• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Four Winds is friggin nuts. Very good, very rich :) Expensive, but worth it. Normally you'll be full from all the samples :)

dirtysouth

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grovers on Davis just north of Copter is also awesome! Fried foods, awesome, makes me wanna nap the rest of the day...

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love Mediterranean, but I heard things about Jordan's kitchen after they moved out of their last place. I'll leave it at that.
    I get my Gyro fix at Georgio's.
    I will NOT eat at Adonna's
    I like New Yorker Deli as well, but I HATE Jerry's Drive in.

There's a Med place on 9th just south of Creighton.

Hmm, New Yorker deli, I wonder what part of new York,,,lol.

I'm one of those that will get my Philly cheese steak from a guy from Philly, my Gyro from a guy from Greece, my Chinese from folks from china, etc.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great thread. Tudo is a must and for Mediterranean we like Jordan Valley. For burgers Blue Dot downtown P'cola is awesome or TOPS on cervantes. Apple Market on scenic hwy. has a great lunch and some decent deli sandwiches.
    CCGHN these should fit your Brownsville requirements. ;)

yes,,lol. Tudo, is that Thai place on Davis, just South of I-10? I went there, good authentic Thai. You're the second person to say Tops is the best burgers in town. Haven't been to Jordan Valley but will soon, I love Baba Ganoush and make may own....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    yes,,lol. Tudo, is that Thai place on Davis, just South of I-10? I went there, good authentic Thai. You're the second person to say Tops is the best burgers in town. Haven't been to Jordan Valley but will soon, I love Baba Ganoush and make may own....

Vietnamese. Incredible Pho.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a dive but if you guys are looking for really excellent food try out a recently opened restaurant called Iron. Maybe the best food in town. It's out at Marcus Point and you usually need to make reservations. Local chef who worked at Fish House, Jackson's, and then in New Orleans for a few years before coming back and opening up Iron. They grow a lot of their own vegetables and herbs on the golf course grounds as well. The menu changes regularly.

They have a great bar and my favorite is their Maple Old Fashion with a stick of bacon in it. You can also bring in your own wine for a 10 dollar cork fee which in nice.

I believe the chef/owner must be a gun guy because there is a big Disruptive Environments sticker on the stainless cooking hood. The kitchen is open so you can see the staff work. Pretty cool place that not everyone knows about yet.

http://restaurantiron.com/

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Vietnamese. Incredible Pho.

Yes, that's it. VN food is good, too, as is Philippine....I go into any place and ask them what is their claim to fame, what's their specialty, what best represents their culture?

In Asian food, I look for the "wok hay", it's a concept that starts with a real nice seasoned wok and it's where the stir fried food has a hint of the taste of the wok. Most Asian places don't get it, but some do. That little drive thru place on Cervantes ( East of Pace) does.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of great ideas, thanks, I have been wanting to try PHO but never have been able to wok in yet, I guess i would not know what to order. I heard the noodles are great.
    I see lots of deputies at grovers all the time, I thought they got robbed alot or were selling drugs. I will try them out.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Lots of great ideas, thanks, I have been wanting to try PHO but never have been able to walk in yet, I guess i would not know what to order. I heard the noodles are great.

Tu Do has a drive through, just call ahead of time. That's one of the things I love about it. I've never actually sat inside.

Chicken Pho, it's chicken noodle soup, but better. Way, way better.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...my dads from Philly and its the only place he will eat 1

That's what I'm talking about,,,lol. I have friends from Brooklyn and they're serious about their pizza and deli's. They say a good deli will make it's own pastrami and bruschetta and make and bake it's own rolls.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    On 9mile and 1 on creighton...incredible subs especially the Philly cheese steak...my dads from Philly and its the only place he will eat 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah? Are they like Pat's or Geno's?

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow, Geno's has a lot of bad reviews. One said the lasagna had no meat and tasted like it came out of a can. Another, the pizza was undercooked and had no flavor. Another, the place is dirty. Another said they brought out a piece of frozen, breaded chicken, obviously pre-packaged.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grover's.........oh man it's good but last time I ate there I could feel my arteries hardening up. I think they fry in pure lard. All the local cardiologist should have to pay them a kickback.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seafood Platter Deli on 9 Mile Road has some great seafood (they close early so it's hard to get there)
    Wayne's Diner on Pine Forest for some monster fried pork chops and lots of veggies
    Smokies BBQ has good BBQ and their coleslaw and catfish sandwich are awesome

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    wow, Geno's has a lot of bad reviews. One said the lasagna had no meat and tasted like it came out of a can. Another, the pizza was undercooked and had no flavor. Another, the place is dirty. Another said they brought out a piece of frozen, breaded chicken, obviously pre-packaged.

FWIW. I like Pat's, but I haven't been to Philly since the Blizzard of '03 or '04.

Top Bottom