Patriot Mobile

Free guns, ammo, rifle accesories, and whatever!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I gots me an idea... Why not give something away every month around here. Somthing nice too? I say if everyone paypals $1.25 to a forum based account, we donate .25 to the expense account, or operating account of the forum and then the $1 goes to a prize of some sort... Like a gun raffle, or ammo, optics, ar upgrades or whatever??? What do you guys think. Should be easy enough for one of you computer fellas to come up with a computer generated way to pick a winner. It would bring in members and we all love some competition. I like it, plus it will help keep the bills payed around here to the web gods..... Longlive the site!!

Ohh yeah you gotta pay to play!!! What you guys think???

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only problem I see with this is the Paypal part. They will close the account and keep the funds if they catch wind that it is in any way firearm related.

Sounds like a fun idea to me though, would just need to work out a method of collecting funds.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It would be very cool if we could get it worked out. I'm pretty confident someone will devise a plan... Their would need to be a couple of topics added just for winners and trash talkers...

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be very cool if we could get it worked out. I'm pretty confident someone will devise a plan... Their would need to be a couple of topics added just for winners and trash talkers...

I like the idea of the Winners and Trash Talkers......

This months trash talker prize goes to xXXXXXx and he receives a pink camo hat!!!!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the idea of the Winners and Trash Talkers......

This months trash talker prize goes to xXXXXXx and he receives a pink camo hat!!!!

Yea so I dont need any pink hats and pretty sure i will be a strong runner in the shit talking competition? But maybe som tampons??

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only problem I see with this is the Paypal part. They will close the account and keep the funds if they catch wind that it is in any way firearm related.

Sounds like a fun idea to me though, would just need to work out a method of collecting funds.

How could Paypal ever know that the funds were going to something firearms related??

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How could Paypal ever know that the funds were going to something firearms related??

There was a local gun forum that did a raffle a couple of years back, someone mentioned guns with the payment and it was shut down, and the money was held by paypal. I don't think anyone would do that intentionally, but it is just risky since it is against paypal's terms of service.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMHO this seems to be a great idea. I am not a pooter GURU but from what I have hear'ed I suggest that the forum leave PayPal out of the equation. They can get really tough at times.

I am all for generating money for the forum to operate on as long as it don't make anybody rich. ALSO......a real plus for the rest of youz guyz...I have never won anything in my entire life.

Remember also....we can't do anything with firearms unless we get a FFL involved. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO this seems to be a great idea. I am not a pooter GURU but from what I have hear'ed I suggest that the forum leave PayPal out of the equation. They can get really tough at times.

I am all for generating money for the forum to operate on as long as it don't make anybody rich. ALSO......a real plus for the rest of youz guyz...I have never won anything in my entire life.

Remember also....we can't do anything with firearms unless we get a FFL involved. --- SAWMAN

We did incur some expenses setting up the forum, but we are fine with that, and I don't need to recover that money from forum members.

The small banners that we have placed should generate enough to cover our hosting and maybe a little extra for us to do something for our members every now and again.

Any of our raffles won't include any "forum tax" as far as I am concerned. I appreciate Mullet Hunter's suggestion there and looking out for us though. As previously stated, having this place to buy sell and trade with all of the members was our goal, not to make money.

Also, on the FFL piece, we are all in agreement there. If a gun is involved, everything will be handled to the letter of the law!

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    illintner,
    I have a paypal acct and I've bought so much 1911 stuff, dies, scopes, barrels etc.. via Ebay, that the pile would be hard to jump over. So, just leave the firearms out and you're in. I just think that paypal is the easiest way by far to send money. BTW, Good idea Mullet Hunter.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Let me say that those numbers were just a suggestion we can agree on whatever terms later. I would really like to see this thing go through. It would be a money generator that would require a treasurer, or moderator to spend the money where it needs to be spent. It could pay back the guys that started this thing, supply shirt, hats, stickers, tight tight tank tops for Jason Rickmon, ETC. I totally agree with Sawman on he not get anyone rich thing, but as this forum grows the mods need to be slightly compensated for what they do. I really have no problem paying $1-$5 maybe even $10 on special months to win a top quality firearm... Also their are several FFL's on this forum I'm sure DIxie would order the gun with forum money and hold the gun until the winner can successfully complete a 4473. Just need to nail down the money part of it and make it available to whomever participates at all times. This in itself might require a moderator which should be poorly compensated for their efforts. It will take some time and planning to do it right, and I'm willing to help however I can. I just had a dream last night and woke up with an idea that I think would help everyone.....

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool Idea.

I would bet that if some local Shops were allowed some privaleges through this forum they would be some that would be willing to pitch in with something promotional monthly or bi-monthly. I would think that the NRA could be benefitial as well.

It is amazing what can be done when people want to be a part of something and a group can be cooperative with each other. Nothing is actually free, but if companies that could get a return benefit from this forum to equal their contribution in goods or services it's Win-Win with both the forum and the contributing sponser getting equal benefit.

I would hope that the NRA would pitch in, in a big way with a number of annual memberships and of course other cool stuff.

Cool Idea MH.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sounds like fun. If you aren't giving away any firearms, or other item that paypal is against, you could still use them. Not a huge fan of those guys but something like that would be easiest.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I say we do it right and do guns.... I'm snooty and I don't buy cheap guns... I refused to give two dollars to win a mossberg the other day because I don't like cheap stuff. Lets do guns and lets make it worth somebody's time and money. Glocks, smith revolvers, nice ar parts,etc... If your gonna just raffle of gun parts I would keep my money and buy hem as I needed them. I say paypal is out. Lets do it right get sponsors and make it happen. Outcast bait and tackle I know would love the exposure, and would participate for sure...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think dealing with a smaller dealer that is more eager would be the best way to get it done, and I agree with you, lets do guns. Go big or go home! We would need pretty good involvement to be able to afford a gun though. Need a poll thread, to see how much interest we have!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I feel your pain, but PayPal will allow gun parts and accessories. They will allow everything but a working weapon and ammo. Barrels, magazines, triggers, etc is OK. Just go to eBay, they sell all the above listed, payable via Paypal.
    Just saying. :)

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Their are other options than PayPal.... We will figure out the best way and give away something better than a handguard.. You folks just say hell paypal is the easiest... NO It's not an option, because they don't allow gun purchases.....

Top Bottom