• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    8 pages of previous discussion-wow
    Father is not going to purchase, period. Good
    Son is now worried about untruthful answer on 4473.
    Son wanted ccw carry b/c he drives one of those Dodge muscle cars that are often stolen.
    The untrue answer was the mental health one.
    He WAS in a facility 3 separate times. 5 years ago in California. He guessed he was in the clear. We appreciate all the helpful comments. You guys are great.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Straight from the Form 8 he signed, right above his signature which he should have read before he signed it.

"I certify that my answers in Section B are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on ATF Form 4473. I understand that answering “yes” to question 21.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I understand that a person who answers “yes” to any of the questions 21.b. through 21.m. is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm. I understand that a person who answers “yes” to question 21.n.1. is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm, unless the person answers “yes” to question 21.n.2. and provides the documentation required in 26.d. I also understand that making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I further understand that the repetitive purchase of firearms for the purpose of resale to predominantly earn a profit without a Federal firearms license is a violation of Federal law."

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Son is now worried about untruthful answer on 4473 - He should be.
    Son wanted ccw carry b/c he drives one of those Dodge muscle cars that are often stolen - Sounds like a 'good boy' alright... Not.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At least you prevented the father from committing a felony; but if he changes his mind and buys the gun for the kid, maybe they could room together in the slammer????

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    The kid was asking the father to commit a felony. My kid would never ask me to do that. However, anyone that would is only thinking about what their wants are and not considering the outcome for the father. I wonder if the kid considered buying transportation that was not as vulnerable before asking the father to break the law on his behalf.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lying on a 4473?

LOL... not an enforcement priority. No reason to believe the numbers today are any better than they were back when this video was made.

ETA- excuses include not enough agents, not enough time, not enough money, sentences are mild, basically the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dad bought it for him. Parents will do anything for their kids……
    Well, I think we see the problem with 'lil johnny'.

Helicopter parents, giving him too much free stuff.

Parents should do anything for their children; however some of the stuff you 'do' for them is unpleasant - ie, discipline, consequences for their actions, and all that.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Dad must not have loved me. I had junky death traps that required a tetnus booster!
    Lol, one of my friends cars growing up had rust on the bottom (from the midwest, salt on the roads in the winter, all that) and a nice hole in the floor on the front passenger side seat. You could see the road go by and over time it got bigger (think ping pong sized hole, eventually a softball and larger), before we rigged up some metal patchwork over it. It the summer it was nice, more air flow through the car (A/C didn't work, so windows down all the time), winter it was the cold draft you despised

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Lol, one of my friends cars growing up had rust on the bottom (from the midwest, salt on the roads in the winter, all that) and a nice hole in the floor on the front passenger side seat. You could see the road go by and over time it got bigger (think ping pong sized hole, eventually a softball and larger), before we rigged up some metal patchwork over it. It the summer it was nice, more air flow through the car (A/C didn't work, so windows down all the time), winter it was the cold draft you despised
    Yep, done that, good place for beer cans...

Top Bottom