• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    You would not believe what pawn shops make. Everyone that borrows 100 owes back 125 and they do it every week. Broke, borrow, pay back so they can repeat it again. My old help used to do it. I told him I'd do it for half and he could keep his tools and he said he couldn't cause the pawn shop was taking care of him. Crackheads are brainwashed.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have a local pawnshop that I use for transfers and buy cool stuff sometimes. He's used to my nutty schedule doesn't think twice when I tell him 90 days till pickup. Cause I'm not home. $20 on transfers and $5 on kit lowers. He also has an awsome collection on display. M16,M10, mp5, bar, bren, ppsh41, mp40, etc..several FA guns. He always enjoys seeing the spacy stuff I get.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There's one huge downside to this tho. Only the person who pawned the items can pick up the items depending on the stores policy. So if you wind up hurt, sick, in hospital or die, strangers and family can go pay and add more time and pay the interest but can't get the items out. Some places seem better than others on these catch 22 rules I'm sure. Some tho write the rules so they're more likely to be able to keep the items. I've heard some will allow whoever has the ticket to pick up the items. Some won't. I'd ask first. Or see if they allow multiple people to be added to the account just in case somehow. Seems like a neat idea tho so long as there's no catch 22's

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What about a storage unit?

There are climate-controlled ones, too.
    If not, just prep your guns with a good cleaning and oiled up. Most of your stuff is metal and composite spacegun material right? Just keep the wood stock firearms with you in your air-conditioned living space, if you’re worried about long term “outdoors” temps drying out your wooden “furniture”.

Got a sofa that needs to be stored?
    Maybe you were gonna sell it or give it away in the move? Nah. Depending on how much stuff you have, reinforce the seat, under the cushions. Park the sofa on a trailer. Put your wrapped/cased rifles on it, covered in packing blankets, etc. Nothing to see here; move along.

Unload that beast directly into your storage unit.
    Pile cushions and boxes on it.

Worried about humidity? Put your stuff in a simple cooler. Put a couple desiccant packs/blocks in there. Tape it shut. Most weapons can be disassembled to be smaller.

Put some other crap in the unit around the sofa. Lock it with the best circle padlock you can buy. TWO, if there are two holes in the latch.

That’s it. Keep everything looking simple and not very appealing for a thief. Don’t put expensive looking stuff (tv boxes, computer boxes, filing cabinets, large power tools, etc) in there. Nothing that would be easy to pawn a couple counties away. Any observers would be not interested. Who the hell wants a used cooler and a used couch and boxes marked “Christmas lights” and “paperback books”?

Just another option.

All non-airconditioned options run the risk of rust, depending on location and duration.

Top Bottom