• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So the next GCGF luncheon bring your battle rifle with ya to Barnes and Noble woohoo. I agree with Viking nobody needs to open carry a Black rifle with 100 rd drum thats just ridiculous and im not so sure id wanna be next to that guy id definitely keep my eyes on him. He is strapped for battle not self defense. Theres a big difference IMO
    Nobody needs AR period. Nobody needs more than ten guns. Nobody needs more than 10 rounds. And more and more statements. Where does it end?

I am literally surprised at so many comments on here.

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ones opinion will never end. But i still believe that guy needs an evaluation packing like that. Not only does it look silly but he would be an easy first target for anyone with bad intentions. Easy easy

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This reminds me of trying to teach a teenager common sense. The guy has good intentions but has little to no common sense. Do you really think his face pictured all over the media walking through and international airport with a semi-auto rifle is going to help the gun rights cause? It's going to make people think a law needs to be changed to prevent this from happening. If he wanted to defend himself there's plenty of pistols he could have been carrying that would have drawn a lot less negative attention. An international airport isn't the streets of Bagdad, there's no need to be carry that for self defense, it sends the wrong message about gun owners.

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep a pistol would have much better for the gun owners
    I get what doc is saying let's let people see guns
    But this is like two gay guys fucking in the middle of the airport not just walking around holding hands
    Let's start out small

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nobody needs AR period. Nobody needs more than ten guns. Nobody needs more than 10 rounds. And more and more statements. Where does it end?

I am literally surprised at so many comments on here.
    Drinking on the beach used to be a pretty nice thing to legal and all but a few a$$clowns has ruined that for everyone. Black rifle / airport ....... See where this leads

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I dont wanna get a GCGF Infraction so im done with this thread. Peace love and happiness

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is missing from this conversation is that:

"He took photos and videos of himself in the airport. Cooley then sent those videos to Channel 2 Action News via Facebook"

So while he may have arguably been legitimately performing self-defense and exercising one of his constitutional rights, it's clear that he also had other motivations.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "This guy offends me". Ive seen this post a few times now. Dont we all bitch when liberals make laws against things that offend them???

Back to having a double standard I guess. Telum pieces hit it right on the head.

No one needs an AR. No one needs more than 7 bullets. No needs more than 1 gun. Cause if you do that makes you lookimg for trouble. (Sarcasm)

These few posts go to show you why we cant even stand together on one issue versus the whole gun control issue as a whole.

If a guy carrying a gun offends you, maybe you should seek therapy.

Doc

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This guy was an obvious attention seeker seeing how he personally videoed the encounters and sent them to everyone and their brother. I really really really dislike the videos of these attention seeking asshats looking for a reason to be offended. They may claim to care about gun rights but reality is they are jeopardizing them for those of us everyday folks who aren't looking to be on reality tv. Narcissistic behavior at it's finest.

How is the poor police officers at the airport supposed to know his intentions? Why go make their jobs harder than it already is? It's not normal behavior and never has been in this country to do something like that. It's their job to at least make contact with him and make sure he's not a nutjob. One of these guys is going to eventually get themselves shot and I won't be feeling to damn sorry for them.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This guy was an obvious attention seeker seeing how he personally videoed the encounters and sent them to everyone and their brother. I really really really dislike the videos of these attention seeking asshats looking for a reason to be offended. They may claim to care about gun rights but reality is they are jeopardizing them for those of us everyday folks who aren't looking to be on reality tv. Narcissistic behavior at it's finest.

How is the poor police officers at the airport supposed to know his intentions? Why go make their jobs harder than it already is? It's not normal behavior and never has been in this country to do something like that. It's their job to at least make contact with him and make sure he's not a nutjob. One of these guys is going to eventually get themselves shot and I won't be feeling to damn sorry for them.

That poor police officer at the airport, should know his intention. Weapon is slung and he isn't shooting up the place.

Police officers at airports don't really work that hard, except to tell people they can't park in certain areas.

That's probably the worst argument I've seen yet.

Now everybody who owns a gun please turn them in at the nearest police station and tell them you don't want to offend anyone seeing you have a gun..........sarcasm once again.

What if you saw a guy walking down 79 with an AR, would you assume he was going to shoot up a place?

Why does everyone assume that if a guy has an open carry, he is there to do harm?

If you personally don't like open carry, don't open carry. But don't INFRINGE on someone else's right because carrying something a certain way offends you. When you do that, you sound like a bleeding heart liberal......just keeping it real dawg!

Doc

Last edited:

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can he do it? Yes. Can I wear a speedo? Yes. I don't want to see anyone ripping their eyes out so I don't.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What is liberty?

What is infringement?

What is "LEGAL"?

I'm with Telum and Doc.

This guy did NOTHING wrong. Whether or not you agree with it he was well within his Rights. The current status quo is; "guns are scary and if you have one you are probably a bad guy trying to do something evil." The more comfortable the public gets with this the better chance WE have of having our Rights restored. He showed up in a very public place. He left. Nothing happened except for he "knotted some knickers" (patented). It's to be expected because it seem most cops aren't comfortable with anyone having firearms but themselves. When the sight of a firearm doesn't make people freak out, that's better for us. How should we go about that?

For those that don't like it.... Where is the line drawn? Rifle? Shotgun? Desert Eagle? Glock? LCP? Derringer? As soon as limits are applied to a Right we lose.

PS. I wouldn't OC at an airport if it was legal. Personally, I don't want to deal with the PITA it could end up being.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Problem is that THE PEOPLE will never get used to it as long as nut jobs keep killing childern in schoole and movie houses with Black Guns and it gets reported on every meda possable.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I think apd handled it well. He didn't get shot, they asked him what the hell he was thinking and then just monitored him in case.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Problem is that THE PEOPLE will never get used to it as long as nut jobs keep killing childern in schoole and movie houses with Black Guns and it gets reported on every meda possable.

You're perpetuating what the MSM is puttingt out to the people. We've been led to believe that we crime is on the rise and that "school/mass shootings" are happening all the time.

If more people OC'd, it wouldn't be a big deal when people exercised their Rights. We've been cowed for so long that even "gun guys" think this is a bad thing.

I'll ask again... What's your limit on the Second Amendment?

When a guy walks into a chipotle with a Barret slung over his back and the only question he gets asked is "what kind of glass do you have on that?"... We win. Until then, we're fighting to get back what we've lost.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Right. The last guy walking around with a fully loaded AR with a drum magazine shot up a movie theater full of people, and then went to his backup weapon and then shot some more. How is the general public, or the police supposed to tell the two apart? Because one hasn't pulled the trigger yet? If he had pulled the trigger (the gun was fully loaded and carried at a "combat ready" position) we would be faulting the police for not reacting sooner/better.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're perpetuating what the MSM is puttingt out to the people. We've been led to believe that we crime is on the rise and that "school/mass shootings" are happening all the time.

If more people OC'd, it wouldn't be a big deal when people exercised their Rights. We've been cowed for so long that even "gun guys" think this is a bad thing.

I'll ask again... What's your limit on the Second Amendment?

When a guy walks into a chipotle with a Barret slung over his back and the only question he gets asked is "what kind of glass do you have on that?"... We win. Until then, we're fighting to get back what we've lost.

So is it OK to "tac up" in full combat dress, with spare magazines in chest rigs, with five of your buddies, all with AR-15s with 100 round drum mags, and hang out at a school entrance 10 minutes before the kids get out of school? Its just open carry, right?

Top Bottom