• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I killed one the day after I got my first pellet gun when I was probably 8 yo or so. Went home and bragged to my grandma. That was the day I was taught "you kill it, you eat it". Retrieved it from the woods and she made an awesome stew. Reason I don't hunt is I don't eat much red meat and I don't have any buddies that hunt. Not going to go by myself and try to learn on the fly and I'm not going to waste the meat or destroy it trying to teach myself how to clean a carcass. I have no problem with hunting of course, I'm just smart enough to know that I don't know something.

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first hog I ever killed was with a 50 cal muzzle gun with iron sights. At 60 yards I put the sights on the sweet spot of the boar and pulled the trigger. After the smoke, cleared, no hog where I had just shot. Reloaded the gun in the shooting house and went out to look for sign. No blood in the food plot, not much to follow. While I was looking for sign, the sow came back out at about 20 yards. I could have capped her too, but I had left all my possibles in the shooting house figuring I was just hunting a wounded boar. The sow got a free ticket that day. I still had trouble finding any sign of the boar that I had shot at, and as about I was getting ready to give up, I decided to squat at ground level. Then I saw him. He had made it at least another 60 yards from where I originally shot, but I knew he was the same one because I haven't seen another wild hog with this coloration ever since.

1st hog.jpg

Attachments

• 1st hog.jpg
      1st hog.jpg
      280.4 KB · Views: 111
    Top Bottom