• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    I have always had good luck with You Tube help videos, but you may have to wade through a few that may not be entertaining enough to keep your attention or lacking in good intel.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The other day my adult son mentioned he'd love to have a metal detector. I thought about it and remembered I have a little used Mine Lab X Terra 70 in storage. I got it out, put in batteries and it fired right up. What I couldn't find is the instruction manual. The 70 is no longer made, but has lots of high tech features that need to be set. Mine Lab doesn't list its manual in their download area. They've also not responded to my communication. Searching for the manual on the Internet, I found an area claiming to have the manual, but my virus checker popped up and danger, close this window and exit that site. Watching a YouTube video may be a way to go.

Anyone have any ideas on getting a manual/instructions for the 70?
    Did you check you tube for a tutorial?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The other day my adult son mentioned he'd love to have a metal detector. I thought about it and remembered I have a little used Mine Lab X Terra 70 in storage. I got it out, put in batteries and it fired right up. What I couldn't find is the instruction manual. The 70 is no longer made, but has lots of high tech features that need to be set. Mine Lab doesn't list its manual in their download area. They've also not responded to my communication. Searching for the manual on the Internet, I found an area claiming to have the manual, but my virus checker popped up and danger, close this window and exit that site. Watching a YouTube video may be a way to go.

Anyone have any ideas on getting a manual/instructions for the 70?
    Xterra is a real good machine. I think it's actually a 705. One of these should be it. May be mistaken?

Last edited:

Staz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For sure, problem is finding places to legally metal detect most of the parks around here have posted “no destruction of vegetation” which I know means no metal detecting. Tried the beach, but wasn’t enjoying the polar bear challenge after 15 minutes in waist deep water. When it gets warmer I want to try to get out to crab island. Sure plenty of trash but should also be some good loot out there

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    For sure, problem is finding places to legally metal detect most of the parks around here have posted “no destruction of vegetation” which I know means no metal detecting. Tried the beach, but wasn’t enjoying the polar bear challenge after 15 minutes in waist deep water. When it gets warmer I want to try to get out to crab island. Sure plenty of trash but should also be some good loot out there
    Yeah, always a hassle trying to find somewhere good to go. Stinks!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    an old buddy of mine said to always search around the base of large old trees, that are over 80 yrs old, to find change that came out of pockets of kids climbing trees... or pocket knives

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Found lots of old coins this way. Got a cherry 1877 cc seated dime in mobile hunting around " the general".
    fence lines that have been there for years too, might get a lot of hits on iron, but old tools forgotten in the weeds and dirt can be just as valuable or still useful

Top Bottom