• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been a fan of Michelins, as I've always thought they were overpriced. With that being said, awhile back I got a great deal on some LTX AT2's ($400/set of 33's). Been running them for 25k miles, still look almost new. This weekend I was on the highway and ran over fairly big chunk of split firewood lengthwise at 80 MPH with no tire damage, so I may have to change my opinion of them.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I bought my wife a brand new Expedition in 05 I immediately took it to Tire Trust and had a set of LTXs put on it. At 93,000 miles I finally replaced them, and they would have easily made 100K.

Expensive, yes, but well worth it, if you will wear them out before their lifespan is up, about 7 years. If you put a lot of miles on a vehicle every year then by all means they're the way to go. But if you're like me and barely put 8k a year on it the Michelins will probably dry rot before you wear them out.

Either way, they are my first choice in tires, despite the company's home country.

As a side note the Vietnam war was started mainly because of the French protecting Michelin's rubber tree plantations.

Rick

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if any of you folks needs some michelin tires, come see me at the pepboys on warrington and jackson. I'm the service manager, kenny is the name.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mom had some on her Caddy for a long time.. Finally changed em at 80,000 miles just because. They showed no real wear.
    Now, granted, Mom's never been Mario Andretti, but still!

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kenny, I'll be needing new shoes for my truck soon, very soon. I'll probably go with BFs since I don't put a lot of miles on it, 7 years old and only 55K.
    Does Peps carry BFs? 265-60-R18

Rick

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what we dont carry we can get, usually same day depending on availability. BFG's are also a superb tire, the Long Trail is rated at 65k and I have also seen those go well past 90k. If you're looking at AT's, the KO A/T, AND, the Rugger Terrain are both great options. I will suggest, if you happen to be interested in an AT design, check out our Falken Wildpeak A/T. It was 4wheel magazine's 2011 tire of the year and most often qualifies with our buy 3 get 4 free mail-in rebate promotion.

Sorry for the plug, but the more you guys buy, the better my bonus, the more guns n ammo I can hoard. :)

PS: it doesnt hurt to have a gcgf guy on your side for warranty and repair work :)

Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was a Michelin dealer back in the late 70's and early 80's. Back then when top of the line in any other brand was a 40K mile tire Michelin's were good for 70K - 80K miles.

They were a much harder compound than competitors back then which gave you more tire life but at the cost of a bit of traction in rain or snow.

No clue on current tire technology ... and with as often as I change vehicles anymore I go for cheap tires when replacing mine now.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    if any of you folks needs some michelin tires, come see me at the pepboys on warrington and jackson. I'm the service manager, kenny is the name.

Your on my side of town now? Awesome. I'll be hitting you up for some BFG km2's 35x12.5x15 next month

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, Kenny, Ian (I don't speak for him) probably doesn't give a hoot about you pluggin. I'm glad to know you carry them. I put hankooks on my silverado and I'm just marginally happy with them. I went for bargain and didn't really get that.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had Hankooks on my ram which were way better than the Kumhos I had put on it when I first bought the truck. Hankooks are a pretty good tire at a great price point. Once again, usually on B3G4 Free sale with us.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Will do lol. Got a price quote online from discount tire here in town but now that your over here ill come see you. Looking around the middle of may.

Top Bottom