• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This type unit might curethe hot and cold issues. Much like hvac in our homes. But damn. Hot do you secure it so it won't be carted off? Thst could cost some $$$.
    A really big chain bolted around something like a scrap axle and buried deep. Bury the chain leading to the box. Been there, done that. It works. Catches the "snatch and grab" thieves without cutting tools and they leave and have to come back, giving you time to see where they attempted to drag the box, and change storage sites. Somebody with cutting tools would just as soon rather carve their own door in the side of the box. The main thing is that it looks just like any other job site trailer. Also you want to get security signs that stick in the ground and say "protected by so and so Security". I had a sales rep for one of those security companies tell me that 90% of the protection afforded by their company was that little sign out front that could be seen from the road. You don't have to have anything else. People just drive away and not even try

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Decided on gp rifle for camper. After much discussion settled on the 30-30 lever with light. Factors were, safety, ease of use, loading, weight, lenght of pull adjustable for shooting or storage, ammo capacity, light for nighttime use and enough caliber to deal with any critter.
    20220902_113930.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Also you want to get security signs that stick in the ground and say "protected by so and so Security". I had a sales rep for one of those security companies tell me that 90% of the protection afforded by their company was that little sign out front that could be seen from the road. You don't have to have anything else. People just drive away and not even try
    Pay somebody $50 for their sign in their yard (get a receipt or have a witness or take a video while doing it) and then put it in your yard and nobody is the wiser

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    I knew a gentleman in Pensacola that rented a climate controlled storage unit accessible only from inside for years. He never had a problem. Same gentleman had a backyard shed that he kept all his components in. Never a problem for him. Of course YMMV. Some of the storage units have around the clock on sight watchmen and/or surveillance. However, the guarded ones are not cheap to rent. Weigh the value of what you have verses the cost to store. Is what you have current production and replaceable or a heirloom?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I knew a gentleman in Pensacola that rented a climate controlled storage unit accessible only from inside for years. He never had a problem. Same gentleman had a backyard shed that he kept all his components in. Never a problem for him. Of course YMMV. Some of the storage units have around the clock on sight watchmen and/or surveillance. However, the guarded ones are not cheap to rent. Weigh the value of what you have verses the cost to store. Is what you have current production and replaceable or a heirloom?
    Most are replaceable, but some are heirlooms. I think we figured out a solution.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom