• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So of your group issues may be just trying to find what grain and make she likes to eat. I have a slower twist at 1:12, but mine loves to eat 162 grain. I'm not gonna coach you on shooting... I'm guessing you're not your run of the mill 68W... Cold bore/barrel shooting can be as bad hot bore/barrel shooting. That could have thrown your groups too. Out of the box, my SPS was at MOA.. Give or take hundredths. After adding my stock it was at .6 MOA @ 100yrds. I'm waiting for the spring here to see what the trigger will help with.
    If you want a 1000yrd rifle, you need to remember everything is working against you to make that shot... Trigger creep, vibration, wind, action rub... Etc.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well went to the range in a very relaxed mood today and did pretty well. I think being in the better mood and the muzzle brake I bought helped a lot. Not much recoil at all. Felt like I was shooting my AR, not a 308! Here's the results and this is with the factory stock with a little bit of sanding to free float the barrel and shooting off a bipod.nether last picture was my first grouping from my sighted in scope last week and then zeroed her right in!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      223 KB · Views: 142
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      245.5 KB · Views: 142
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      244.3 KB · Views: 145
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      229.1 KB · Views: 140

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It seems the rifle loves the 168gr AMAX and the 168gr remington premier BTHP. I used my cheap ammo today to get pretty much zeroed in and then shot the good stuff. I'm very pleased with the gun and the accuracy from it. 550.00 for the gun. Best 550 I spent. Next is to take her out to some good range. I'm gonna be purchasing an aftermarket stock now. Most likely a bell and Carlson or maybe go all out and get the TAC 21 chassis. I shot today with my viper vortex 4x16x50. Finally decided on a scope and got it in!

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am currently building a remington 700. Right now I have the rifle and the Caldwell bipod on it. I plan on bedding the action or putting an aluminum full length bed in it(seems if you rest it too far forward or use a bipod the stock actually touches the barrel). I am eventually hoping to hit the gong at 1000 yards. I have a Nikon 308 BDC 4-16x42 on order and waiting to get it in. Also i have put a KRG tactical bolt lift on also! These are only $28 and easy to install! I bedded the 20 MOA rail tonight. Hopefully me not too much longer and I will be taking her out to the range next weekend. Here's some pics so far. I'll also post some pics in the gunsmith area when I bed the action. A little Do it yourself(DIY).

View attachment 14934
    View attachment 14935
    View attachment 14936
    View attachment 14937
    View attachment 14938

Hope you all enjoy so far!

Is that a modified bolt hand or a add on to go over the nob on the bolt handle?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bobinbusan, it goes over the existing knob. It comes in 2 parts with 2 different sets of o-rings to go inside it and get tightened down by a hex screw. The company that makes it is called kentic research group(just google KRG). It cost 28 dollars shipped. It's really nice.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the information, what process did your use, Users can choose between a permanent installation using epoxy, a rock solid removable setup, or a quick simple install using the supplied spacers to tailor the fit of the Bolt Lift to the factory bolt handle. A stainless steel screw to clamp the knob halves together and some reinforcing pins round out the package.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just used the 2 smaller size o-rings along with the screw and some blue locktite. Just in case I ever need to take it off. I can send you some close up pics of it if you want.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes some picture of your weapon would be nice to make sure that's the way that I want to go.

Guessing the purpose of it shorten the time working the bolt, correct?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes definitely more a positive action on working the bolt. They come in either black, OD green(which I chose) and tan also. I'll get some close up pics soon.

Members online

Top Bottom