• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just fall in line behind me and I will gladly pay your admission. --- SAWMAN

It’s not the money, it’s the principle. That’s also why I quit hunting in Alabama, they just kept inching up. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
    I very rarely find anything at that show anyway.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I understand the Ala hunting thing. Hopefully Fla charges the Ala boys the same as they charge us.
    This year I will buy a 3 day to hunt with a friend out of Union Springs. Possibly a small game to hunt hogs. But even that is super restrictive.
    STILL EXPENSIVE !! --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I understand the Ala hunting thing. Hopefully Fla charges the Ala boys the same as they charge us.
    This year I will buy a 3 day to hunt with a friend out of Union Springs. Possibly a small game to hunt hogs. But even that is super restrictive.
    STILL EXPENSIVE !! --- SAWMAN

An Alabama non-resident license was $50 when I started hunting there in about 1989.
    For a while Florida had an agreement with Alabama then that went away so it started creeping up.
    I think it’s something like $325 this year. It goes up $15 or $25 every year. Where does it stop?
    For me, it stopped this year.
    I honestly don’t care if I kill anything or not. I’ve done all that. I just like getting out in the woods and walking around and since I turned 65 this year, I can do that free in Florida.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Alabama non-resident license was $50 when I started hunting there in about 1989.
    For a while Florida had an agreement with Alabama then that went away so it started creeping up.
    I think it’s something like $325 this year. It goes up $15 or $25 every year. Where does it stop?
    For me, it stopped this year.
    I honestly don’t care if I kill anything or not. I’ve done all that. I just like getting out in the woods and walking around and since I turned 65 this year, I can do that free in Florida.

Wondering how it would work with a Disabled Veteran? Florida gives me a free hunting and fishing license good for 5 years at time.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Remember when we would walk by the Georgia Arms tables and look at those $30.00 per thousand Winchester primers and think how high they were?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Wondering how it would work with a Disabled Veteran? Florida gives me a free hunting and fishing license good for 5 years at time.

No idea but Alabama doesn’t give me a free license because I’m 65. I suspect the benefits are in state of residence only but might be worth checking into.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yep, still kicking myself for not buying a "lifetime" one when they were $125....

Yep, hindsight is 20/20.
    My grandson is 4.
    Either last Christmas or Christmas before, Florida had a 25% off sale on lifetime licenses for kids under 12.
    I bought him a Sportsman’s Gold license for $300. It covers all hunting and fishing licenses and permits except the federal duck stamp.
    I think that will be pretty cool for him to be hunting and fishing free his entire life because Pa had some foresight back in 2018.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What's the price point on firearms at the show? I'm looking for a used 22lr so my boys can come plink with me. Is it worth the price of admission or would I find a better deal watching the forum?
    I consider it a cash "donation"! Just like to recon to keep up with "things"! There doesn't seem to be many "deals" lately as everyone SEEMS to want to make a KILLING!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, hindsight is 20/20.
    My grandson is 4.
    Either last Christmas or Christmas before, Florida had a 25% off sale on lifetime licenses for kids under 12.
    I bought him a Sportsman’s Gold license for $300. It covers all hunting and fishing licenses and permits except the federal duck stamp.
    I think that will be pretty cool for him to be hunting and fishing free his entire life because Pa had some foresight back in 2018.

I just bought a life time Georgia license for my grandson , he turns 2 in a couple of days. Next year I’ll buy his Florida life time license . You have till age four to get the Florida license . A tip for those that don’t know , a Georgia life time license for a none resident is only $500 before age two . That is the only chance to buy a life time license for a non resident unless a grand parent that’s a Georgia resident and life time license holder buys it for them.
    I sure hope he’s a hunter and fisherman, his Father and both his grandfathers are , so I think it’s likely he will be.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don’t understand what you are saying - “you have until age 4 to get a Florida license.”
    Last time I looked, you could buy a lifetime license anytime (at different prices) or did things change?

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No ,you’re correct. I meant at the lowest price point. It goes up substantially after age four in Florida.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    No ,you’re correct. I meant at the lowest price point. It goes up substantially after age four in Florida.

I quit hunting in Alabama this year because of their greed. $325 to hunt 40 miles from my house is ridiculous and it will keep going up as long as people will pay it.
    I like the “free for 65 and over” in Florida that I just became eligible for.

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I’ll do some research and see if I can get a life time license for him Alabama . If I can I’ll get that one as well. If he turns out to be an outdoorsman, he should be pleased that his papa thought that far ahead .

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Pretty sure only residents can get those.
    I’ve known people that own houses and land up there but are residents of Florida so they have to buy the expensive non-resident licenses.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn, I just look at the regulations and I’m confused as hell . His grand mother is a full time Alabama resident So I think if he spends a summer with her ( 90 or more days) then he could possibly qualify for a lifetime license. But I’m not sure which one to buy even if he does qualify.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    If you can pull it off, I would be worthwhile if he turns out to be a hunter.
    How much are they?

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Gun Show: Same folks - same promoter. My visit in Pensacola last weekend: Went aorund 11am on Sat - it was PACKED! Norht GA-Reload was not there. VERY sparse selections of ammo and what was there was very $$$$ == One vendor had a decent seleciton of hunting rounds but overpriced == 9mm target / no-name was $45 for 50 round box. $55 for name brand target. Defense 9mm HP's were $49 for 20 // only one guy I saw selling 223/556 at $1.00 round. Here is what surprised the crap out of me: One box of Winchester 22LR "333" box was $90 bucks! 1000 count primers (sm pistol / lg pistol / Shot-shell / large rifle) = only one vendor had them and only 2 boxes of each = $125.00 per box! 12.5 cents each!
    Hopefully this gets better soon.......

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom