• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Locally our gas comes from Goodway Refining and the plant over in Pascagoula. The terminal in Alabama is in Pelham.

Florida folks crawling all over our gas stations. Alabama should have shut the boarder to the carpet baggers

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I just checked the two stations closest to me. One has the pump nozzles bagged and the other has a long line of vehicles waiting to get in. I might have to dip into my stash if this lasts very long.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    It's worse than a hurricane on my way home. People parked in the road. People in the road waiting to turn in. Dangerous.

Pensacola terminal is shut down. I'm not sure if they can open in a hurry or if there is a leak that has to be cleaned up. I have a friend who cleans up spills and he is wide open. These types of bisnesness stay busy. Hope whatever they need to clean up gets done in a hurry.
    I read another article that Okaloosa doesn't even want to bring their gas to Santa Rosa that's short. Who knows what's gonna happen.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Locally our gas comes from Goodway Refining and the plant over in Pascagoula. The terminal in Alabama is in Pelham.

Florida folks crawling all over our gas stations. Alabama should have shut the boarder to the carpet baggers
    You shut off the gas and well shut off the penicillin supply to the redneck riveria... we may not be able to drive but at least our junk won’t be falling off....

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't you have to buy additive for the new diesel trucks? I forget what its called but my buddies truck drinks the stuff and if he doesn't put it in the truck can't go over 20mph. DEF or something...might want to factor that in to PPG before you pop on a new diesel but really good mileage so idk i haven't personally crunched the numbers

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Don't you have to buy additive for the new diesel trucks? I forget what its called but my buddies truck drinks the stuff and if he doesn't put it in the truck can't go over 20mph. DEF or something...might want to factor that in to PPG before you pop on a new diesel but really good mileage so idk i haven't personally crunched the numbers
    A diesel is cheaper as long as it doesn't need more than fuel and regular maintenance.
    New trucks do require the def, and that can be a mess when it breaks. Parts are on backorder everywhere. Trucks sitting for 2 months. Dealerships buying trucks back. Epa mandates stuff that is not reliable.

I have a pre def diesel and it can get 24mpg of I keep it under 70. Up to 75 I can get 22.
    Most of the new trucks will get 18-20 on the hwy.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Be prepared or be without. This is nothing but the new norm. I really hate to say that, but I am starting to believe it..
    Yep, I am taking care of me and mine, say what you want but I watch the news DAILY, and have been preparing for this for weeks, if you don’t have toilet paper, ammo, or gas that’s on you !

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My tractor was made in the 90's and likely will fine with any diesel.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Yep, I am taking care of me and mine, say what you want but I watch the news DAILY, and have been preparing for this for weeks, if you don’t have toilet paper, ammo, or gas that’s on you !
    Same here but I burn 30 gallons of diesel a week. Sometimes more. I only have so many 5 gallon cans I can fill up before they are empty. Sitting in a long line sucks, bit if there isn't any, I can't replenish. I don't have a tank in my yard.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

After Katrina, motorists from Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama hit NW Florida with utility trailers, etc., with dozens of 5 gallon containers each. We shared, but it got real hairy in some areas. I reckon it all equals out in the long run.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just checked the two stations closest to me. One has the pump nozzles bagged and the other has a long line of vehicles waiting to get in. I might have to dip into my stash if this lasts very long.
    I have wondered when they bag the pumps, how much gas do they still have in the ground that they bought at the old last weeks price, and are they saving it for the new next weeks price?

A station on W St., in Pensacola went to near $4.00 per gallon today until news media showed up, and they backed down. Since a natural disaster hasn't been declared, it's not illegal to jack up the prices.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have wondered when they bag the pumps, how much gas do they still have in the ground that they bought at the old last weeks price, and are they saving it for the new next weeks price?

A station on W St., in Pensacola went to near $4.00 per gallon today until news media showed up, and they backed down. Since a natural disaster hasn't been declared, it's not illegal to jack up the prices.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    A diesel is cheaper as long as it doesn't need more than fuel and regular maintenance.
    New trucks do require the def, and that can be a mess when it breaks. Parts are on backorder everywhere. Trucks sitting for 2 months. Dealerships buying trucks back. Epa mandates stuff that is not reliable.

I have a pre def diesel and it can get 24mpg of I keep it under 70. Up to 75 I can get 22.
    Most of the new trucks will get 18-20 on the hwy.
    What truck?? Make, model

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Where can one get that type of fuel in small quantities. I wonder if I can burn No 2 heating fuel oil in that machine.
    I've never bought it....(don't need a fine from dot)
    I believe the circle k at bagdad used to have it on a pump. Can't recall where I've seen it in pensacola area before. Fee places over in Alabama. It's labeled off-road at the pump.

Top Bottom