• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's not to love.

The only thing I can come up with is they are not the best looking guns but my looks make up for my guns deficiencies. :smokin:

I do wish they would make a single stack 9mm. I have one within reach most of the time.

Never really understood why anyone would want to carry a 1911 that weights empty what a glock weighs loaded.

Last edited:

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have owned a pistol or two in the past few years and ALWAYS for some reason go back to my 23. You are communist if you have no appreciation for the 1911 though, I just wish the reliabity was there, and a little weight shaved but much more comfortable to carry and I love the feel . It really is the preverbial ford/Chevy debate of the gun world..

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hated Glocks for years. Tried shooting em when they first came out and couldn't hit the broad side of my ex-wife's ass. Met a guy at the gun range the other day and we got to talking and then went to shoot the guns. He let me shoot his gen 3 .40 cal (Glock 23?). Felt TONS better than 1st gen Glocks and I hit the bullseye. So I suppose they're pretty good guns.
    They're still ugly as a crack whore on a Saturday morning though!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hate em. May change my mind though if I could find one with "BADBASS" embossed on the slide. That would be BAD(B)ASS!!!

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hate them

We got one years ago (glock17) it would double feed and every now and then at the range when you opened up it would stove pipe so thought well maybe got a lemon so traded it off
    Then about a year ago picked up one (glock22)in a trade and guess what it was a miss loading piece of crap you could shoot count 1-2 then shoot again all went well but open it up every time 2-3 shots click give me mine 1911 or my revolver anyday anytime anywhere

Now I get a lot of flack over dogging the glunks but I would rather know I have 5 clear shots when needed I don't need a gun if or when I need it never knowing when it will jam or not cycle right

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Most likely people who complain about Glocks have put them together wrong or have never broken them down or don't like them in the first place and so always perceive they have issues. They are one of the most reliable weapons out there.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had been resisting the urge to buy a glock for a long time. I bought my first one about 6 months ago (Glock 17). I can honestly say that I just like it for the capacity and not having to reload at the range so much. Other than that, I think it's just like any other gun I have owned. It goes bang.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dont care what pistol I have as long as it functions..If I am gonna carry it it gets shot the bugs worked out and I use factory ammo. The video is nice but Ive owned glocks/1911's/taurus/springfields ect all make good guns. I never seem to keep a 1911 long but i always go back to it as its what I have shot all my life its a natural to me and yeah some do need some work out of the box and some don't. check youtube for glock failures and yah they happen!... THE ONLY guns I have never had a problem with is a revolver as far as feed problems ect LOL...I just aint into tactical tupperware, to me..if it aint steel it aint real LOLOL JMHO

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Revolvers have issues too. Erosion of forcing cone and wear (timing and lockup alignment) cause side lead spitting poor accuracy. Main spring (Coil) failure, Light firing pin strike, Timing can get so bad it can lock up the action. Ejector rods cant and bind empties under the star, Ejector rods unscrew and lock cylinder, Cylinder latches fall off, Bullets come fwd from cases and lock up cylinder (common with light revolvers and Brazer ammo), Primer flow locks cylinder, and many more issues.

Here is a failure with a new S&W "Performance Center" 686. Locks up solid.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...smith-wesson-performance-center-686-locks-up/

Lzhome

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It took some time for me to embrace a plastic gun,but glad I did. As a big fan of 1911s and revolvers, I'm of the belief that each have those own application. For pocket carru, Glock is out; however a light revolver in .38 is great. A 1911 has the best feel on the belt or inside waste band, but the weight can become an issue as several hours.
    So the solution is to have at least one of each. :caked:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    95% of the time I carry "commando" IWB (no holster). Too much bulk for the light clothing here in FL. The front edge of the cylinder on a revolver tends to dig in and is not comfortable. Same with front slide serrations and rail cuts on some pistols. Revolvers are just too thick for the limited firepower they provide, single stack 1911 fall into the same prob. If I could I would carry a G35 all the time but if does not fit the climate. So the norm is a G23 and sometimes down to a G27. Two full size service mags in res. IMHO they is the best mix of size, capacity, function personal confidence for my needs. I like wheel guns and my last buy was a 1911. I like them all but carry few.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should check out Dead Eye Luke's "P-chip" IWB holsters... Called P-chip because they are about as thick as a potato chip. Weighs less than an ounce as well. They are the only IWB holster I use for CCWs now. He's usually at the Pensacola, FWB, and PC gun shows.

www.deadeyeluke.com

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You should check out Dead Eye Luke's "P-chip" IWB holsters... Called P-chip because they are about as thick as a potato chip. Weighs less than an ounce as well. They are the only IWB holster I use for CCWs now. He's usually at the Pensacola, FWB, and PC gun shows.

www.deadeyeluke.com

Thanks for the info. Will take a closer look at the next show.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

www.deadeyeluke.com

Here is a Kydex holster for a Diamondback DB9 that Mark (Deadeye Luke) made for me two years ago. I liked it so much I went back the next year and had him make me one for my Glock 27, which is now my standard carry weapon. These holsters add almost no weight or bulk to the gun, and I wear nothing but shorts and t-shirts all year long. I carry IWB, right side, 4:00 O'clock position.

The last photo makes it look fat, but it's not. These photos were taken very close up with an IPhone 4, so it's just the camera angle.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
      IMG_0331.jpg
      213.6 KB · Views: 163
    • IMG_0338.jpg
      IMG_0338.jpg
      150.4 KB · Views: 163
    • IMG_0344.jpg
      IMG_0344.jpg
      171.7 KB · Views: 205

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still havent found a better holster than HR's crossbreed-esque holster for my 26.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been using a Dale Fricke Archangel appendix IWB for about two years now with my G17, 19 and 26. I'm a big fan of appendix carry and think its better than traditional IWB if you can do it.

archangel1.jpg

Dale Fricke Zacchaeus is also a winner for versatility. The design got wildly popular when Raven Concealment decided to borrow the design in their Vanguard series.

zach1.jpg

Attachments

• archangel1.jpg
      archangel1.jpg
      27.3 KB · Views: 137
    • zach1.jpg
      zach1.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 134
    Top Bottom