• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey all, hoping to get a list together of FFLs in the Pensacola/Milton area that accept transfers from non-FFL holders.

Helpful to me since I’ve bought a complete rifle on another forum but could be a good reference for others in the area.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I can't seem to locate the law, but I have been in a gun shop when a gentleman came in with a rifle to ship off. I can't imagine he can ship it from his home straight to you.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As a non-FFL you can send a firearm to an FFL holder for transfer. Generally have to go through some hoops with FedEx or UPS, but very doable and quite common.

Some FFLs will only accept from other FFLs though.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Check Carson's pawn shop. I deal with them all the time. It's 30 bucks for transfer.
    Usa performance is a other option if they will accept. Theirs is only 25 bucks and probably the closest to you.

Reactions: Ron

RumbleWepnz

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We accept transfers from individuals provided the shipper supplies a color legible copy of a state or federal ID.

Howard Mahute

Rumble Wepnz
    Milton, FL.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Florida dealers can accept transfers from individuals, we just need a copy of photo id from the sender to log it in. There are some states that prohibit their FFLs from receiving transfers from non-FFLs, but that is not an issue in florida.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a non-FFL you can send a firearm to an FFL holder for transfer. Generally have to go through some hoops with FedEx or UPS, but very doable and quite common.

Some FFLs will only accept from other FFLs though.
    I've sent firearms that way several times. There is no statutory requirement to use a FFL on the sending/shipping out side. A FFL or Mfr (with a FFL must receive it and complete further Transfer as needed. I have a copy "in hand" of all documents enclosed in the package when I go to the Shipper.
    1. A copy of my ID (both sides) and contact Phone number.
    2. A copy of the FFLs license with receiving address (matches receiving address on package). Add their phone number.
    3. A copy of Correspondence (emails) that show what (Mfr, Model and Serial #) I'm shipping, that the FFL acknowledges what is being shipped (this can be Mfrs warranty or work authorization to ship).
    4. Transfer instructions for the FFL to the final recipient with the recipients ID Type and number. This is not a Shipping requirement but instructions WITH the firearm. FFLs get busy, you don't want a mixup and FFLs don't want to get a firearm and wonder what to do with it or who it should go to! Request they 1. Confirm reciept.
    2. Confirm Transfer to final recipient.

Always review that particular Shipper/Carrier for their "current policy and requirements". Often Satellite Stores won't accept firearm shipments and they must be taken to a larger "hub or central shipping center".

Buy the insurance. Take pics of firearm and pile of documents before and after you seal the package.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    There are some states that require that their FFLs recieved only from other FFLs, regardless of the federal requirements, so if you are sending to another state, you always need to contact the reciever to see what their local requirements are. I have had someone talk to me that tried to send a gun to a dealer in New York that ran into issues. The gun had to be returned and reshipped from a FFL for them to recieve it. That had nothing to do with federal statute, but was required by state and local statute for that dealer.

Top Bottom