IDPA 8/23/2014 Regular Match (With Rifle Side Match)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TGD group shot.jpg
    Okay, GREAT group shot. All bearded? Yes. Team Uniform? Yes. Shirts UN-tucked and menacing? all but one and HE's the one with the pink holster hiding behind his hand.
    The next thing you know, his gun will have say . . . a pink TRIGGER? Say it ain't so. What's next? Pink hats or pink panties? :D:D

Don't be no scarin' goin' on with no pink holster. Bring back the .45 and the BLACK holster, I say.

It was great to have you guys show up and have a good time in our nice cool Summer weather. Maybe that was the Global warming they're talking about, but I say it's just cyclical, like pink holsters. It's just a phase, and he'll grow out of it!

Glad you guys came out and I'm sure the advent of the Rifle side match was a big part of it. We'll be having another Rifle pistol match real soon where the rifle is used just as much as the pistol is during the stage, and yes . . . . you can even bring a pink rifle. We welcome the ladies to also come out and shoot with us.

Please invite your female significant others to come out and join us and don't forget that our club has a ladies only group called the Gun Goddesses if they want to ease into shooting without a bunch of mouthy guys hanging around GOSSIPING !!!

Attachments

• TGD group shot.jpg
      TGD group shot.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 150
    Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    don't think I won't wear a pink dress next match. As hot as it has been, a dress with no undies on...think about the air flow!

Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How bout Kilts? I would rock a pink Holster, just because. I have found out that pink triggers attract the bullet and paper like no other color! Hee Hee! I do get my wifey out to the range a few times a year. But she has no desire to shoot anything other than static ranges. But at least I do get her out sometimes.
    Man we do look spiffy though!!

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got an email last week about a new association; maybe you have heard of it. The U.S. Carbine Association which is a TWO-GUN match using carbine and pistol, as we did our side match today. I emailed them for contact information to see what I can find out. I will let you know what they tell me, or you can click the link for further info: . It could be interesting. Look forward to you guys in your kilts next month. Hopefully it will be a little cooler. Maybe we should look into bringing a box fan and a long extension cord !

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    But what about the shotgun and your back up gun? We also do those to see whether people understand that you do need to aim a shotgun, not just point it in a general direction and what about the effectiveness of your back up? People do miss their targets with a shotgun more often than you think.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You can use a .410 gauge if you want, just may have to double tap the steel a little. The cardboard and clays will still break easily.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that rifle stage was the most confusion ever since I been attending but I have to agree it was a hoot. And as always a pleasure socializing and shooting with all you cats

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry for the confusion Skippy. I thought that with the diagram laid out for the SO's that just stapling up the targets would be a cinch and following the scenario as it was laid out would be simple. I guess they didn't consult it or lost it and played it another way.

One reason we didn't staple the targets ahead of time was in case the side match was cancelled and then those targets would then have to be pulled down. Easier to put them up than to take them down.

I'm sure the number of folks there to shoot it and the number of targets to paste and the heat probably threw a monkey wrench into the situation. I'll look to correct that next month. Thanks for the honest feedback. That's how we improve. Glad you still had a good time. It is fun getting together with folks with similar interests and shooting the breeze along with some targets.

Skippy02

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No apologies necessary Hipower, I'm not sure of the diagram, I never saw it. But it was just a matter of so many of us simultaneously trying to decipher and determine order of targets, round counts, load outs and scoring that some of the explanation/walk through got lost in the chatter and goings on. But it was a sweet scenario once the course of fire was determined with varying lengths of targets and multiple shooting positions.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    we need another shotgun match! also...we haven't stabbed anything in a long time.....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I can't believe it's almost a month for the next one. AHHH!
    I guess the upside is that it's plenty of time to get a new gun.

Top Bottom