• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I see the Fort Walton Beach gun show is scheduled for Nov 21-22, has anyone had any luck buying ammo from there. Was considered going to see if any was available.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Last couple I went to, ammo was pretty scarce and sold out within a short period of time on the first day. Same with reloading supplies. However, that was the Pensacola and Milton gun shows, not sure about the FWB one. Good luck!

COOLEEO

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Last FWB show there were several tables with plenty of ammo but prices were insane, like $1 a round for 9mm!

Buy it you have to.......I guess

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Isn't it the same vendors? Do they restock in-between or do they ration ammo to have enough at all the shows? I really want to go to the pensacola show this weekend but I'm afraid it's going to be too jam packed for me.

SHANEGCEC

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    About a year ago I picked up 1k each .223, 124gr 9mm and 45acp from the ga arms booth in FWB. 45 was fine. Threw away at least 50 of the 9mm because the bullet was pushed into the case too far. 223 had a few duds and I had 2 where the rim pulled off and the casing stayed in the chamber. Came dangerously close to ruining an Israeli galil kit build. Just my experience.I see them at every show. Buyer beware.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    About a year ago I picked up 1k each .223, 124gr 9mm and 45acp from the ga arms booth in FWB. 45 was fine. Threw away at least 50 of the 9mm because the bullet was pushed into the case too far. 223 had a few duds and I had 2 where the rim pulled off and the casing stayed in the chamber. Came dangerously close to ruining an Israeli galil kit build. Just my experience.I see them at every show. Buyer beware.
    In the past new ammo online was the same price. If reloads are cheaper I can understand some faulty rounds but when it's the same as new. Hard to pass up factory brass.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Purchased from them at the Panama City Gun Show a few years back.

I had a few 44 Magnum rounds from them with issues. Some seated too deep like you did, one round wouldn't chamber at all, it had a kink in the shell below the projectile.

No issues with the 380 and 9mm from them, but the 44 magnum rounds made me leary......

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    This is the first time I’ve heard anything bad about them.
    Aren’t there 2 with similar names like Georgia Arms and North Georgia Arms or something?

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've run georgia arms in a lot of different calibers
    Purchased from them at the Panama City Gun Show a few years back.

I had a few 44 Magnum rounds from them with issues. Some seated too deep like you did, one round wouldn't chamber at all, it had a kink in the shell below the projectile.

No issues with the 380 and 9mm from them, but the 44 magnum rounds made me leary......
    Were you guys having issues with their remanufactured or their new ammo?

I've used georgia arms in quite a few different calibers and had no more issues than any of the "big" brands and less than say fiochi or s&b.( trust me I'm a fan of both those just due to cost but 357 sig in fiochi good god. )

AR-AK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I had an issue with Georgia Arms .45 caliber reloads. They said they were aware of the problem. They said they used some bad primers, and if I brought what I had back, they would exchange with a whole new box or return my money. After the exchange I never had another problem.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've run georgia arms in a lot of different calibers

Were you guys having issues with their remanufactured or their new ammo?

I've used georgia arms in quite a few different calibers and had no more issues than any of the "big" brands and less than say fiochi or s&b.( trust me I'm a fan of both those just due to cost but 357 sig in fiochi good god. )

In my case it was their remanufactured ammo, and it was the 44 Magnum rounds I had issues with. Up to 2018 when I last bought ammo from them, I hadn't had any issues with the 9mm and 380 remanufactured ammo.

I just learned to inspect all the ammo before a range trip, just in case.....

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's the price point on firearms at the show? I'm looking for a used 22lr so my boys can come plink with me. Is it worth the price of admission or would I find a better deal watching the forum?

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    In my case it was their remanufactured ammo, and it was the 44 Magnum rounds I had issues with. Up to 2018 when I last bought ammo from them, I hadn't had any issues with the 9mm and 380 remanufactured ammo.

I just learned to inspect all the ammo before a range trip, just in case.....
    I'm not sure if I ran of their reman 44 mag. They used to have a huge presence at the sc gun shows when I lived up there. Few years back l

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    What's the price point on firearms at the show? I'm looking for a used 22lr so my boys can come plink with me. Is it worth the price of admission or would I find a better deal watching the forum?
    Ehhhh

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure if I ran of their reman 44 mag. They used to have a huge presence at the sc gun shows when I lived up there. Few years back l

Don't get me wrong, the ammo price is or was great, and we use to buy a lot of it from them for target practice. It was great for what we used it for, if I had to throw a round or two away, it wasn't like I was throwing away several dollars per round.

Would I pass them by as an ammo source? No, just inspect your ammo.

As an added note, I have had factory new ammo with issues. So it's just a roll of the dice.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Don't get me wrong, the ammo price is or was great, and we use to buy a lot of it from them for target practice. It was great for what we used it for, if I had to throw a round or two away, it wasn't like I was throwing away several dollars per round.

Would I pass them by as an ammo source? No, just inspect your ammo.

As an added note, I have had factory new ammo with issues. So it's just a roll of the dice.
    Lol hence my joke about fiochi 357 sig. Man that one round I didn't noticed seated a bit deep. I checked the rest of the mag and the box after and wound up having a bud of mine pull em and rebuild em

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Chances are slim finding a bargain at a table, especially nowadays. Might find a deal from someone walking around tho.
    I just checked their flyer and they’ve gone up to $10 on admission. I highly recommend you (and everybody else) don’t go.
    I had thought about going but I’m done with ‘em. Their greed is shining thru.

Top Bottom