• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is there a refinish that really holds up and not looks just as rough as before a year later, you know one that will stay looking new? My 19 has holster wear from the hard blackhawk holster I use. I hear Glock will do it but looks painted and will not hold up. Really would like to keep local but will ship.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FRANK . . DON'T DO IT !!
    All my Glocks have finish wear from the SERPA holsters. Even my 33 from my Galco.
    That gives them "character". A Glock is not one of them cutsie-wootsie Wilson Combat BBQ guns. A Glock SHOULD show wear. That tells people that they are being used as they were intended.
    Don't ruin that.
    Remember . . . the Sigs and Colts are something you show your friends. Glocks are something that you show your enemies. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well that is my dilemma too...I use my guns and don't have them for show so it does not bother me really...just thought if there was a semi permanent fix I would consider it.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Remember . . . the Sigs and Colts are something you show your friends. Glocks are something that you show your enemies. --- SAWMAN

I like that!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That origionally was not mine Murf . . . but it damn sure sounds good and makes sense.
    Also - - -> Glocks Tenefer process is imbeded in the metal,it cannot be worn off. In fact I have polished my Glock 33 bbl to a chrome type shine. Still . . . will not rust.
    I shine all my Glocks feed ramps and the underside of the bbl hood. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get rid of the garbage holster and don't worry about the finish.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I love it. I love the fact that I am content to carry my weapons in a garbage holster and not be mandated to carry them in one of the snake skin or alligator skin,$240.00 "trainer" holsters.
    I think jj has one out in his shop somewhere that he wears for special ocassions. He might allow me to borrow it to make a (the) statement. It most likely fits his EDC HighPoint. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve never been a fan of a Glock pistols looks , to me they are like a shovel. A tool to be use for specific purposes. That said I’ve carried one daily for more than 25 years and will most likely have one on or close to me till the end.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love it. I love the fact that I am content to carry my weapons in a garbage holster and not be mandated to carry them in one of the snake skin or alligator skin,$240.00 "trainer" holsters.
    I think jj has one out in his shop somewhere that he wears for special ocassions. He might allow me to borrow it to make a (the) statement. It most likely fits his EDC HighPoint. --- SAWMAN
    The dale frick holster I am using was not a 240 dollar trainer holster what ever that is.
    I have something similar to this. Not cheap, but quality seldom is.
    Archangel© Appendix Carry AIWB Holster $95.00
    AIWB
    DSCF1879a.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1879a.jpg
      DSCF1879a.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 194

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The belt attachment and the lock on the Serpa is pure garbage. There is a reason FLETC along with many ranges and shooting schools have banned their use. You don't need to spend $240 to get a decent holster that's not junk. But rock on with it, it does't hurt me a bit.

Guardian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you ever do want to “refinish” it let me know. We do tons of Glocks.

Scott
    -Guardian Custom Firearm Coating

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah but . . . Frank,your just not a "kewl doode". That is why you intentionally deprive yourself of the finer things in life. ---- SAWMAN

Guardian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly it depends on use. The coatings I use (Cerakote and KG Gunkote) are great for rust prevention and normal scratch and chemical resistance. As far as holster wear I would lean toward KG as a stronger product because I’ve seen Cerakote fail prematurely against kydex. Which isn’t always friendly to either.

If you’re on the fence, so to speak, then I would recommend against it. Only because there are no 100% guarantees. I guarantee my work, but I don’t know your use. Make sense?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes Sir, thank you for your honesty! If I refinish an older semi valuable gun does it ruin the value?? I know there are differing views on this but basically why I never did it to my 410 from way back Winchester MOD 20-410 ser.15103

Guardian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes Sir, thank you for your honesty! If I refinish an older semi valuable gun does it ruin the value?? I know there are differing views on this but basically why I never did it to my 410 from way back Winchester MOD 20-410 ser.15103

I tell everyone that has anything of significant worth that you will devalue it by coating it. One simple reason is we take off the original surface with mild blast media to create a bonding surface for the coating. Even re-blueing can devalue certain ones.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carried a G23 IWB daily that by the end of most days was Sweat/Salt exposed. Finish faded considerably but only had rust show up at the rear sight groove and pitting on stainless frame slide rails. Corrosion was my fault due to daily neglect, weekly maintenance was not enough in my new Fl environment. I'd say the standard Glock finish was outstanding, let it keep doing its job. Maybe Glock could refinish the Slide?

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom