• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    every one needs to rethink their ammo supply....to assess if you think you have enough
    I would rethink my food supply. Just how many gunfights are you all planning to get into. I would keep sufficient ammo for training purposes since I foresee ammo being cut off by perhaps an executive order if the demos win. Easily done for imported ammo.
    Right now in the supermarkets I seeing that certain items seems to be not as plentiful and pricing is going up.
    I think if you are aiming instead of spray/praying that a few hundred rounds of your favorite caliber is enough. Does not hurt to have more as a backup of course.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Source? You just listed every major corporation in the US.

etc.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Somebody wanted to know if anyone is selling ammo. YES . . . I am.
    However it WILL NOT be at flea market or yard sale prices so you can resell for a profit. It will be sold at the going rate that is online . . MINUS SHIPPING.
    GOOD DEAL HUH ?? --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    To each there own . . BUT . . 5,000 rds for each CHAMBERING that you own.
    Jeeeeeeeze guy !! You must be <40 years old and/or have 7 kids and 9 grandkids. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would rethink my food supply. Just how many gunfights are you all planning to get into. I would keep sufficient ammo for training purposes since I foresee ammo being cut off by perhaps an executive order if the demos win. Easily done for imported ammo.
    Right now in the supermarkets I seeing that certain items seems to be not as plentiful and pricing is going up.
    I think if you are aiming instead of spray/praying that a few hundred rounds of your favorite caliber is enough. Does not hurt to have more as a backup of course.

yep, adding to food stores too, got full freezer, and collecting freeze dried and long term food storage items..

fuel will be more of an issue, as gas does not last long if not ethanol free and treated, even then, maybe a year it is good, but is dangerous to store

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    10k rounds for each calibre is a good start. Was surprised how fast the ammo I just ordered arrived, took two days from SG Ammo and Natchez, three days from Fin Fur Feather.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    To each there own . . BUT . . 5,000 rds for each CHAMBERING that you own.
    Jeeeeeeeze guy !! You must be <40 years old and/or have 7 kids and 9 grandkids. --- SAWMAN

nope, passed 40 a while back...no kids or grandkids worth a toot, somebody, a patriot who appreciates guns will get mine as I get close to leaving this sorry world..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yep, adding to food stores too, got full freezer, and collecting freeze dried and long term food storage items..

fuel will be more of an issue, as gas does not last long if not ethanol free and treated, even then, maybe a year it is good, but is dangerous to store
    I do have an older diesel tractor. Diesel can be produced from other sources. I need to keep a couple of batteries on hand. My '96 F150 would not start today. could the number 7/11 have something to do with the battery being dead.
    Diesels can also be started without electricity. I once worked in an african country. I was at their marine station that was on an Island. Some members of the presidents security detail came over to the marine station wanting to use our truck since his daughter was visiting relatives. I was not the driver. Calistro was somewhere else. It had no battery in lt lol. Well I pointed the truck down a sand dune and engaged the clutch with the ignition on and it started. If it had not, that truck would have been in a ravine requiring people power to get it out lol. Strange that the light also work since the battery cables were crossed.
    I need to get a couple extra batteries for that tractor and a solar charger for the batteries.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sga is good, and quick
    I am selective for what I have a lot on hand. 22 lr since i have multiple guns and uses for that Caliber. 9x19 since that is the common caliber for my fighting pistols. 7.62x39 since I have several rifles in that caliber, it is effective, and it is relatively cheap and I already have it on hand. 12 ga shotgun. I do not have a whole lot in buckshot, but not so much is needed. In night time scenarios it is my favorite caliber. I will not keep more that a couple of hundred for what else i own. .45 ACP, 38 spl, etc are not so important. Yes I have few rounds, casting lead, etc on hand for these. I may likely sell those anyway. I do not have anyone to leave what i have. My only relative with an interest in guns is only 6 yrs younger than me. Sad to say my best friends have 4 paws and do not much use for guns.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I am selective for what I have a lot on hand. 22 lr since i have multiple guns and uses for that Caliber. 9x19 since that is the common caliber for my fighting pistols. 7.62x39 since I have several rifles in that caliber, it is effective, and it is relatively cheap and I already have it on hand. 12 ga shotgun. I do not have a whole lot in buckshot, but not so much is needed. In night time scenarios it is my favorite caliber. I will not keep more that a couple of hundred for what else i own. .45 ACP, 38 spl, etc are not so important. Yes I have few rounds, casting lead, etc on hand for these. I may likely sell those anyway. I do not have anyone to leave what i have. My only relative with an interest in guns is only 6 yrs younger than me. Sad to say my best friends have 4 paws and do not much use for guns.

Friends with 4 paws are usually the best.

Top Bottom