• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This morning, a seller asked me if I wanted to look at what I was buying. I told him no, I said "I'll take it". A commitment is a commitment to me. I did know the seller's reputation, and sure enough, once home and inspected, item is better than described.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    "Ill take it", I'm obligated to buy and negotiate the meeting time and place only.
    "I'll take it pending inspection", I'm obligated to agree to a meet, and make sure its in the reported condition. If it is, then I am abligated to buy.
    "I'll take a look at it, I'm not obligated to buy, just look.
    If I buy it, its because I want it and price may not matter so much.
    If I offer less than the listed price, thats what it worth the me and you can say yes or no, but dont get mad.
    I always try to negotiate before meet, (Unless it's SAWMAN) then if its not in the represented condition, I walk, or negotiate with specific logical reason expressed to the seller.
    Doesnt matter if it was on PM, direct phone call or open forum.
    If the seller changes meet time and location more than 2 times for no good reason, I may not buy and consider him flakey and I'm not going to chase it.
    I agree with others that look at the number of posts and overall reputation.
    This is not an auction house. No backdoor stuff.
    Thats my experience and expectation on this forum.
    Now, everybody I cheated out of their firearm can chime in. But you cant have your money back!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I try to remember the "Do onto others" thing. If we all would simply treat others as we want to be treated,it would be a much better world. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This morning, a seller asked me if I wanted to look at what I was buying. I told him no, I said "I'll take it". A commitment is a commitment to me. I did know the seller's reputation, and sure enough, once home and inspected, item is better than described.

On the other side: a Member bought a AR with a EOTech, add included a ad for the EOTech to support his asking price. The optic was a FAKE.
    BUYER BEWARE.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Every deal I've had on this forum has been top notch except for one. I purchased a scope from a member that after the purchase he asked if I needed mounts, he then proceeded to grab a box full of new in the package mounts, then another bag of new in package gun parts. Pretty sure I bought a stolen scope, I refused the scopes mounts and left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

substratum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was selling a decent project gun on another forum and received a public, "I'm Interested.. PM me" comment, which was followed moments later by an unequivocal and public, "I'll Take It at that price" offer from another forum member. I had posted multiple pics of the item, a detailed narrative/description, and stated, "$150 FIRM". From my perspective, one response was an offer, and the other was just an inquiry. I contacted "I'll Take It" guy, first, because he was straight forward, and his message contained all the elements of a deal. Once talking to I'll Take It guy and setting up a meet, I immediately posted "SPF," and sent I'm Interested guy a PM saying it was sold. This all transpired in <30 minutes from the moment I first posted the item.

I'm Interested guy was miffed about it, because he thought it would be a perfect project for he and his son, had the cash in hand, etc. My simple response was, "You should have said that, because 'I'm interested - PM me,' didn't communicate your intent." He got over it, and the moral to the story is, say what you mean, and render explicit your intentions, or run the risk of being misunderstood.

Same goes for sellers - say what you mean, and mean what you say. If there are multiple offers, have the courtesy of queuing people up in a rank order based upon their firm, "I'll take it," responses. If you assign a price to the item, advertise it at that price, and someone offers a price that you accept, you are a complete and total jerk for even entertaining a better offer in the process after that point, even if it means you are going to put fewer dollars in your pocket. "I got a better offer after I accepted your offer," is jackassness, and a reflection of a man's character, IMHO.
    "But let your yes be yes, and your no be no..." Matthew 5:7 The Golden Rule applies here, too.

I suppose I disagree to some degree with Jerry on what obligates one to make the purchase, in that I believe every buyer technically has the right to not purchase the item if at the appointed transaction time, things are not as represented (like the EOTech e.g.). All of these things have to pass the "Reasonable Man Test," IMHO, because some transactions get nixed over unreasonable expectations.

Last edited:

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    SUBSTRATUM -I believe every buyer technically has the right to not purchase the item if at the appointed transaction time, things are not as represented (like the EOTech e.g.). All of these things have to pass the "Reasonable Man Test," IMHO, because some transactions get nixed over unreasonable expectations.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Its hard to describe every angle of a transaction, especially when the commitment usually does not occur face to face with no opportunity to inspect until the meet. Youre just talking someones word/description of the item.
    So, I do agree with you that you dont have to buy if an item has been misrepresented in any way.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why our feedback ratings need to be more public, similar to other sites. Your feedback or rating should be listed along side your avatar and location. That way we don't have to hunt around for it. And if the OK has had an issue with a particular buyer or seller he should call out said person!!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the idea of a reputation shortcut link on member profile but that would be thousands of shortcuts and some folks don't bother to post them properly. If folks want to know buyer/seller reviews they needs to put in a little time with the instructions and search for the members screen name. Simple due diligence before you commit to a deal.

I also think that as you spend more time on the Forum you also get a feel for the character of people you communicate with or just read their posts. There are many here that I would not bother to read their reviews and this includes some I've had heated debate with but I still respect their personal integrity.

Top Bottom