• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ......... I have seen a bunch of "For Sale" or "For Trade" adds hereabouts that are ...... well ...... shall we say vague. Not enough info and/or (IMO) the seller/trader really does not know what the eff they got. How can this be ?? Are you people dumb or simply stoooopid ?? (Pick only one)

We are going backwards here. pretty soon the add will read --> "For Sale .... Gun"..........
    The name of a AR should be advertised by the maker of the LOWER. You can quite easily list all the other parts by name if you want to. Upper,bbl,etc. There is (IMO) no such thing as too much info.

These are generally the adds that I skip. Talking to some of the older regulars on this forum,they do also. I start reading the add and when it starts getting extremely vague,contradictory,of for the most part ... BULLSHIT ... I pass it on by. At that point I really don't care about the price or where the guy lives. If you are really vague about the item you have for sale,there could only be three reasons for this: 1. You unintentionally do know what the eff you own 2. You are intentionally trying to be deceptive 3. You are a cerebrally challenged individual. OH YEAH ... one more ... english could possibly NOT be your first language. (Just for the record,misspelled words are NEVER a problem for me .... SHIT .... I am a terrible speller.)

All you sellers/traders out there please discover the PM function on this forum. Please use it for the "down to the wire" trade/buying/selling talks. And for Christ's sake .... if you really don't know what you are selling,please post it over on the PFFFFT forum. Most of the guys over there don't know what they are buying so you will sell your item really quick.

Thanks for your time. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ......... I have seen a bunch of "For Sale" or "For Trade" adds hereabouts that are ...... well ...... shall we say vague. Not enough info and/or (IMO) the seller/trader really does not know what the eff they got. How can this be ?? Are you people dumb or simply stoooopid ?? (Pick only one)

We are going backwards here. pretty soon the add will read --> "For Sale .... Gun"..........
    The name of a AR should be advertised by the maker of the LOWER. You can quite easily list all the other parts by name if you want to. Upper,bbl,etc. There is (IMO) no such thing as too much info.

These are generally the adds that I skip. Talking to some of the older regulars on this forum,they do also. I start reading the add and when it starts getting extremely vague,contradictory,of for the most part ... BULLSHIT ... I pass it on by. At that point I really don't care about the price or where the guy lives. If you are really vague about the item you have for sale,there could only be three reasons for this: 1. You unintentionally do know what the eff you own 2. You are intentionally trying to be deceptive 3. You are a cerebrally challenged individual. OH YEAH ... one more ... english could possibly NOT be your first language. (Just for the record,misspelled words are NEVER a problem for me .... SHIT .... I am a terrible speller.)

All you sellers/traders out there please discover the PM function on this forum. Please use it for the "down to the wire" trade/buying/selling talks. And for Christ's sake .... if you really don't know what you are selling,please post it over on the PFFFFT forum. Most of the guys over there don't know what they are buying so you will sell your item really quick.

Thanks for your time. --- SAWMAN

You crack me up Sawman! Always direct and to the point. Let me tell Ya, it's exhausting correcting it-if TennJeep had a buck for every ad he corrects the guy could retire. Id like to see it a template like an online order form, it won't proceed unless you have everything filled in correctly.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I didn't get a chance to talk to any of the old regulars yet, but my pet peeve on the for sale section is when some one bumps an ad forever that is obviously over priced, or that no one wants. If there is no response for months and months, (except the OP's bumps) the seller should realize he/she is stuck with a POS that no on wants.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw, this touches on something you and I talked about yesterday. A percentage of folks out there just don't communicate well on line. If you're not used to dealing with people through the written word, or ever been in a position where information has to be precisely conveyed, you won't necessarily know how to do so. Of course, there's always the lazy too.

Clay's idea is good. Set it up like other forms on line, fill in the boxes or it won't let you proceed to the next step.

I can be as bad as the worst here. If I were to put an AR for sale on here I wouldn't necessarily know every detail to put down. People that do know the subject want brand names of parts, detailed specifications, mfr dates and such that might not occur to me.

What I try to do (and fail miserably sometimes) is reread something I typed before I post from a perspective of someone else. In other words look at it like someone else wrote it and I'm seeing it fresh.

BTW Saw, I meant to tell you I have a rifle for sale in case you're interested.Do you want it?:boom:

Jk.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure if you can create a form like that in the BB software, but you can change the settings on the F/S/T section to be moderated so that someone can fill out the thread, but it takes a moderator to approve it and take it out of moderation. It creates more work for the mods, but does away with ads that say "gun for sale; $1 bazillion". Another way of controlling it is something I do on my forum that I borrowed from other forums. Set up parameters such as XX number of posts and XX amount of time as a forum member before the B/S/T is even seen to new members.
    Full disclosure I have an administrator guy that figures this stuff out for us because I'm too stupid to do much except come up with ideas. :peace:

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw...u don't like my Taurus for $1200...it's BNIB with only 900 rounds thru it...it shouldn't matter where I'm located its that good of a deal...I even removed the serial number so u can create ur own

I don't even look in the for sale section anymore...frankenARs and HI end 1911s that get so much praise are the only things I see...oh yeah and the same people always seem to be selling glocks...I think some just flip those from blue label

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and take some images of some guns and post them for sale. I just don't know how much interest there is on this forum for lever action rifles and revolvers.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In Roaster's post #3 I think that he was talkin' about me. That's ok,I think he is still a great guy and is one of my favorite people on this whole forum. Well ........ him and Stanley.

Anyway,personally,I have no problem with people having stuff for sale or trade on this forum until a Repub becomes prez. I feel that over time different people will see the add as they come on the forum OR start looking for something that they did not need a couple of months ago. I DO have a problem with peoples add that is not up to date as far as they sold part of the advertised item(s),or it sold a year and a half ago. For me ...... this is why I do not tend to bump my older adds every two days but sometimes only every several weeks.

Ask the Admin guy if he minds adds being left up for a couple years or so and see what he sez. This I suspect,as long as they meet the guidelines set in my above paragraph. This is not to be speaking for Ian,just my thought.

poff, yeah that is a great price for a "one of a kind" gun. In fact that is the same gun I bought from a guy with a screen name that begins in "D" about two months ago aint it ??

Sean, ......... noooooooo,what we talked about yesterday was you opening a BBQ joint directly across the street from the airport and looking for a couple to run it for you. IN FACT ...... I told you that I know just the people with experience. ........ or maybe not ..... the sun was hot.
    But yeah,Clays suggestion is a good one. The older voting members,like me,will vote in favor of it at our next meeting.

AND ....... sorry Sean,not looking for a rifle ... just a "gun". :mod: --- SAWMAN
    EDIT TO ADD: There are tons of people around here that are interested in lever guns AND revo's. I am just one of them. Would suggest though,probably not very many in revo's chambered in 32-20 or lever guns chambered in 25-20.

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You crack me up Sawman! Always direct and to the point. Let me tell Ya, it's exhausting correcting it-if TennJeep had a buck for every ad he corrects the guy could retire. Id like to see it a template like an online order form, it won't proceed unless you have everything filled in correctly.

I vote just delete the ad completely until the person can get it right. If they are too lazy to read the rules then that's their problem. Maybe before they make a for sale post have a pop up that directs them to the for sale rules and have them acknowledge them. Keep deleting the ads eventually they may get it right.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sean, saw this add a couple of days ago and figured it might interest you or "your type".

FOR SALE ---- RC Plane
    * longish wings
    * liquid fuel motor
    * prop with either two or three blades (will look as soon as I get home from vacation)
    * Rubber tires
    * comes with a RC box with antenna
    * fairly new,only 60hrs and every landing was a pretty good one.

$700.00 need money for my wifes heart tarnsplant. Will consider trades.

This is your sign. :plane: --- SAWMAN

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought we already had a template in the "For Sale" section:
    Item

Contact Info

Price

Item Description

Or do you mean something like drop down windows with a variety of makes, models, calibers, barrel lengths, optics, add ons, flash hiders, suppressors...

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item

Contact Info

Price

Item Description

Or do you mean something like drop down windows with a variety of makes, models, calibers, barrel lengths, optics, add ons, flash hiders, suppressors...

Most people don't read the rules prior to posting, the template will still post even if it's incorrect. My point was to create a template that mirrors billing and shipping forms online= it will not allow you to proceed until entered correctly

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item

Contact Info

Price

Item Description

No, the point is some people don't use it, Clay was talking about making it like those forms where you fill out a credit card, all fields must be checked or it won't go through.

Ooops, Clay posted as I was typing.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't use the template, but I think I cover all the necessary information.

Personally, I don't think an AR should be listed without a complete parts list, because you know someone is going to ask for it... but in the end, it's not my item for sale, so I don't care what you write. If I want it, I'll find out what the details are by asking for them... though I agree it is annoying to ask for info that is pretty important.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, I put a certain couple that used to have a BBQ joint on the same pedestal as steak salesmen.

Oh, and I might buy that RC plane. I've had at least 400 in my years, probably a lot more, and I've never had one last 60 hours.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    RG, I had one listed 4 or 5 years ago. It never sold. Take a look.

And .... just sayin' ..... people around here had better be awful nice to Sean. I predict that he's gonna have all kinds of shit to give away in the near future. --- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Being nice to someone just for thier free stuff is being nice for the wrong reason.

Unless it's an airplane. Then we should all be nice to Sean. Because forum should have it's own communal airplane.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw, this touches on something you and I talked about yesterday. A percentage of folks out there just don't communicate well on line. If you're not used to dealing with people through the written word, or ever been in a position where information has to be precisely conveyed, you won't necessarily know how to do so. Of course, there's always the lazy too.

Clay's idea is good. Set it up like other forms on line, fill in the boxes or it won't let you proceed to the next step.

I can be as bad as the worst here. If I were to put an AR for sale on here I wouldn't necessarily know every detail to put down. People that do know the subject want brand names of parts, detailed specifications, mfr dates and such that might not occur to me.

What I try to do (and fail miserably sometimes) is reread something I typed before I post from a perspective of someone else. In other words look at it like someone else wrote it and I'm seeing it fresh.

BTW Saw, I meant to tell you I have a rifle for sale in case you're interested.Do you want it?:boom:

Jk.

Agreed, but I don't think it's just people who don't communicate well online. I think there are a lot of people out there who don't communicate well at all. They don't even realize what they're saying and what they're not saying. Half of my patients at Baptist Hospital can't even articulate what they need or what's wrong with them. Pay close attention and you'll realize that a lot of people out there barely speak anything rightly called English. It's one thing not to be able to recall exactly what something is in particular, it's entirely another if you can't finish one single sentence without expecting me to fill in a blank myself. This goes for ads online as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom