• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well they say it has increased to 4.8 mm per year and if true that is a a fraction of an inch that is 25.4 mm. With time it can be important, but I will be dead before it is for sure.
    Science 20 Nov 2020:
    Vol. 370, Issue 6519, pp. 901
    DOI: 10.1126/science.370.6519.901

1605893693303.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    This info, if true, may start a panic buy on life vests.....in about 500 years from now.
    Thats a little under 8ft in 500 years unless we build more dams or it gets colder.
    Better get started today!

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    4.8 mm or .188" of an inch per year. Pretty sure I can still run uphill faster than that.

What if we all just drink .188" more every day?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My issue is what the democrats are proposing to do about it. They want to institute extremely expensive and often unproven technology that will only give a bigger advantage to China and others that will not follow such 'green' proposals.
    The government and the tax payers will be footing that bill and turning what had been a good economy for the last 4 years into one that is not.

Yes something or I should say a lot needs to be done, but we have a little time to do so in the smartest manner. Letting politicians throw trillions of dollar to their donors is not the way to do it. The USA has already under the clean air act spent billions to clean up emissions.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, no more boats in the water, that "displacement" just makes things worse! Lol

How about we dredge the oceans along the shoreline! A whole lot of the Gulf could use 30 foot sand dunes and wider beaches in most areas. We could fill in those ugly stripmines too. Thats how China built up a couple sandbars into fullblown military bases with an airfield. We got the energy resources, Frack baby, Frack.

That's what, 4.2B gallons a year? The U.S drinks more beer (6.3B gallons) every year and thats recycled! Lol

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Easily understood with a graph. Right? See where we're coming from Can you blame me? The last ice peak was like 40,000 years back. There will be another ice age in just a few short 40,000 to 50,000 years.

Euan-study.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Easily understood with a graph. Right? See where we're coming from Can you blame me? The last ice peak was like 40,000 years back. There will be another ice age in just a few short 40,000 to 50,000 years.

View attachment 98189
    I am not sure if the map shows it since I am having a problem reading the fine detail of the time line. The last ice age was in the middle ages.
    The Little Ice Age is a period between about 1300 and 1870 during which Europe and North America were subjected to much colder winters than during the 20th century. The period can be divided in two phases, the first beginning around 1300 and continuing until the late 1400s.

Top Bottom