• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fishing is something that I do every chance I can (even more than shooting and hunting) and am mostly a bass fisherman, some panfish. I have never fished, aside from charters, in salt water. I intend to spend some time in November fishing the Mobile bay, launching from the causeway somewhere. For various reasons I won't get into here, my ability to get out on the water is somewhat limited these days so I want to make the most of the time and availability I do have and learning by internet is something that can really help.

I have watched and read alot on trout and redfish to feel that from a technique standpoint, I will be fine....but there is a ton I don't know so I thought I'd start here and pose a few questions to get started...any tips, suggestions or local experiences would be greatly appreciated...
    1. Do you know of any active, up-to-date fishing forums that you know of? (a link please).
    2. How do you fish around tides...prime vs dead time... I found a web page to give me a look at what stage it is in.
    3. I have read that under the bridges are good areas, though some portion of it is very shallow...anything about the pilings, bridges, depths etc..
    4. I'll be traveling east to west on the parkway...which launches do you recommend...ease of access and proximity to good fishing areas.
    5. Lastly, any tips and hints for a complete newbie!
    5a. Something I always ask, how deep are the fish biting? and best depths to fish this time of year...looks to me most people fishing on in that area are fishing shallow; less than 4' deep and maybe under the bridges deeper?

It is hunting season for most, but my fishing season is just starting now for me....up until Memorial day usually.

Top Bottom