• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know I'm doing good these days. I have been MIA for the last few months. The reason being I have been getting my life back together.

I have been suffering from PTSD, depression and alcoholism for the past 4 years now.

I spent 35 days inpatient at a behavior health facility here in PCB. After I was released I had another 30 days of intensive outpatient care. Currently I attend AA meetings here in PCB. I also go to Tyndall air base for my alcohol program over there.

I'm am doing a he of a lot better now. I'm stable in my moods and have been sober for 118 days now. I can tell you it's a daily struggle but I only take it a day at a time.

My family loves me and being around me again along with my dogs. I have a shit ton of energy and love life once again.

Sadly, I think if I hadn't gotten the help when I did, I would have been dead in a year or so.

Doc

PS: when I got out of the hospital I had to surrender my firearms and they were kept at a coworkers house. This was all voluntary and no baker act involved. I currently have my firearms and can still legally purchase firearms.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its a long road, and not necessarily smooth. Be patient.

The farther you go, the better it gets.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    prayers and best wishes sent up for you doc

...dog therapy is good, maybe a kitten too? these things help you focus on things external, and not internal, healthier that way...

you are not alone, believe me

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glad to hear your progress Doc. Praying for you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm actually on the waiting list for a service dog. I will be going TDY to Tampa next January to bond with the dog for 60 days. They are amazing animals to say the least.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Glad to hear you're on your way up. Best wishes, and God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Doc, it takes a lot more courage and character to go through what you just accomplished than to shirk the responsibility and not seek help.
    I don't know you personally, but I want you to know there are a lot of guys on there that are very proud of you right now.
    I also know there with be a bunch or guys on here that will be praying for your compete and sustained recovery.
    Thank you for your service and thank you for sharing your struggle.
    You will win this battle.
    Jerry

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are seriously no joke illnesses my friend. Great job - Keep Utilizing the services provided and stay focused. My very best to you and your family, and thank you for your service to our nation.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A very tough road to travel Doc. It is great to hear you are doing well to keep the bad stuff in check and prioritizing those thing that are most important in your life. I'm not going to toss out some Hallmark quote here. It takes work and commitment to the desired result.. You are up to the task or you woud not be making the progress you have made so far. Warm and best wishes my friend.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very proud of you Doc. It takes a big man to 1st admit and then to tackle what you went through.
    To quote the great Paul "Bear" Bryant ..... "The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.”

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey doc God has a plan for you and he will be there whenever you need him be strong and we will pray for you and family. If you ever need to vent on just talk about whatever you feel like. Just say something my ears always open.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know how hard it is to admit a problem and as you have been told many times that's the first step, Proud of you Doc. Hang in there like you have never done before. Praying for your recovery

Top Bottom