• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really, really hate selling things and I'm sure it shows because I suck at it so very badly. I'm proposing a new way for people like me to get their items sold without having to deal with people. We find one person to sell our stuff and pay him a flat fee or a percentage of the sell price. I guess this is called consignment? (Please don't correct me, what it's called isn't important.) What does everyone think and who do you think would be interested? My first thought is Phillip Parker (I hope that's his name) he can sell a gun to a liberal. What does everyone else think?

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha! You may be right??? I really don't know how that would work. Crap, already got complicated.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I sell guns for friends all the time on Gunbroker, as long as they are reasonable about the price they are willing to start the bidding. As a good Liberal, I do it for free for friends and forum members. You might want to check completed auctions, that have sold, for market pricing.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need to bring you some things to sell! I wouldn't ​mind starting at $0.00 with no minimum, I think that's the best way to do it and the item definitely sells!
    I'd certainly pay you and the liberal comment wasn't meant to be negative and I meant it with respect! It's​ just that most liberals don't like guns. Foot/mouth.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That is the best way to sell, time wise. Let the market do it's work, and get your money. Come see me. If you already have good images, put them on a flash drive for me to download.

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is the best way to sell, time wise. Let the market do it's work, and get your money. Come see me. If you already have good images, put them on a flash drive for me to download.

Perfect. I have several that I'd like to sell and starting at $0 with no reserve should make it easier for you.
    Thank you!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good quality photos can make all the difference in the world. The biggest thing to remember is to make sure the object is very well lit (obliquely) and contrasts with the background.

Describe the item thoroughly, but concisely.

Price it reasonably if you want to sell it quickly.

If the item is rare or specialized, Gunbroker or a forum that's centered around the particular item/genre may be best.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If the item is rare or specialized, Gunbroker or a forum that's centered around the particular item/genre may be best.

This is very true. Specialized items sell better to target markets. I sometimes put a gun like this for sale on this forum, for a few days, in case there is a collector of that type gun here. If it doesn't sell, then off to a specific forum or GB.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is very true. Specialized items sell better to target markets. I sometimes put a gun like this for sale on this forum, for a few days, in case there is a collector of that type gun here. If it doesn't sell, then off to a specific forum or GB.

I've done the same. I'll list an Open or Limited gun here and Armslist, just in case someone locally is looking for one, but I know that chances are it will sell on Enos, uspsa.org, or ARFCOM.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I appreciate the comment steve. I am the person (Philip Parker) you are speaking of but I don't know about selling to liberals... LOL In my humble opinion the key to selling anything, especially firearms related stuff, is to be as informative as possible in the post. There should not be any surprises when you meet up face to face and the descriptions and photos should tell the story of what your selling precisely. I try to spell out all of the upgrades, add-ons and condition of everything I am offering and take the best possible pictures I can. To be honest I trade quite a bit as well, even when I would rather get cash, I just cant avoid getting sucked into a good trade. I have noticed lately that it does seem to be harder to sell things in the last few months. Firearms seem to have dropped in price and there doesn't seem to as much interest lately. It might just be me but the market definitely seems a lot tougher since the post-election.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I actually enjoy dealing with people and buying and selling...no charge to any friend to sell their stuff. Heck I am retired and enjoy the interaction with folks especially those on a forum or gunbroker.. Armslist and craigslist are having too many scams.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I like selling stuff, but I think of it more as a social activity/charity. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom