• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A lot of formal testing has been done on Glocks. Here is a private set of torture tests. I don't think the U.S. Gov test included a drop from a plane!
    Too bad they didn't run side by side testing with a few of the gun of the week sweethearts. And yes there were some failure. More or less failures then brand X is anybody's guess.

Start on this vid then select 2 of 30. If you have YouTube on autoplay it will play them all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f6LP54zecg&feature=plcp

Enjoy!
    WR

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I will have to admit I have never owned a Glock or shot a Glock. No real reason other than I have not had a need. I don't think I have ever had one in my hand.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My new-to-me G30 converted to 460 Rowland survived its first range session today (see my post on handgun projects). If it can handle 44 Magnum power -- it's good enough for me...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Uhhhhhhh.....It can't handle the 44Magnum power, unless it is at the very bottom end of the scale and with the light for caliber bullets. --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think I am middle of the road on them, I like them, but I tried to choose between 3 or 4 this weekend and could not decide Glock / S&W M&P / 1911 S&W thunder ranch model. They were all pretty sweet on paper and all felt great in hand. I really don't know which one I would choose?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uhhhhhhh.....It can't handle the 44Magnum power, unless it is at the very bottom end of the scale and with the light for caliber bullets. --- SAWMAN

185 gr bullet clocked at 1570 fps -- or 230gr bullet at 1400 fps. Compare that with what you would get out of a 4" (or less) 44 Magnum revolver -- and it is very similar. I'll take 10+1 (or 13+1) out of the G30 460 Rowland over 6 in a typical revolver...

185gr @ 1570 = 1012 ft/lbs

230gr @ 1400 = 1000 ft/lbs

Either way -- it is better than the puny 10mm Auto out of a G29... :smile:

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What I am finding is this:
    From a 44Magnum UNKNOWN bbl length. I would suspect the legnths are from 6 to 7.5 inches.

200gr @ 1606fps
    240gr @ 1582fps
    180gr @ 1870fps
    AND --- >355gr at 1247fps

Also I believe in the laws of deminishing returns. At 15yds how many can you put in COM,in what legnth of time, with the Rowland...ESPECIALLY a short bbled,full power Rowland ?? Can you put half as many as me with my Glock 19 or even(probably,maybe) my 32 ?? Got a $100 bill ?? --- SAWMAN

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the compensator -- follow-up shots aren't difficult. I'd be pleased to let you shoot it to see if you like it. Follow-up shots with the 5" XD Compact Tactical are a breeze -- granted, the G30 is a little more challenging.

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a Glock 21, I liked it but I shoot the XD 45 tactical and my 1911's better. I regret getting rid of it and would have kept it if I could have.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I did NOT like Glock when they first came out. Shot an early model 21 and did NOT like it. But over time, the dark forces bent my will....and now all the 1911's are gone and I have three Glocks in the safe.

I find the Glock is a capable, durable, modern pistol that is actually easier to teach others to shoot on. They are easy to maintain and the ones I have owned have all been accurate to middle of human and reliable with proper care, factory mags, and good ammo!

Floorguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have owned several g 17 got away from them when i got my sig 220 . Then got a g36 sold it then regreted it, now i have another g 36 and would not sell for anything.still like my sig 220. My first g 17 i was going for 1000 rounds without cleaning so i love glocks.

Top Bottom