• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, there certainly is that nowadays JBryan. No question the English language, composition and grammar isn't being taught.

I do think some of it though is probably new guys to the sport. I tend to give credit for them just not knowing what info to give. I didn't three years ago, better now but still probably leave out beer info. Like the first AR I sold. I got questions thrown at me I really didn't have an answer for. I had to have Sawman come over and give me a class.

We do have one airplane that might end up free. Everyone is scared of it, I have friends with hundreds of carrier landings and cat launches in F-18s that won't go near it. It's the aerial equivalent of putting three 300 HP outboards on a 12' John Boat. It's sitting there waiting to bite someone in the ass. I had to tow it out of the hangar Thursday with the golf cart and I was scared, and It doesn't even have a battery in it.

The Spencer would make a great GCGF club airplane. Amphib. I could drop you yahoo's off up on Blackwater to hunt, fly down to the Flora Bama for beer and bikinis and be back to pick your sorry asses up within 20 minutes of the phone call. Weight is a concern but since you all probably won't be successful with anything bigger than a squirrel i could make it work.:bored:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And here is the Christine (Stephen King reference) of the air. Only pic I have that shows the business end.

Edit: Just noticed this photo was taken the day of the ice storm winter before last. Notice the icesicles hanging on all he surfaces and my door mirror is iced up.

Attachments

• NCM_0107.jpg
      NCM_0107.jpg
      303.7 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Why not? This thing is actually a very good water plane. It looks weird because it's designed to be operated on and from water. Engine mounted high and in pusher configuration to keep it out of the water spray, from end opens clam shell style so you can walk forward on to a dock, those outrigger floats are also fuel tanks, bottom is optimized for getting on step and off the water quickly.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've never been in a plane actually... I dang sure don't want to be in that for the first time. Lol

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why not? This thing is actually a very good water plane. It looks weird because it's designed to be operated on and from water. Engine mounted high and in pusher configuration to keep it out of the water spray, from end opens clam shell style so you can walk forward on to a dock, those outrigger floats are also fuel tanks, bottom is optimized for getting on step and off the water quickly.

i'd do it.....or should I say. "hit it"............:plane:

folks should have seen some of the junk that flew in desert storm, after a transfusion with sand, everything failed....:usa2:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been in a plane actually... I dang sure don't want to be in that for the first time. Lol

I'll give ya the 5 cent version...but that plane reminds me of the first time I skydived - It was 15 years ago for my 25th B-day. I had imagined a big plane, big door, walking up to it and jumping out. I went with Don Kellner, the world record holder for # of jumps out of Hazleton, PA. There was a whopping 15 minutes of training. The plane was a crop duster with the seats torn out. It took 20+ minutes of going in nauseating circles to reach 12K feet. I went tandem, as close as two men can get. The door was removed, we were on our knees, crawled to the door and instead of us jumping, the pilot simply tipped the starboard wing to 6 o'clock and we fell out the damn door.

The best 30 seconds of my life, but John, a Cessna or single prop is NOT the plane you want to break your flying cherry on.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clay, Clay, Clay, nonsense. I'll fly in single engine GA aircraft all day long. Airliners go splat when they hit the ground, small, light aircraft have a fighting chance, depending on the crash situation. And coming from a man that jumped (fell) out of a perfectly good aircraft too.

What you jumped from was a small single engine aircraft. No agricultural spray airplanes are multi seat.

Small aircraft give a much better flying experience. Personal. There's no real up front sensual experience in a large metal tube. Operated correctly they're quite safe. Virtually all (few exceptions) small aviation crashes can be attributed directly back to pilot error, a much smaller percentage is maintenance related. Proper maintenance almost always eliminates the chance of engine stoppage or things breaking in the air. And most aircraft owners are past religious with maintenance. It's also required with steep prices to pay for neglect.

This photo is a Sidewinder that touched down virtually 50' from the end of the runway, went through two fences, busting four 6x6 posts off even with the ground and then flipping end over end across a field. Speed at impact with first fence was around 85 knots. Pilot passed out on approach due to a medical condition (previously unknown to him) but when he was freed from the aircraft he was able to walk on his own.

Attachments

• Coastal crash 92907 015.jpg
      Coastal crash 92907 015.jpg
      124.1 KB · Views: 102
    Top Bottom