• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://candrsenal.com/product/lighte... Project Lightening is a collaborative series with Othais and Mae of C&Rsenal in which we test all seven light machine guns and automatic rifles of World War One and put them through a series of tests and evaluations. Each week we will be posting one video on Forgotten Weapons and one on C&Rsenal. Today we have the reloading comparison, and the TOTAL DAMAGE over on C&Rsenal

I relate to the female when she doesn't have enough strength to operate the magazine lever but ..blames the gun.

:) Must be a female thing.

The Browning was the best by far.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love this "locomotive" finish the gun has - my French 1935A has this finish.
    Interesting to learn the background of the famous gun makers. Does anyone know the designer if the Colt Python?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This would be a nice shotgun to carry around the property. I like the way he just throws it on his back.
    This is my favorite grip on a shotgun.
    Wonder if that 40mm Silver Dolar flower ammo would shoot out of that...that would be the bomb!
    They recommend reduced loads of #4 buck. Those two men are very strong also and still recommend reduced loads.
    Those guns will handle any factory shell that will fit the chamber of the gun. The short barrel shotgun is a close quarters weapons. But the one below is fitted with an RMR optic and this could be useful with slugs.

Note the porting on the barrel.
    1604198033489.png

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They recommend reduced loads of #4 buck. Those two men are very strong also and still recommend reduced loads.
    Those guns will handle any factory shell that will fit the chamber of the gun. The short barrel shotgun is a close quarters weapons. But the one below is fitted with an RMR optic and this could be useful with slugs.

Note the porting on the barrel.
    View attachment 96327
    I failed to notice that!
    Very nice.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He gets so angry..LOL:
    ( lots of swearing )

Most people when they start to get close to or past 50 will start to have problems open open iron sights due to changes in eye focus.
    My mak 90 has an ulimak with a small aim point with co-witness. Just cause i am past 70 does not mean I have to give up using my rifles. I am putting small red dots on all of my rifles now. I have even gone back to running a bit and then it will be doing burpees along with the running once I get a little more wind.

A marksman can score hits with an AK up to 600 yards on man size targets. I need go see what the 9-hole people have been doing with AKs. The biggest impediment for accuracy with the AK is the combloc ammo that most use. It is quite inconsistent. Even a cheap WASR can do 3 MOA if you set it up right.
    But now days I recommend the AR for the typical american in what ever caliber you decide to chose. The AR is modular and any one with some tinkering experience after watch the many excellent video on the net can even change out barrel. An AK requires a hydraulic press set to to do that and doing the rivets right is not easy either without the right tooling.
    1604630115724.png

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most people when they start to get close to or past 50 will start to have problems open open iron sights due to changes in eye focus.
    My mak 90 has an ulimak with a small aim point with co-witness. Just cause i am past 70 does not mean I have to give up using my rifles. I am putting small red dots on all of my rifles now. I have even gone back to running a bit and then it will be doing burpees along with the running once I get a little more wind.

A marksman can score hits with an AK up to 600 yards on man size targets. I need go see what the 9-hole people have been doing with AKs. The biggest impediment for accuracy with the AK is the combloc ammo that most use. It is quite inconsistent. Even a cheap WASR can do 3 MOA if you set it up right.
    But now days I recommend the AR for the typical american in what ever caliber you decide to chose. The AR is modular and any one with some tinkering experience after watch the many excellent video on the net can even change out barrel. An AK requires a hydraulic press set to to do that and doing the rivets right is not easy either without the right tooling.
    View attachment 96809
    My husband decided on an AK-47 from Kalashnikov USA.
    That is why I post so many videos on Ad's and Kalashnikov Media.

I don't have any interest in modular rifles or tinkering with them.
    I do have an interest in a high quality ARs but will probably be an AR 762.

If Kalashnikov USA releases a 5.45x39 I would chose that over the 223.

I like 308 and I like HK quality for their AR rifles.

But that would also buy me 2 acres of land so, no. Not right now.

:)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My husband decided on an AK-47 from Kalashnikov USA.
    That is why I post so many videos on Ad's and Kalashnikov Media.

I don't have any interest in modular rifles or tinkering with them.
    I do have an interest in a high quality ARs but will probably be an AR 762.

If Kalashnikov USA releases a 5.45x39 I would chose that over the 223.

I like 308 and I like HK quality for their AR rifles.

But that would also buy me 2 acres of land so, no. Not right now.

:)
    5.45x39 is usually only available in limited number of loadings and for what I know it is made overseas. Biden may very well ban its importation that he may be able to do by executive order. Also if you want to reload and manage to find boxer primed brass, finding 5.45 diameter projectiles is not easy.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5.45x39 is usually only available in limited number of loadings and for what I know it is made overseas. Biden may very well ban its importation that he may be able to do by executive order. Also if you want to reload and manage to find boxer primed brass, finding 5.45 diameter projectiles is not easy.
    I see there is one .220 projectile for sale to reloaders.
    Hornady 5.45×39 60 Grain V-Max .2215 Diameter Bullet 100 Count Box

The Hornady 5.45×39 60 Grain V-MAX represents the pinnacle of what a specialized varmint bullet can achieve with its combination of proven materials, innovative design and streamlined profile. Offering straight-line trajectories, enhanced accuracy, dramatic expansion and explosive fragmentation at a wide range of distances and velocities.
    The industry’s leading varmint bullet with polymer tip and streamlined design results in flat trajectories. The concentricity of the match grade AMP? bullet jacket provides maximum accuracy at all ranges as well as explosive expansion, even at velocities as low as 1600 fps.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Biden is not elected.
    We are being betrayed by the MSM.
    Please do not let them infiltrate your mind.
    Satan is Legion and he has many minions to do his work.
    Protect your mind from their influence.
    Build a mental fortress and load up with the weapons of war for God.
    I will believe the lie from the enemy.
    This is a gun forum - weapons of war:
    Fight the lies with the steadfastness in the truth even if you are the only one standing in with the shield of righteousness.

There is already a 5.45x39 released by IWI.
    However I want to support the American company Kalashnikov USA.
    I understand I cannot reload for every round but making it hard to get adds a little challenge to the chase. I might also get an AR but, honestly if I get into building I might spend a lot of money just re creating a gun so I may not even start.

I will post a video of the IWI AK74 even though I am not interested in their version.

Latest posts

Top Bottom