• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hats the going rate for .22 LR down there? Is it on the shelf regularly?

I picked up a 1400 round bucket here for $71.99 out the door. That's right at 5 cents per round. I didn't think I'd ever see it that low again...

It's the Remington Golden Bullet - but it will shoot fine in most everything I own.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been buying at Sporting Good store ,with a 2 box per customer limit,,,There not on every shelf like several years ago,,. Some times ordering is the best value, But the price is like Gasoline it goes up and down,
    Last Christmas the son an I picked up 3000 rds of Lr Winchester for 104.89,, we both almost started dancing in the store, So we headed for the car and put in the trunk before our cheer became a return..... What is the average price of 30-06 and 300 win mag up that way ?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It depends upon the brand and bullet. The .35 Whelen in use (Hornady 200gr Superformance) runs $29-32 per box. .308/7.62x51 FMJ NATO stuff is as low as 12.99 per box. Of course, no sales tax in Anchorage.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The only stuff I can get from distributors with any sort of reliability is the Gemtech subsonic. My price keeps going up every order since they've started charging actual shipping. Last order it was $60 a case. My last order also took 18 months to get.

I've not seen anything on local shelves. The subsonic is higher in price than what I'd like for plinking but it runs in all my guns, is accurate and it's quiet with my can.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    22 ammo manufacture's may be causing this problem to drive up the price :hippie: :angel: still can remember getting it before our current president got into office for $9.99 for the 550 & 525 rounds boxes :hippie:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was told by a clerk in the Crestview Walmart that what they get sells out within the first 30 minutes when they get it in and put it out at 8:00am. I've been paying $19.99+tax for 325 round box of Federal AutoMatch in Andalusia,Al. at a small store Fletchers and haven't seen any on the shelf's at the Walmart there either

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Couple of different blogs mentioned around SHOT show that the manufacturers finally decided to increase manufacturing capacity. Think it was aguila and CCI. Can't blame them for waiting. It would suck to buy all the gear and get it setup just in time to see demand plummet. Just before the scare I paid $14 something a box for that fed auto match. At the time I felt like I was paying more than I should have. Only because the 555 box of Winchester was cheaper.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    About a month ago I stopped in a local Walmart before work and they had Federal Auto Match (325) on the shelves for $16.99 so I bought my 3 box limit.
    Stopped by the next morning and they still had 6 or 8 boxes so I got 3 more.
    That's the last I've seen.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen it in Bass Pro but not Wal Mart...though I have a Mon-Fri job early till late so I don't go to Wal Mart in the am where I have heard it is sometimes available. I have ordered a little online from Midway and the price was $32 or so but shipping was high. I have enough for awhile but i definitely don't shoot as much 22 as I use to

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Part of the reason you never see it is certain Local Gun Shops
    (probably can't mention the name, but they have 4 local locations)
    have the app for ammo, so they know when it gets delivered to Walmart...
    and usually have someone, or a couple someone's waiting in Sports when they
    bring the pallet out to put it on the shelves...
    This usually happens at the buttcrack of dawn.

How that was found out was being present when the pallet came out...
    I bought the 3 box max & so did he & his buddy, which finished off that order.
    Since I recognized him, asked if they had any XXXXX's in, he wasn't sure...
    so trekked downtown after breakfast to see if they had some fun guns...
    walked in right at opening time, and he was pricing the Federal Champion value packs
    that we had just paid $14.98, at $45 each...

Quick walkthru the next gun show, quite a few "Ammo Dealers" had done the same...

Screw 'em. Those jokers will never see a dime from me.
    I'd rather reload .22lr's one at a time than EVER buy ammo, or anything else, from price-gougers.

So if you see someone selling ammo for triple the Walmart Cost,
    they're basically trying to screw everyone...do everyone a favor and never buy ammo from them.
    If they have to sit on it for a year or three, it'll teach 'em a lesson.
    Hopefully even the stupid will learn better and they'll be stuck with the same ammo for a decade or more!

If, by chance, they have that one special gun you've been looking for a decade for...
    haggle hard with 'em...drive 'em down mercilessly...make 'em feel like they've been 9 rounds with Mr. T ;)
    Do it with a smile, or at least an evil grin ;)

Did hit up some Wally World .22Magnum two weeks ago...
    that's a start, at least :D

Last edited:

Hsif der

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not seen 22 ammo for sale at Walmart in many years. I have seen the buckets of Remington at BPS but can't recall the price.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not seen 22 ammo for sale at Walmart in many years. I have seen the buckets of Remington at BPS but can't recall the price.

what ever the A$$%&#@s that still go to Walmart at 7 am. ( that's what I called you, you know who you are) are willing to re-sell them at.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Today, PCB wally had 100 packs of cci stinger 22LR @ $9.89 on the shelf at 3PM. 6+ Pack sitting and I left them there at that price. They had CBs last week but this was the first time I've seen 22 LR there in years.

Top Bottom