• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Several weeks ago I found a good deal on some security lights from Home Depot. These are the brightest lights that I have ever seen being solar/battery powered. Mine have 48 LED's and the sensitivity can be set so high that a cat will light it.
    I have two of these setups trained specifically at the area where I park my truck. Another deterrent. --- SAWMAN

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reading some threads on FB the other day, I bought 2 driveway alarms.
    Most of yall saw my spread out here so its hard to cover this much area with lights, plus if the lights lit up, who is going to see em?
    My plan is to have the driveway alarms out right by the truck and the receiver inside.
    I've already warned my mom and step dad if the alarms go off at night, the fur missile will be launched, no questions asked.
    But I guess I do somewhat live under a false sense, that it would be a PITA for a group to go driveway to driveway here. It's so spread out.

And as far as I truck gun, I am too chicken to carry one so far. Most of my rifles are purpose built. Either SBRs with cans, or long range type. I'd be nervous carrying an SBR with some of the Keystone cops we have around here not knowing the NFA laws and such.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those driveway alarms are fantastic and have many uses. I have them up the driveway and presently between the house and fences on both sides. The trick is to get them the right height and in line with a solid object on the other side of the path you're monitoring. I had to move the ones on the driveway in line with a large oak tree so my neighbor wouldn't set it off when he or his wife go down their driveway. These things have serious range on the sensors.

Jeff B

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me too. I have found the driveway alarm I have to be somewhat of a nuisance with cats and birds setting it off. I need to maybe adjust it some.

Lawman, Can you share the light info on what you bought? I need a few and don't want to run power.

Top Bottom