• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The three magic words...."I'll take it" and then follow through. No magic words, no deal. And yes, I've held things for people, but you'd better have an excellent on line reputation or I've done business with you before. And, there are people that I wouldn't sell to for twice the price. The For Sale section is not a game. I've met lots of good people on here, and I'm proud to call them friends, and I would go five extra miles for them, but to the entitled jerks....well lets just say you're on my list.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing to remember, the more deals you make the more likely it is some of them won’t go the way you’d like!

:) The you is generic.

elpato

Shooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    The nature of internet sales forums allow people to remain relatively anonymous. It seems that a lot of people out there anymore have forgotten the basics of interacting politely, and it certainly shows .
    My personal favorite , is when there has already been a substantial amount of haggling via text , and endless photos, back and forth, only to eventually meet up with a buyer at an agreed upon price, to have them lowball at the last minute.

" I know we agreed on $500, but all i brought with me was $350.."

That's kinda when i feel like i have a green light to tell ya how I really feel.....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had that happen. Just looked at them, put my stuff back in the truck without saying a word and got in it. Then all the sudden the rest of the money magically appeared..

Amazing how that worked.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was on the edge of driving away, but they made the money appear and I'll hold my word. My item for that money. Trust me on the way back in the truck I let them know the error in their ways.

Problem is most adults regardless of age, if that is how they do things, they were cultured into that by those around them, and they won't change no matter how good I can break them down.

So in the end of the day, it's not worth the effort to chew into them. They don't have the understanding to be a better person.

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Or do any of you ignore rude people when selling an item?
    By rude I mean people that don’t speak in complete sentences when contacting you.
    It’s especially prevalent on FB Marketplace.
    I was selling an item the other day for $250. I got a message and all it said was “$200”. I didn’t reply.
    If he had said “Could you possibly take $200 for your item?”, I would have probably said yes.
    I have a jacket for sale and got a message “picture of tag”. Not responding. Speak in complete sentences, caveman.
    I’m fairly old, fairly cantankerous and will eat tonight whether my item sells or not.
    Am I the only one that feels this way?
    Your not alone. for some reason they cant or wont make complete sentences or sense...

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My favorite is getting a 10 or 20 dollar discount because they don't have change. You should have to lose that 10 bucks.....not me. It's done on purpose.
    I always keep change.
    What do you mean... they don't show up with the full amount and expect you to lower the price?

If so I've had that one too, and make sure to let them know that it's wise to bring the full amount when you tell someone you will give them that exact amount.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    What do you mean... they don't show up with the full amount and expect you to lower the price?

If so I've had that one too, and make sure to let them know that it's wise to bring the full amount when you tell someone you will give them that exact amount.
    Yes.... exactly.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yup.

The way I look at it, a person as an adult doesn't walk into a store and haggle with them to lower the posted price at the register when they get there to check out, so why are you pulling that with me?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My favorite is getting a 10 or 20 dollar discount because they don't have change. You should have to lose that 10 bucks.....not me. It's done on purpose.
    I always keep change.
    i have had that happen on both sides, when i did not have proper change, or the seller... i have always resolved it, by either giving a bit more, or buying something else that the seller had on them...or the seller taking back a little ammo..at most, i have lacked a twenty ..but not on purpose, just busy schedule and trying to make the meeting time, not going by to get change..

it pays to have enough on your person to scoop up extra deals when they happen, as the moment may not come again...

most of the time, the seller has 3 prices in their head, the one they want in the perfect world, they one they will take if needed, and the one they need to pay the bill they need paid... that last one is the worst position to be in as a seller...

try to never be forced by money issues to have to make a sale.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And when they show up,they want you to make change for them.
    What I do is this. I simply up the price to the next higher bill that they have.
    $525.00 and all they got is $520 OR $530.00 ??
    THAT WILL BE $530.00 or NO SALE.
    You know what my price is. My add states "FIRM". BRING THE CORRECT MONEY ... OR LOOSE MONEY. YOUR CHOICE. --- SAWMAN

JWrecks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sold a Marlin 917 that wouldn't extract properly on most casings for under my asking price of 250 bucks on here (the issue was listed in the sale ad). He showed up asking for a no change discount. We were literally next to a gas station. He could have gone and made change. I was sympathetic to him and didn't want to embarrass him further; he said he'd driven a long way and still had a ways to go.

Still burns me up to this day. But, I get a little bit of joy in knowing what a huge pain in the ass it was to get those rimfire rounds out of that chamber.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I recently took a trade on a gun that seems to have a factory defect, according to previous owners it ran fine. I don't see how that's possible when I can't get it to do anything. I have pin pointed the issue.

I've contacted the manufacturer and we are working on that one at the moment.

Honest truth about it would have helped, to lie about it is rude, but I wasn't there so maybe they had it working, very doubtful.

Then again just like selling a car, runs fine no issues....

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold a Marlin 917 that wouldn't extract properly on most casings for under my asking price of 250 bucks on here (the issue was listed in the sale ad). He showed up asking for a no change discount. We were literally next to a gas station. He could have gone and made change. I was sympathetic to him and didn't want to embarrass him further; he said he'd driven a long way and still had a ways to go.

Still burns me up to this day. But, I get a little bit of joy in knowing what a huge pain in the ass it was to get those rimfire rounds out of that chamber.

If you’re selling something for $250 and I show up with $260 don’t have change you just made an extra $10 because that’s my problem not yours. I could have stopped and got change. You are an individual selling a gun not a retail store who I should expect to have a cash register.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    One more thing - what does “interested” mean?
    When I post something for sale and someone posts “Interested” and doesn’t say anything else. What is that about?

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One more thing - what does “interested” mean?
    When I post something for sale and someone posts “Interested” and doesn’t say anything else. What is that about?
    They are just keeping tabs on the post, or waiting for you to drop the price.

Top Bottom