• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff B

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Car got hit last night in the Chemstrand Kingsfield area and a LCR was stolen. Report filed.

I'm pretty good about locking up, but not last night and of course I got hit. No excuse for it.

Lock your stuff up please.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Car got hit last night in the Chemstrand Kingsfield area and a LCR was stolen. Report filed.

I'm pretty good about locking up, but not last night and of course I got hit. No excuse for it.

Lock your stuff up please.

that sucks.. goodluck on finding them.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good luck finding it. Personally I won't leave a weapon in a car or truck until I get a lockbox I can secure to the vehicle. Even locked car doors won't stop a determined thief, best to have secondary protection especially for weapons.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relatively small groups of thieves have been swooping into a neighborhood and breaking & entering cars, and stealing some, during the night. At least that seems to be somewhat prevalent in Mobile. Stole my friends car and several more on his block. Seems like crime has gotten more organized. I won't keep a gun in the car. It's not like it used to be when we kept rifles hanging on the window rack.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relatively small groups of thieves have been swooping into a neighborhood and breaking & entering cars, and stealing some, during the night. At least that seems to be somewhat prevalent in Mobile. Stole my friends car and several more on his block. Seems like crime has gotten more organized. I won't keep a gun in the car. It's not like it used to be when we kept rifles hanging on the window rack.

Yeap it the young punks between 15 to 25 that's doing it. But when they get killed or shot for breaking in cars and home. They family get on tv and say he was a good kid or you ain't have to kill or shot them but they'll kill or shot you.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called swarming. Theyll drop a bunch of them off and the punks will try every vehicle on a street. My road got hit last year. I was the only house that didn't lose anything of the ones they went to. Luckily my wife bugged me till I made locking doors a habit. Also, my trucks and car were parked close with motion sensor lights cranking off when they got close.

There's been some cars stolen out here recently too. Oh, and a couple of truck tailgates.

Sorry to hear about this JeffB. Sometimes I think if your number is up you're just gonna get hit.

My area has always been relatively safe but I'm seeing an uptick, probably due to a lot of new construction. I'm currently doing a lot of things around my home to harden it. In fact the big brown truck dropped off a bunch of goodies today.

Slackwolf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Summer always brings out the little bastard school age kids roaming at all hours of night. Seems to happen more and more every year. Have seen 12-15ish year old kids roaming alleys and scoping cars at 1-2am while working in my garage. Pretty much any night I'm outside i see them and any nights I'm not, i still see them on camera. Makes me want to kick their "parents" asses.

Have also almost ran over a group running down road with backpacks last year when i headed out around 3:30am for work.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeap it the young punks between 15 to 25 that's doing it. But when they get killed or shot for breaking in cars and home. They family get on tv and say he was a good kid or you ain't have to kill or shot them but they'll kill or shot you.

I agree but job 1 is making yourself undesirable. Of course you aren't going to stop a determined bad guy but 90% of those doing the crimes are looking for fast and easy goodies. Even though some vehicles get glass broken to gain entrance that's usually going to be done where the noise isn't an issue.

I have a friend that got fed up with the crime surge out here and decided to do a survey when he got off work at 2 AM. In Beulah he counted 37 garage doors open and a bunch of unlocked cars. Those were just cars parked on the street he could see while driving by.

What gets me are the stolen trailers. In most cases I've personally hear of people backed in, unhooked the trailer and just left it there sitting pretty. I can back up, hook up my 5x10 and be gone in less than 30 seconds. If it's heavier and uses a jack add maybe 20 more seconds.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's called swarming. Theyll drop a bunch of them off and the punks will try every vehicle on a street. My road got hit last year. I was the only house that didn't lose anything of the ones they went to. Luckily my wife bugged me till I made locking doors a habit. Also, my trucks and car were parked close with motion sensor lights cranking off when they got close.

There's been some cars stolen out here recently too. Oh, and a couple of truck tailgates.

Sorry to hear about this JeffB. Sometimes I think if your number is up you're just gonna get hit.

My area has always been relatively safe but I'm seeing an uptick, probably due to a lot of new construction. I'm currently doing a lot of things around my home to harden it. In fact the big brown truck dropped off a bunch of goodies today.

I want to know what they do with the tailgates. My wife get mad cause I get up all nite and morning looking out the window when I hear stuff. I stay on a dead end so I hear everything. Only thing I can't hear is the Mexican rat messing up my yard

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just don't understand why people leave firearms in their vehicles overnight... as well as other easily removed valuables... vehicle burglaries are extremely common, makes no sense to leave a firearm in a vehicle.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just don't understand why people leave firearms in their vehicles overnight... as well as other easily removed valuables... vehicle burglaries are extremely common, makes no sense to leave a firearm in a vehicle.

becoz truck gun :der:

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

1. Truck gun
    2. Back up gun.
    3. Feel safe when you at home in your yard.
    4.couldn't grab when coming from store.
    5. Lazy.
    6. Forget to get out truck or car.
    The list can go on and on I keep mind on me and I have to take it off I got a book bag I keep with me. If I Forget to put it back on. I work hard for minds and I don't want to do any paperwork. Now if they break in my truck and don't get anything that's what I got state farm for.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cheap and easy motion/drive way alarms from harbor freight are a cheap way to know when someone comes into your driveway!!!!! I always have had one and it alerts me to anything in my driveway. Now it does get annoying if you have stray cats and dogs that get you up at night to check out. But it's something I learn to live with for the extra security. My new home that's being built right now will have all the gadgets and gizmos for security. I will be pre wiring for cameras, motion alarms, regular alarm system etc... And I got a decent enough system to be able to make out faces at night. I'll catch anyone coming into my driveway!!!!!

But never ever leave a gun in the vehicle overnight. You would be surprised at how many firearms are on the street because of this!!!!!

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cheap and easy motion/drive way alarms from harbor freight are a cheap way to know when someone comes into your driveway!!!!! I always have had one and it alerts me to anything in my driveway. Now it does get annoying if you have stray cats and dogs that get you up at night to check out. But it's something I learn to live with for the extra security. My new home that's being built right now will have all the gadgets and gizmos for security. I will be pre wiring for cameras, motion alarms, regular alarm system etc... And I got a decent enough system to be able to make out faces at night. I'll catch anyone coming into my driveway!!!!!

But never ever leave a gun in the vehicle overnight. You would be surprised at how many firearms are on the street because of this!!!!!

Amen that where all the young punk getting there guns from.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    1. Truck gun
    2. Back up gun.
    3. Feel safe when you at home in your yard.
    4.couldn't grab when coming from store.
    5. Lazy.
    6. Forget to get out truck or car.
    The list can go on and on I keep mind on me and I have to take it off I got a book bag I keep with me. If I Forget to put it back on. I work hard for minds and I don't want to do any paperwork. Now if they break in my truck and don't get anything that's what I got state farm for.

All excuses... do as you want... and every month or two I'll take yet another report of a stolen firearm that is now in the hands of a criminal... yep, #5 says it all...

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All excuses... do as you want... and every month or two I'll take yet another report of a stolen firearm that is now in the hands of a criminal... yep, #5 says it all...

Oh I know I. I like my stuff I don't leave stuff in car truck or my 18 wheeler I work to hard for minds.

Jeff B

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I have cameras, security system, etc. i even have video of the bastard but it was dark and a little far. My fault for not locking the door.

Maybe we need a seperate thread for home security. Haha

Jeff B

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I also have driveway monitor. Haha. He bypasses it because i have 2 acres and he crossed through the side. It is just a fact it was my fault to leave it in the car and unlocked. That mistake wont happen again.

Top Bottom