GENESIS 4-14×44 FFP MIL​

Right now 15% discount with code "whoteewho"
    Free shipping and no tax.
    I have 2 and I like them.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cheap reliable euro glass. Ziess got me thinking about Meopta.
    Good glass . They're big & heavy , clunky . Like something Combloc . Albeit the optics are pretty damn good . Definately look before you buy . If you looking at tactical / mrad that Trijicon Ten Mile 6-24X 50 SFP for 750 is a hell of a scope . Granted it's SFP & most want FFP . Optically I'd put it up against any of my upper end Zeiss or Swaro's .

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Currently on Ebay are 3 Leupy Vari x III's , 2 Zeiss Conquest , 1 Trijicon TR22 Accupoint , & a Meopta / Cabelas Euro Riflescope within your budget . IMHO all would be suitable for your use . New at Eurooptic .com are the Trijicon Huron 3-9x40 on sale for 299 , Meopta Optik5 2-10x42 , same Meopta line 3-15x44 , Meosport R 3-15x50 , all at or below your $ 400 cap . Hope this helps .
    Thanks so much!

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The VXIII is the one that failed on me twice

50mm will have better image quality and be better in low light conditions.

30mm tube increases elevation adjustment and is heavier. If you’re only shooting 300 yards 1 inch will suffice.

I have 2 of the VXIII in 3.5-10 x 50, one I bought new in 1995. The '95 has scratches, dings, a chip out of the screw housing on the dial ring, but it holds zero just as good as ever.

My second was bought new about 2010 or so, it is also is doing a great job for me.

These days, I try to buy Trijicon.

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have same model it worked for 20 years and then the turrets took a dump on me. Luepold replaced it no questions asked and this one turrets went to mush. Doing warranty one more time then selling it.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have same model it worked for 20 years and then the turrets took a dump on me. Luepold replaced it no questions asked and this one turrets went to mush. Doing warranty one more time then selling it.

I rarely touch the turrets on mine. Check zero every fall, if still on, go hunting. If adjustment is needed, make correction, put the cap back on and a go hunting.

I do not attempt to adjust turrets when shooting at deer.

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I rarely touch the turrets on mine. Check zero every fall, if still on, go hunting. If adjustment is needed, make correction, put the cap back on and a go hunting.

I do not attempt to adjust turrets when shooting at deer.

Neither did I. It was a set and forget scope. It held zero until one day it didn’t and then when I went to zero it, they were free spinning

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    In your budget I'd look at the older zeiss conquest 3-9x40, 3-9x50, 3.5-10x44, any of the newer zeiss conquest models you could find used. Or Bushnell elite scopes these would be older models also. These are all good scopes in your budget in the used market. Nikon is a good option also, take your time and find you one in your budget. I'd lean more towards zeiss or the older Bushnell elite for low light though.

gejshooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In your budget I'd look at the older zeiss conquest 3-9x40, 3-9x50, 3.5-10x44, any of the newer zeiss conquest models you could find used. Or Bushnell elite scopes these would be older models also. These are all good scopes in your budget in the used market. Nikon is a good option also, take your time and find you one in your budget. I'd lean more towards zeiss or the older Bushnell elite for low light though.
    Thank you

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Any thoughts on Athlon? I'm looking at the Athlon Argos HMR 2-12x42 BDC 600 SFP MOA
    Athlon's are Chinese . Some folks on another forum bought some of their top end stuff , had problems & warranty was non-existant . These were their Cronus line $ 1500 - 1800 scopes they had to eat .

SLTW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any thoughts on German Precision? I'm looking at the German Precision Passion 3x9x42-Plex.

I think with your budget and what features are important to you, you should check this guy out. His got some bad language but I really enjoy his videos and I feel like he’s very honest and thorough. He does tons of torture tests on budget optics.

Top Bottom