• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s a big nothing event. Without open carry the bill is a dog.
    Yep... as I said previously: All that's actually changing is, we used to have to pay to have our rights infringed upon, and now we'll be able to have them infringed upon free of charge : )

Reactions: B52

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep... as I said previously: All that's actually changing is, we used to have to pay to have our rights infringed upon, and now we'll be able to have them infringed upon free of charge : )
    What about waving the wait period for ccw holders? Will everyone be subject to a waiting period?

Last edited:

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Real simple.... right now, the MORE FOLKS THAT SHOW UP AND TELL LAWMAKERS WE WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO THE BILL, THE BETTER CHANCE WE'LL HAVE AT GETTING IT

IF YOU SIT ON SIDELINES AND DON'T GET INTO THE GAME, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW IF YOU WIN OR LOSE.

SO GET IN THE GAME!

I NEED YOU AT THE CAPITOL ON FEBRUARY 7 AT 2PM TO FIGHT FOR A REAL CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY BILL!

FL_HB_543_AA_jpg-2692979.JPG

Committee / Subcommittee Appearance Record - Constitutional Rights, Rule of Law & Government Operations Subcommittee

Let's Rally for REAL Constitutional Carry!

The House's Constitutional Rights, Rule of Law & Government Operations Subcommittee is scheduled to hear HB 543 on February 7, 2023 at 2PM at the State Capitol. HB 543 is the incomplete Constitutional Carry bill that was foisted upon us by RINOs. Why is HB 543 incomplete? Simple, the bill doesn't have Open Carry!

I need you to be at the Capitol and speak to the Committee and tell them that you want Open Carry as part of this bill. Register to speak by clicking HERE. It takes you straight to the House's registration page.

speaking_alert_jpg-2693598.JPG

Here is the information that will help you attend this import hearing:

Where: House's Constitutional Rights, Rule of Law & Government Operations Subcommittee
    Location: Webster Hall (Room 212 Knott Building), 400 Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
    When: Tuesday, February 07, 2023 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING BILL: HB 543 CONCEALED CARRY OF WEAPONS AND FIREARMS WITHOUT A LICENSE

For parking, go to Kleman Plaza Parking Garage (306 S Duval St, Tallahassee, FL 32301). It is next to the State Capitol Complex.

parking_jpg-2693600.JPG

Additionally, since this is a legislative meeting, per FL Statute Chapter 790, firearms cannot be carried into the committee chambers. If you wish to speak, you cannot have a firearm or weapon on your person.

I hope see you there. Remember, our national motto is "e pluribus unum," which is Latin for "out of many, one." Working together, speaking loudly with ONE voice, we can get a real Constitutional Carry bill with Open Carry as part of it passed.

Again, YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE APPEARING IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK!

In Liberty,

Luis Valdes
    Florida State Director
    Gun Owners of America

P.S. Please share this alert to every Florida Patriot that you know and donate to Gun Owners of America.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What about waving the period for ccw holders? Will everyone be subject to a waiting period?
    I read most of it last night, but didn't catch that. I'd guess since permits will still be sold (for reciprocity purposes, etc.), the exemption from waits will still be in force for permit holders.

And of course, since I let mine lapse in 2010, and just renewed last year, that's $100 down the drain if this passes... except for the possible wait-exemption : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Real simple.... right now, the MORE FOLKS THAT SHOW UP AND TELL LAWMAKERS WE WANT OPEN CARRY ADDED TO THE BILL, THE BETTER CHANCE WE'LL HAVE AT GETTING IT.
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Absent the open-carry option, the bill doesn't make any sense, and I would rather NOT see it pass, since they will hold it over our heads until we're all dead as having "given us what we wanted"!

72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I saw the GOA email and if I had time to go, I would be on the first wave of folks to stand in line. But, duty calls and I will be at work

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I saw the GOA email and if I had time to go, I would be on the first wave of folks to stand in line. But, duty calls and I will be at work
    That's exactly why we can never get the turnout the anti-whatevers get, cause we're too busy working our asses off to support them and pay our taxes. Someday things will change.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's exactly why we can never get the turnout the anti-whatevers get, cause we're too busy working our asses off to support them and pay our taxes. Someday things will change.
    "Someday things will change."

True that, and the more we get involved the better the chance that things will change for the better rather than the worse!!!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The legislature purposefully schedules things with short notice, knowing that the public cannot organize a large grassroots effort to publicly voice their wants with the bill.
    This is why, IMO, the legislature (all "elected officials" for that matter) need to be routinely voted out and replaced with new blood that has the ability/desire/intent to do what they campaigned on. My personal voting philosophy is, if you don't just impress the hell outta me during your term, 'bye. That right there is the term limits most keep whining for. Actions speak louder than words. I'm watching and filing it away. I don't forget, and don't forgive without good reason; see that part about action.

Miami_JBT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is why, IMO, the legislature (all "elected officials" for that matter) need to be routinely voted out and replaced with new blood that has the ability/desire/intent to do what they campaigned on. My personal voting philosophy is, if you don't just impress the hell outta me during your term, 'bye. That right there is the term limits most keep whining for. Actions speak louder than words. I'm watching and filing it away. I don't forget, and don't forgive without good reason; see that part about action.
    FL has Term Limits, it does nothing.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That last one is most likely the reason they haven't capitulated while other states did it years ago.

No personal attack intended, just general comments/opinions. Opinions are still OK, right? Maybe??....

Could not agree more.

Where 'We The People' once concerned ourselves primarily with food, shelter, water, and live and let live (LIBERTY!), we are now consumed by the never-ending/satisfied quest for money/anything of value that can be traded for something we perceive holds equal or greater value, or just feels good. I leave it to the individual to decide whether that comes from greed, laziness, just plain animal survival, or whatever. It's the devil, Bobby.....

While some abhor/deny the notion, my real-time experiences/observations over decades, give me sufficient reason to view humans as "humanzees." One can lie to themself all they want, but we "humans" do not overtly and consistently demonstrate the character/qualities of "elevated beings." IMO, we do not collectively demonstrate qualities any better than primates when it comes to self, band/tribe, survival, procreation, and a little casual entertainment/self-gratification/sex thrown in for pleasure at the individual level.

Again, IMO, and in sync with my life experiences, the Internet is full of vivid examples to support my line of reasoning/thinking. Yes, "everything" on the Internet is not fact/truth, but look for the commonalities. That's what law enforcement does when conducting investigations and reviewing statements. And, we all know beyond the shadow of doubt, that those untrusted to enforce the laws we demand be inflicted upon us are the epitome of unbiased, scientific, fact-finding, investigation conducted soley determined/reveal The Truth, and nothing but The Truth, so help them whatever best serves/supports their actions leading up to "sworn" testimony. But, I digress.......

The major difference between humans and "animals," as widely advertised/accepted, is that we "humans" have the ability to think, rationalize, and reason, and by the grace of whoever/whatever, will 99.9% of the time, come to the better/higher-level conclusion. Yeah, not seeing it consistently; over decades. Search the Internet for fights over Popeye's chicken sandwich. A $%^&in' sandwich, FFS!.

Prove to me, beyond reasonable doubt, backed up by testable, consitently repeatable, and verifiable FACTS, that we are "elevated beings." Not seeing it.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No personal attack intended, just general comments/opinions. Opinions are still OK, right? Maybe??....

Could not agree more.

Where 'We The People' once concerned ourselves primarily with food, shelter, water, and live and let live (LIBERTY!), we are now consumed by the never-ending/satisfied quest for money/anything of value that can be traded for something we perceive holds equal or greater value, or just feels good. I leave it to the individual to decide whether that comes from greed, laziness, just plain animal survival, or whatever. It's the devil, Bobby.....

While some abhor/deny the notion, my real-time experiences/observations over decades, give me sufficient reason to view humans as "humanzees." One can lie to themself all they want, but we "humans" do not overtly and consistently demonstrate the character/qualities of "elevated beings." IMO, we do not collectively demonstrate qualities any better than primates when it comes to self, band/tribe, survival, procreation, and a little casual entertainment/self-gratification/sex thrown in for pleasure at the individual level.

Again, IMO, and in sync with my life experiences, the Internet is full of vivid examples to support my line of reasoning/thinking. Yes, "everything" on the Internet is not fact/truth, but look for the commonalities. That's what law enforcement does when conducting investigations and reviewing statements. And, we all know beyond the shadow of doubt, that those untrusted to enforce the laws we demand be inflicted upon us are the epitome of unbiased, scientific, fact-finding, investigation conducted soley determined/reveal The Truth, and nothing but The Truth, so help them whatever best serves/supports their actions leading up to "sworn" testimony. But, I digress.......

The major difference between humans and "animals," as widely advertised/accepted, is that we "humans" have the ability to think, rationalize, and reason, and by the grace of whoever/whatever, will 99.9% of the time, come to the better/higher-level conclusion. Yeah, not seeing it consistently; over decades. Search the Internet for fights over Popeye's chicken sandwich. A $%^&in' sandwich, FFS!.

Prove to me, beyond reasonable doubt, backed up by testable, consitently repeatable, and verifiable FACTS, that we are "elevated beings." Not seeing it.
    Yep... and if anyone says that acknowledging our right to keep and bear arms (a.k.a., "Constitutional Carry")... which might lead some people in some circumstances to choose open carry... could possibly scare some Yankees and/or leftists away from going to Disney World or... even worse... moving to Florida... I say "GREAT!". Maybe we should MANDATE open carry, if that be the result! : )

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep... and if anyone says that acknowledging our right to keep and bear arms (a.k.a., "Constitutional Carry)... which might lead some people in some circumstances to choose open carry... could possibly scare some Yankees and/or leftists away from going to Disney World or... even worse... moving to Florida... I say "GREAT!". Maybe we should MANDATE open carry, if that be the result! : )
    I've often thought to myself, and opined to the like-minded, that if Florida would come out as openly anti-leftist toward tourists and those thinking of moving here, we'd probably be flooded by an equal or greater amount from the right.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom