• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a heads up to anyone looking for inexpensive 9mm ammo. If you are considering using FedArm.com, DONT!

Last year when I first started shooting, I ordered some 9mm ammo from Fed Arm. They say they make ammo for military and government agencies, and they had great prices, so I figured I'd give them a shot. First day out with my new pistol, and every other round would fail to seat in the chamber. I thought it was my gun, but we tried the ammo in a couple other guns and it did the same thing. After a lot of investigating, we came to the conclusion they they didn't seat the bullets deep enough. Every reloading info I could find said to seat 115gr RN to 1.10". These were 1.13" or so. So I reseated the ammo and continued to shoot them, Only had a few issues after that. I contacted Fed Arm and they offered to send me a return label to send them back, but I didn't want the hassle, so I dealt with it.

Fast forward to last week. I was in need of some ammo fast because I didn't have time to load enough for a match, and searching AmmoSeek, Fed Arm had 1000rds of 115gr for $139 shipped. I convinced myself that the first batch was a fluke and placed the order. Got it in Thursday night. Immediately measured the OAL and was concerned that it measured an average of 1.135". But it fit OK in my case gauge, and they seemed to cycle OK racking them through my SP-01. Just for precaution, I took 100rds and reseated them to 1.10".

Went to the range Saturday to try them out. Sure enough, I had a lot of failures to chamber. Tried them in 4 different guns and all had issues. The reseated ones worked better but there were still a few problems. Contacted Fed Arm and they are sending me an RMA for returning the remaining ammo for a refund. I applaud them for honoring their 100% satisfaction guarantee but I have learned my lesson. Fed Arm is definitely forever off my ammo vendor list!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for sharing the info Joebob2

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I got an RMA to send the ammo back. They sent me a shipping label for FedEx. I boxed the ammo up and reinforced the box with fiberglass tape and made sure it was secure. MY wife took the box to the Pak n Ship and they have a big sign up that says they don't ship ammo. How am I supposed to ship this stuff back? I don't remember any special labeling on the box they sent. Unfortunately I"d already thrown it away. Had to tear it apart to get into it anyway...

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only thing they sent is a shipping label. The lady at the pak n ship didn't ask what was in the box, but my wife got so worried about it she went back up there to get it. She said we have to take it to the office in FWB. They have the proper labels.

Did a little more testing over the weekend and found that about 3 out of 10 rounds wouldn't seat fully in the case gauge. The OAL is no different that the ones that do fit, so I suspect the case wasn't sized all the way. Need to measure the base and see.

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fed arm got the ammo today and issued a refund for the full amount. Their customer service is great. Just wish their ammo was as good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom