• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishnfool

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    mostly in to long guns but will be stocking up on sidearms now for sure. My favorite personal rifle at this point is my hand-built 25.06 that my dad built back around 1972. Hand carved the stock and necked down a 30.06 before the commercial 25.06 caliber got popular. VERY accurate to 400+ yds shooting a moderate round at around 3500fps. My hot rounds will hurt you at 4700fps. Any recommendations on good gun stores are appreciated. Military guy here so I can buy on Eglin but really haven't seen that many good buys there....other than not paying sales tax!! Will be hunting for good info and possbile some help in buying an ACP9/45 or even a 1911 if there's a good or bad to them. Thanks in advance, Bill

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the site!

If you are near Eglin, check out Jimmy's in Fort Walton, good selection, Also Patriot Arms is a nice little shop. In Pensacola, Jay's Guns II is on garden, lots of "evil guns" but the prices need to be haggled down to be near fair. Mikes Outdoor Sports is on Hwy 29, good selection there too, but a lot more hunting oriented stuff than Jays. Outcast has a decent but smaller selection, and are nice folks too. If you do any internet gun shopping, we have a couple of FFL's here on the site that have reasonable transfer rates too, like Little Jack's Guns.

fishnfool

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just out of curiousity do any of you guys do much business with USA Performance since they started doing firearms? Seems like they put a lot of guns through the door for a smaller business.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just out of curiousity do any of you guys do much business with USA Performance since they started doing firearms? Seems like they put a lot of guns through the door for a smaller business.

I walked in there once, they had half a dozen pistols in the case, didn't see much else going on and nobody offered to help me. Got the feeling that I was interrupting them so I left. I haven't tried stopping back it, but the signs that they put out usually have good prices on them.

Top Bottom