DK Firearms

Never realized Hogs are top trophies To those that don’t have them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve lived in FL my whole life and just a couple years ago started deer hunting a friends farm in Indiana. The deer up there are like our hogs and pretty much looked at the same. Great table fair but A nuisance. It wasn’t until my friend came down this year that I took him out and learned that harvesting a rank 100lb boar hog to people from areas that don’t have them is like harvesting the Mossy Oaks buck of the week. This year he’s bringing back a friend and the sole purpose of the trip is to get a hog. No matter the size. I averaged Thousands of hogs a year for many years and never knew I was living the dream. Lol Anyone else experienced this with out of state hunters.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me either. Have some big beards at my hog feeder. Had a guide I know after showing him the pics tell me he will give me $300 a bird if I let him guide it next year. It blew my mind that not only would he pay that but he’s making enough off a bird to be able to

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve lived in FL my whole life and just a couple years ago started deer hunting a friends farm in Indiana. The deer up there are like our hogs and pretty much looked at the same. Great table fair but A nuisance. It wasn’t until my friend came down this year that I took him out and learned that harvesting a rank 100lb boar hog to people from areas that don’t have them is like harvesting the Mossy Oaks buck of the week. This year he’s bringing back a friend and the sole purpose of the trip is to get a hog. No matter the size. I averaged Thousands of hogs a year for many years and never knew I was living the dream. Lol Anyone else experienced this with out of state hunters.

When my brother-in-law was manufacturing Cedar bow shafts, he was "courted" and then kept happy by the big "C" big company that wanted exclusive marketing for his Ancient Cedar Shafts. Alaska, Ca, Co, Tx for hunts and fishing. TX was Boar and some exotic deer or antelope. He averaged about a trip each year totally on their dime.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol. They’ve been doing that at mine as well. Never had them do that till recently. They only move out when the big boys show up. 1560D3F9-3587-4643-B372-7D7295C4327F.png ACE50424-DB44-42B4-BB47-B34798B614A8.png

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had the hog agent license for all the state property and levees from 192 in melbourne to state road 60 in Vero for years. Shot thousands of hogs a year and they never stopped coming.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been told by some folks that wild hogs either do not have enough meat on them to be worthwhile or that the meat is not good.

Is there any truth to that?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

.270 Win

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, that's a bunch of hooey. Wild ones of course won't normally have the fat that domestic hogs do but the meat is excellent. Big boars can be pretty rank, but so can tame ones.

Top Bottom