• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    3:30 this mornng I finished it-man, what a read. I'm establishing a list of talking points for the first four chapters, please forward any prompts for the group or post here. As a father, I related to much of John's struggle, terrifying at times..... Great book, God-willing, it never comes true.

Clay

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been a part of a book club before so not sure how they are done. So we just come up with questions that pertain to the certain section that would spur discussion I assume?

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never been a part of a book club before so not sure how they are done. So we just come up with questions that pertain to the certain section that would spur discussion I assume?

Honestly neither have I.

Clay, I guess you need to set the guidelines since it was your idea and some of us are newbies to the book club thing.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No problem y'all, I'll design the questions and if there's something you want to discuss, either throw it out there or pm me and I'll facilitate a discussion on it.

The FIRST two...

What existing knowledge did you have regarding an EMP prior to reading the book?

Do you believe the book is an accurate portrayal of the state of readiness the USA maintains for an EMP?

I'll post two prompts( talking points) at a time or it gets confusing....-Gobble Gobble -Clay

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent layout Clay!

On chapter 6 now.

First thoughts on these questions:

What existing knowledge did you have regarding an EMP prior to reading the book?

I've read a few books before that dealt with EMP peripherally. I've also done some technical reading on the internet. I'm not a hard core prepper but I have explored the various scenarios and EMP comes up occasionally. I also have a couple of friends that are tech types and they have discussed it at length.

Do you believe the book is an accurate portrayal of the state of readiness the USA maintains for an EMP?

Probably fairly close to accurate IMO. I'd like to think the military is more prepared than portrayed here but I'm always optimistic about our military's capabilities, technologies and strategy. Most likely a good bit of Federal level infrastructure is hardened, at least somewhat. No doubt that down on a local level everything would be shut down.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh mannnn I thought the discussion was on the 26th?!? I better get to readin

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, thanks for participating, I'm looking forward to your perspective as we progress. Clay

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh mannnn I thought the discussion was on the 26th?!? I better get to readin

it is! I'm just putting it out there in plenty of time for people to respond. btw, I never thanked you for the updated pics in your profile, nothing like a heavily armed woman's crotch staring at ya....lol

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sean, thanks for participating, I'm looking forward to your perspective as we progress. Clay

Thank you Clay for thinking of the idea! I tend to spout off a lot on line and after the last election I've said all I am going to say about politics. :yuck: I need something like this.

I love to read and have interesting interchanges with like minded people.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it is! I'm just putting it out there in plenty of time for people to respond. btw, I never thanked you for the updated pics in your profile, nothing like a heavily armed woman's crotch staring at ya....lol

I can always switch it back to the dufflebag full of cottage cheese for ya?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished the book, probably going to have nightmares tonight. What a horrifying look at an event that we are seemingly so very unprepared for.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just finished the first 100 or so pages and its safe to say Im balls deep in this book. Great suggestion Clay this book is a real eye opener so far..

MsChief

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no clue how to start discussion. Start a new thread for each of the discussions/sections to avoid spoiling it for others or keep one ongoing thread? I'll let Clay decide :p

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Clay laid it out back on post #64. Format is gonna be he'll throw out a couple of questions at a time and everyone chime in. He's probably waiting until more people finish the book.

Top Bottom