• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    We visited Joe Patti's seafood market in Pensacola the other day and our purchases totaled $80.23. I handed the young lady a 50, a 20, a 10, and a quarter, and she started looking down at the counter, all around the register. I thought she was looking for pennies so I said not to worry about them. This was met with a blank look as she continued rummaging around. She finally found a calculator, and after punching buttons for several seconds she apparently entered the total payment in the register then offered me the 2 cents. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

DangDang

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    I worked with a young millennial girl at a bar(who use to brag about being from Gulf Breeze, graduating from High School there, etc.) She couldn’t do simple math to save her life. She always pulled her iphone out to use the calculator. I told her my calculator growing up was a pencil and a piece of paper, because growing up teachers said, “You're never gonna go through life with a calculator in your pocket everywhere you go.” Boy were they wrong, but I’m glad for it.

tros6t

Marksman
    Just saw where Ca min wage is going up to $20/hr. Maybe the rest of the
    dum-aces will go west.
    Nope! $20 will buy a happy meal in Cal! They’re coming to Texas or here! And most will vote for they same type people they left from! I see them around here and they complain about how bad Florida is for not allowing schools to teach oral sex to 6 year olds! I hate to break it to you but we are finished! What appears to be life is just nerves at this point!

FelixH

Expert
    Similar experience at lunch recently. Total bill came to about $58. I gave the server a gift card worth $50, plus a twenty and two fives, not expecting anything back. Yeah, it was a bit of an over-tip, but the service was really good and I didn't pay for most of the meal since I had a gift card.

She brought back my twenty, both of my fives, and about 10 ones... at that point I considered adjusting the tip down for poor math skills, but decided to leave it all and let them do more math later.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It happened to me in Naples, FL not long ago. I thought I would slip out and grab biscuits from Mickey Ds for everyone when they got up. my ticket was $11.42. I gave her an extra $5 by mistake. When she handed the 5 back... she must have keyed in the sale amount. When she handed me the receipt and no change.. I asked her if there was any change. She put her hands on her hips and told me NO!...like I was stoopid. I should have just looked at the receipt...it clearly said Change....$0.00. When I got to the pickup window I asked the guy..."If I gave you $12.00 when my tab was $11.42 would I get any change?" He stuck both hands in the air like I had a gun on him and was about to rob him...and yells, " I don't know!" I know why he is at the pick up window :rolleyes:...and you have to pay that $15-20 per hr?

BluesBrother

Master
    soft bigotry of low expectations” conceptualized by the former President G.W. Bush. Rush quoted it often.

Last edited:

fv22

Master
    This isn't a new phenomenon though. I've been seeing that for many years. The best example I remember was about 25 years ago. I stopped for a snack at a rest stop on the New Jersey turnpike. The bill came to $10.10. I gave the girl a $20 and a dime. She looked at it and I could see the wheels turning. She opened the register and started going through the change, then pulling out singles. I told her just give me a $10 or 2 fives. She got nasty and said no I was trying to rip her off! We "argued" back and forth about how much change was due for a minute or so until she went to get her manager. I explained it to him, he handed me a $10 said sorry for the mistake and I left knowing the world was in trouble!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I can remember 2 incidents that stand out after reading the above story.
    Both McDonald's. Can't remember what the total was but it was .05. Gave the girl a nickel so I could get a dollar back. She handed me a dollar and some change. Was confused. After explaining what I did, she hands me a 5 dollar bill. I was owed a dollar. Nobody seemed to care and I couldn't explain it to her. Told my girlfriend her drawer will be off and that's probably coming out of her check. Maybe she will learn.
    Gave exact change and I was owed a dollar again. She couldn't figure it out. Actually told me to reach in and take what I think I should get back. She ended up grabbing a handful of change and giving me a dollar bill. I had over a dollar in change. Wild stuff. Been plenty others but those stick out.

Top Bottom