Patriot Mobile

Need recommendation for a good gun refinisher (blueing).

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Preferably near the Panama City area. Have a gun that needs polishing out pitted rusted areas and re-blued, can anyone recommend a good guy with reasonable prices? Thanks in advance.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm also looking for someone to reblue a handgun near Cantonment though. Is blueing completely going to die out to Cerokote and similar refinishing? I'm not up-to-date on finishing so any guidance will be appreciated. I'd also like to find someone that still Parkerizes. Am I out of luck???

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Having done a lot of hot blueing in the past, the cost of setting up, and the time it takes to do a good job, very few people want to pay for your time to do a good job, so end up with people trying to, do it in the back yard, and not knowing how to do it right, have seen a lot of massed up jobs. Cerokote is very easy to do with out a lot of set up cost. some people are doing it in they kitchen, and some are doing a good and some are not, it boils done to getting the metal ready right. So to get a good job you end up having to send it off to some one that does it along with other finishers to be able to make a living from doing it. To meanly look at u-tube, They want a good job, but will sitter for less if they do it are they BFF doing it. This is the same with gun work, Very few people will pay less for good work, but will pay more for bad work because they have seen it on u-tube and they are now a gun smith, I have been at this for more 40 yrs. have tried to make a living at it, that's why I do it part time. I have about 25% of people show up that I offer to help. most for free are for very little cost to cover expense. This same thing goes for getting a ccw, People will pay more for less, than pay less for more in getting a good class. ((GUN SHOW)) for one. There was a guy in the pace area, that was doing some hot blueing, what I had seen look good, he was on the form. I will shut up now this has been a sore spot. Like I,paid 2.00 for mags 20 yrs ago so that all I will pay now. But I want 25.00 for mine. sorry if this hit home on any one, I'm old and don't care, Just my 100 cents jj

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Cerakote Socom blue looks really really good, if the hot blue search doesn't yield much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFRIZZ30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't know how the work comes out but Andalusia Armory advertises doing it stopped in one day when I was driving by. Some nice guys just have not seen any of their work. Hopefully someone on here has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgl-10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had quite a bit of work done by Accurate Plating and Weaponry (APW) over the years mostly hard chrome when they were in FL. Their finish work is as good as any I've seen and better than most. They are now located a little north of Dothan out in the country if you wanted to talk to them face to face.

Guardian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the late reply, but Deep South Bluing can help. Call Mark @ 850-304-3187.

If it can't be blued or parkerized for whatever reason, call me. 850-543-5480

Scott
    -Guardian Custom Firearm Coating

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang, I wanted to find someone local but I had given up finding anyone and sent it off yesterday to a guy in south Florida I had found on the internet. I looked at your Facebook page and the photos of that little Browning pistol is pretty much the same thing I had i.e., some bad pitted areas. It looks like you did a great job on it, got rid of most of the pits but still left the sharp edges and stampings. Next time I need it done I will send you photos for a quote. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Guardian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! And no worries, I'm not going anywhere. I try to help when applicable on some of these sites, but time is a rarity nowadays.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang, I wanted to find someone local but I had given up finding anyone and sent it off yesterday to a guy in south Florida I had found on the internet. I looked at your Facebook page and the photos of that little Browning pistol is pretty much the same thing I had i.e., some bad pitted areas. It looks like you did a great job on it, got rid of most of the pits but still left the sharp edges and stampings. Next time I need it done I will send you photos for a quote. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Hopefully yours is done by now and you can post up some pics/updates??

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom