• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellbringer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use for the FFL paperwork in the pace/milton/pensacola area? Also what do they charge?

I did see the list of FFL dealers, but I contacted 2 and they were both out of business, so I think the list is on the older side.

Thank you

Jeff C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone have a recommendation on who to use for the FFL paperwork in the pace/milton/pensacola area? Also what do they charge?

I did see the list of FFL dealers, but I contacted 2 and they were both out of business, so I think the list is on the older side.

Thank you
    Try Gray Man Armory in Milton.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looks like there’s a couple for $20 around Pace on that list that Nate posted.
    What’s up with Specialty Pawn, $150??

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Being a federally licensed gun dealer isn't free. I can do transfers for 20 plus the background check fee of 5 dollars. However, if I were renting my building and housing several tens of thousands of dollars of inventory that I was paying debt service on then the fee would be much higher. Or, you know, If I just didn't want to process transfers.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Gray Man armory - Milton
    Gulf Coast Guns - Pace
    Armed House - South Pensacola
    Larry Blackburn at Ammunition Sales Co - Central to North Pensacola
    Mikes Outdoor Sports - North Pensacola

I have used all of them at some point - can't speak to current prices, but to my knowledge they are all still in business.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Being a federally licensed gun dealer isn't free. I can do transfers for 20 plus the background check fee of 5 dollars. However, if I were renting my building and housing several tens of thousands of dollars of inventory that I was paying debt service on then the fee would be much higher. Or, you know, If I just didn't want to process transfers.
    Nobody rents a building just to do transfers.
    It’s a quick and cheap way to pick up 20 or 30 bucks in the course of running your main business.
    The shops that want $50+ probably figure that it will deter people from ordering guns and they will buy from them.
    Just the opposite. If you charge that much I get a rip-off vibe from you and won’t be back.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have no clue what people do with their own businesses. I'm just saying that there are things that would raise the cost, or that it's a signal that they don't want to process transfers.

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Grey Man is pretty reasonable as far as gun shops go. I always thought the gun shops didn’t like doing them because they’re just a pain in the butt and that’s also where they have the most liability with ATF overlords. So the high price makes it a bit of a deterrent but also makes it worth dealing with for the store. I will pay a bit more for convenience myself.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I hear good things about Grey Man from people the come through here, no doubt. I don't get out much myself. It certainly is based on the convenience of the user, or it should be. It's weird to see people driving over an hour to get to a dealer because no one else around them is doing what they expect dealers to do.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FWIW. Grey man has been my go to since I closed up. Price isn't the cheapest but for the money it's convenient for me. They won't give you your gun the day it shows up. They want/ need 24hrs to get it checked in and on the books. They aren't open Monday. If your gun is delivered Monday.... don't expect to get it until Wednesday. They also won't call you when it shows up. I'm totally fine with all of this but from previous experience, sometimes there are expectations that the ffl is waiting on the stoop for the delivery guy and was going to be immediately available to get the customer their gun after the ffl called/texted/emailed that their item had been delivered.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    ... there are expectations that the ffl is waiting on the stoop for the delivery guy and was going to be immediately available to get the customer their gun after the ffl called/texted/emailed that their item had been delivered.
    I do try to call when things show up here, but I can't always do that if the sender doesn't include the information. You've done this as well, and you know that you can't always do that even if you wanted to.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I do try to call when things show up here, but I can't always do that if the sender doesn't include the information. You've done this as well, and you know that you can't always do that even if you wanted to.
    If was doing my job that actually paid my bills the customer usually knew about delivery before I did. Sometimes by several hours. Repeat customers knew but I got tired of explaining my situation to new guys that were expecting $150 service for $20 flat rate

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I understand, I was just saying that even If I want to reach out to each and every transferee, that's dependent on the seller including their information in the package, and that doesn't always happen.

Top Bottom