? A Man who calls it as he see's it AND stands up against Dems, libs and weak kneed GOP! Some may not like his position on all the issues.
    we just have to set our own priorities.

Currently the dems are not devided. Rep's are. If Trumps ego keeps getting stroked, and he stays as an independant: it will split the vote and Bill gets the First Giggalo Title.

All IMHO

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we already know he supports an AWB, so theres that.

Don't want to highjack this thread, but I'm specifically looking for what he thinks the 2A means, not what he thinks about a specific type of weapon. No, I don't support a ban on any type of weapon when it comes to law-abiding citizens; and I will hold that against him. If I hear another speech about the 2A guaranteeing "responsible" gun ownership for hunting and target shooting, I'm gonna puke.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump had a good interview on CNN this morning in which he got into some specifics without calling anyone a moron or stupid. He started to get into policy specifics but acknowledged he must remain flexible because he will have to work with Congress to get things done and it can't be done by executive order. I think he is a heck of a lot smarter than people are giving him credit for and might actually pull it off. Somehow he has secured a solid base of anti-establishment voters without taking any extreme stances that the democrats can hang him with in the general election. If he keeps that 24% base support all he needs is 30% or so of the remaining primary voters as candidates start falling out.

On the 3rd party deal it would be completely out of character for him to rule out a 3rd party run. He has been hammering home what a great negotiator he is and no good negotiator in his position would give up that leverage to a party establishment that has the power to keep him off 15 state ballots just because they feel like it. He has to keep them honest with that threat or else they could blackball him.

Top Bottom