• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kimbernut

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Are you referring to the killing off gulf beach highway? I remember it well because I knew a state trooper who frequented Dub Blum’s gas station across from the apartment where the killings took place. He told me he had never seen such handiwork with a knife!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    THUG on THUG. Great.
    Innocents . . ?? . . as in most cases,the " innocents" are simply the ones that do not have their own guns and get shot trying to run and hold their fuckin' britches up at the same time. I call 'em saggiN.
    Morgan was and is a shitty sheriff. Chip will be just as bad.
    Escambia County residents - - -> get your CWP . . get some training . . always carry . . learn to protect yourself and your family. ---- SAWMAN

Can't argue that logic, Morgan totally screwed up the Navy Gal killing.
    What they used to do was if a Navy person got hurt, much less killed,
    the entire neighborhood would get locked down, filled with cops,
    and NOBODY could do any "Biz" until the perp was narc'd out and arrested.
    Usually after a few days the druggies would out the perp so they could get their fix.
    Morgan, on the other hand, didn't do that.
    So its become an Unsolved Stain on Pensacola.

The only thing that has moderately given honor back to us has been
    how ECSO responded to the Saudi Shooter. Dang Fine Work!
    But I credit the Individual Officers that were Hard-Charging Studs
    instead of Morgan for that response.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems that the same people that want to disarm you are the same ones that don’t want to punish criminals that commit heinous crimes.

It's safer and more profitable to whack a generally law abiding citizen who commits a minor infraction, or random act of stupidity, than to go after a person/group that is focused/informed/funded/armed. All that didn't happen over night and totally out of sight. Someone saw/knew what was going on and chose to let it go.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah pretty soon Pcola is gonna end up libertard like the south Florida cities... Ain't it amazing that liberals run the cities where there is tons of violence and have strict gun laws!!! Just wait, it's coming to Pcola!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I "heard" . . . - -> Long after the shooting and the perp was dead,ECSD and PPD tried to keep the base locked down. The hundreds of families that lived in base housing was prevented even from coming and going out the back gate to carry on with their daily lives. (schools,shopping,etc,etc)
    Finally the base C.O. got pissed (tired of it) and sent a bunch od DOD police and Marines down to the gate and told the local cops to leave the area. They were not even allowed to come back through the base. They had to go up Blue Angle and around.
    I take it,if true,it went unreported. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I "heard" . . . - -> Long after the shooting and the perp was dead,ECSD and PPD tried to keep the base locked down. The hundreds of families that lived in base housing was prevented even from coming and going out the back gate to carry on with their daily lives. (schools,shopping,etc,etc)
    Finally the base C.O. got pissed (tired of it) and sent a bunch od DOD police and Marines down to the gate and told the local cops to leave the area. They were not even allowed to come back through the base. They had to go up Blue Angle and around.
    I take it,if true,it went unreported. ---- SAWMAN
    On a military base it not the local police that run things. The fact that the local sheriff department had to show up to save the day shows that something was drastically wrong. A major military base that has to call on the local PD to take down one killer that only has a handgun. Unarmed military personnel forced to interact with the gunman. If I was the SECNAV I would have court marshaled the commander for that. But likely the SECNAV was also guilty. It is bad enough that civilians are being made into sheep, but now it is base personnel.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many things trouble me , but the fact that men and women in the ARMED Forces are not allowed to carry firearms for personal defense is disturbing. Apparently they are trustworthy enough to carry out the daunting task of defending our country but can’t be trusted to defend themselves.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO . . . the local LEO' should be only on the FEDERAL RESERVATION to help round up the perps,save innocent lives,and fill in where the base authorities are lacking.
    BUT - -> the base authorities SHOULD NOT be left short of manpower and armament/firearms.
    When the local LEO's come on the/a FEDERAL RESERVATION it should be on the invitation of the C.O.
    And the LEO's should remain secondary to the base authorities . . taking their direction from them.
    The local LEO's should have training sessions WITH the base law enforcement.
    From what I have heard,from several sources,including two DOD police,the ECSO and PPD came charging on the base and kinda took over. They searched places and blockaded roads that made it hard for DOD police to do their job.
    These two agency's should be working together,training together,and resourcing together. If not . . ?? . . WHY ?? --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    To respond to a few comments above, most law enforcement agencies have mutual support agreements with other agencies in the area so they may support each other without having to get approvals when needed and slow response times.

In the period I was active, the Navy and Escambia County had an agreements that included ECSO coverage of certain types of incidents in family housing, and the Navy Hospital had one as well. I was the responding deputy in criminal, or possible criminal, cases on both NAS Lexington Terrace housing and the Navy Hospital while I was on the force.

From close to the event information, such agreed support was why the area was flooded with all possible LEOs in order to end the danger as quickly as possible.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To respond to a few comments above, most law enforcement agencies have mutual support agreements with other agencies in the area so they may support each other without having to get approvals when needed and slow response times.

In the period I was active, the Navy and Escambia County had an agreements that included ECSO coverage of certain types of incidents in family housing, and the Navy Hospital had one as well. I was the responding deputy in criminal, or possible criminal, cases on both NAS Lexington Terrace housing and the Navy Hospital while I was on the force.

From close to the event information, such agreed support was why the area was flooded with all possible LEOs in order to end the danger as quickly as possible.

What you say is true, but still a najor US military base that needs that kind of support is a sorry state of affairs. A hospital or other facility if it is off the base I can see or if it is a very tiny installation. The new military seems to be more training techies rather than fighting men/women.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is very common for military bases to have Base/Civilian Community Mutual Aid Agreements (MAA) for LE, Fire and Medical assets. That said, there has also been a shift from full military LE/Security to either a full or combination of Mil/Civil Service/Contract Security. Structural firefighting on Bases is normally all civilians while airfield Crash, Fire & Rescue can be a full Mil, full Civ or a mix of both. It's a matter of Control, manpower and funding which don't always create optimal capabilities of Force and Facility protection. I do Support a full military interior guard with a rapid response capability.

Gangster prone areas spread vermin, be prepared wherever you go.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What you say is true, but still a najor US military base that needs that kind of support is a sorry state of affairs. A hospital or other facility if it is off the base I can see or if it is a very tiny installation. The new military seems to be more training techies rather than fighting men/women.

I'll take the bait...

You summarily judge a military base because of the results of a cooperative arrangement with local law-enforcement in response to an active shooter event. A single event. And the entire base "is a sorry state of affairs", in your words.

Then, your final sentence about "the new military"...

You seem stuck in the notion that the only way to win a conflict is a bullet to the brainstem. Welcome to the 21st Century. "Techies" ARE "fighting men/women". More glass on our flightdecks and cockpits than aluminum. More satellites overhead at any given moment than fighters and bombers. More wires in your kit than 550-cord. More batteries than firearms.

Granted, we still need doorkickers and bullet-senders, and of course, I wish that Saudi POS was turned into a fine red mist by a vehicle-mounted belt-fed Freedom Maker manned by a 19-year-old MP. But the US military has a budget, and as previously mentioned, sometimes that requires partnerships and contractors, instead of dedicated active-duty troops, to get the job done.

The Saudi POS coward is dead, isn't it? Not soon enough, but that goat-rapist is dead.

Perhaps leave the condescending judgments for your political opponents...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take the bait...

You summarily judge a military base because of the results of a cooperative arrangement with local law-enforcement in response to an active shooter event. A single event. And the entire base "is a sorry state of affairs", in your words.

Then, your final sentence about "the new military"...

You seem stuck in the notion that the only way to win a conflict is a bullet to the brainstem. Welcome to the 21st Century. "Techies" ARE "fighting men/women". More glass on our flightdecks and cockpits than aluminum. More satellites overhead at any given moment than fighters and bombers. More wires in your kit than 550-cord. More batteries than firearms.

Granted, we still need doorkickers and bullet-senders, and of course, I wish that Saudi POS was turned into a fine red mist by a vehicle-mounted belt-fed Freedom Maker manned by a 19-year-old MP. But the US military has a budget, and as previously mentioned, sometimes that requires partnerships and contractors, instead of dedicated active-duty troops, to get the job done.

The Saudi POS coward is dead, isn't it? Not soon enough, but that goat-rapist is dead.

Perhaps leave the condescending judgments for your political opponents...

This is silly. I am not even going to answer other than say that yes we do need advanced technology, but that does not negate everything else.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    NO, I suspect it's just the disagreement from his view. I mean there is Nothing that is said on the forum that he doesn't have his input, as if it's the gospel. Sorry, but that's the way I see it. :tape2:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Mutual Aid aside, the PD office which governs NASP & Corry is about a minute from 633 by car. Usually around 15 cops of various ranks there at any given time. The front gate not only has the ones working the incoming traffic, but at least 5 other officers on hand as well. So that's 20 men right on top of it available within 2 minutes...not counting the ones on patrol on NASP itself...all within about 6 minutes by car from 633.

The other wildcard is the size of 633 itself...it is stinking huge. It's like having to search the Pensacola Civic Center that has been partitioned into a 3 story office building and the Grand Hotel next to it. So the more cops, the better...

That they found the guy as quickly as they did, with such a low body count should simply amaze everyone. Have to chalk that up to the kids who sacrificed themselves so that the other students could escape. Also that the Saudi evidently had pretty much zero CQB training and in all honestly, planned his attack very poorly. If he had done it in the Portside E-Club on a Fri/Sat it would have been far worse. Hundreds of kids with basically zero cover...

That being said, body count might have been even lower were E-6 & up allowed to carry personal sidearms. Heck, he probably wouldn't have done it on base at all.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A little after 9-11 some people I was shooting with at IDPA matches were claiming that base security at NAS was not that good. At the time I asked some recently retired navy and they said that was not so and that settled if for me. A few years later I spent some time working in bayou grande that included crossing the line unto the NAS side of the bayou with permission. Security did not seem that obvious, but we never landed. A coordinated terrorist attack from that side would like likely be difficult to counter as things were prior to this this recent incident. I suspect and hope there have been changes. A rapid response by deputies as already mentioned would have a hard time dealing with such a possible incident. Many of the navy personnel still have a warrior mindset, but a tiger without claws or teeth is not a very effective tiger. In another incident elsewhere how could a muslim nut case at IIRC it was fort hood kill so many.
    Turning a base into NPE makes it like our public schools full of unarmed targets waiting to be saved when a killer becomes an active shooter. At NAS the killer was not too efficient and the local response quelled it before too many had been killed. IIRC correctly some of the officers were also wounded. They are to commended for their response and Sheriff did give out awards for their service.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To be honest a lot of Federal Base Security are retired MAA/SP/MP just working at what is supposed to be an easy retirement job.
    Some do take it very seriously and train as they should...while others are ROD
    (Retired On Duty) just making time, like with any other PD/SO.
    Others are certainly, burnt out as bleep and as DILLIGAF as it gets.
    The NASP shooting likely woke up every ROD and made them start thinking real hard about their choices in life.

I'd also suspect a dang near every Base LEO got "Gun Religion" and have been hitting the ranges on the regular now...since even a training base can have the squishy hit the fan. Honestly hope that EVERY LEO in the area is now training more often with their firearms...it can only help.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom