• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Surprised others havent started this topic already.

I've been trying to pay attention today between episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doc McStuffins, and havent really heard a whole lot of it. Obama today was supposed to meet with Lynch concerning his legal rights concerning using his executive action to further gun control moves. I expect to see much tighter laws concerning expanded background checks including possible p2p transfers and more strict regulations on who can and cant buy a gun. Been hearing talk about the no-fly list. A list that no one knows how you get put on, how to identify you are on list, and who to petition to be removed from list. Sounds like an easy way to ban certain people and/or groups from making purchases with no way to remove yourself from that list. I also expect to see items similar to the 94 awb discussed. News is saying the information will be available to "the public" as soon as next week.

What say ye?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All I have heard about is expanded background checks which sounds to me like no more person to person sales without going thru an FFL.
    But, I doubt all this hoopla will be only about that. Didn't somebody post last week about an AWB which looked just like the Clinton AWB ?
    Nothing I've seen on the news said anything about an AWB but the panic has started and everybody is out of EBRs.
    So, I don't know what to believe.
    I saw a former official with the DOJ this morning on Fox and he said there's no way this is legal. Hopefully he is right.
    Isn't the annointed one supposed to go on TV sometime this week and talk about it ? For some reason I'm thinking Thursday night but I could be wrong.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Surprised others havent started this topic already.

I've been trying to pay attention today between episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doc McStuffins, and havent really heard a whole lot of it. Obama today was supposed to meet with Lynch concerning his legal rights concerning using his executive action to further gun control moves. I expect to see much tighter laws concerning expanded background checks including possible p2p transfers and more strict regulations on who can and cant buy a gun. Been hearing talk about the no-fly list. A list that no one knows how you get put on, how to identify you are on list, and who to petition to be removed from list. Sounds like an easy way to ban certain people and/or groups from making purchases with no way to remove yourself from that list. I also expect to see items similar to the 94 awb discussed. News is saying the information will be available to "the public" as soon as next week.

What say ye?

if this flys, look for the no fly list to be greatly expanded....

I say stick in their ears...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't ya'll worry about it. Remember the Repubs. They said that if we put them in power that they would take care of us. They have been .... right ??
    Allow me to list everything that they have accomplished since they have had the majority in both houses of Congress:

Well hell ...... I can't think of anything now but they will ............ they promised. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't ya'll worry about it. Remember the Repubs. They said that if we put them in power that they would take care of us. They have been .... right ??
    Allow me to list everything that they have accomplished since they have had the majority in both houses of Congress:

Well hell ...... I can't think of anything now but they will ............ they promised. --- SAWMAN

Let me help ya with that list;
    (Cough, cough) clearing throat...

6. They passed "Omnibus"

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless all firearms are REGISTERED in the US, there is no way they can enforce a requirement on P2P sales.

But then, that IS the goal, isn't it -- REGISTRATION first followed closely by CONFISCATION.

Lexington & Concord occurred when British troops were sent to disarm colonists who were protesting a 2 cent tax in tea... That ignited the Revolutionary War. With the hundreds of millions of firearms in the hands of average citizens in America - they exceed the world's largest armies... Come try to take them!

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn't the annointed one supposed to go on TV sometime this week and talk about it ? For some reason I'm thinking Thursday night but I could be wrong.
    A "Townhall" Thursday night on CNN, which will no doubt be fair, balanced and unbiased.:puke:

President Barack Obama is mounting a final-year push to make gun control part of his legacy despite Republican opposition and is expected to announce unilateral action early this week.

He will join CNN's Anderson Cooper Thursday for an exclusive one-hour live town hall on gun control at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia, in hopes of mounting a final pitch to the public.

CNN to host Obama town hall on guns in America

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No more forum or facebook sales w/o an FFL involved is the way I read all this no P2P sales without a FFL...hmmmm just how do they know is my question? That is a good reason to do all business in PM's as I have for the last year or 2...of course I have not bought or sold anything at least in a year or 2...

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No more forum or facebook sales w/o an FFL involved is the way I read all this no P2P sales without a FFL...hmmmm just how do they know is my question? That is a good reason to do all business in PM's as I have for the last year or 2...of course I have not bought or sold anything at least in a year or 2...

Just another reason to go ahead and get a concealed weapons license here in Alaska - even though one isn't needed to carry open or concealed... It makes you NICS-exempt! All "free" states could follow that example and make their licenses similarly NCIS-exempt.

Then concealed license holders could buy and sell to each other all day long without having to fill out a form 4473 or paying a dealer for the transfer!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So far he has directed his federal agencies Monday to carry out a series of steps including restricting sales by unlicensed dealers — sometimes called the gun show loophole .

Anyone engaged in the business of selling firearms must get a federal firearms dealers license and check the backgrounds of all buyers.

Federal law exempts from the license requirement anyone who sells guns only occasionally, as a hobby or to enhance a collection from. But ATF will put sellers on notice that whether they are engaged in an actual business or not depends on several factors, including how quickly they sell they guns they acquire, whether they sell guns for more than they paid for them, and how often and in what quantity they sell firearms.

“These rules will provide clear notice to those individuals who try to hide behind the hobby exception when they are selling for a profit or for a business,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.

“It doesn’t matter where you conduct your business — from a store, at gun shows or over the Internet. If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks,” said White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

ATF will also notify firearms dealers that they must file a report when guns from their inventory are lost or stolen, including those in transit. A White House statement said an average of 1,333 guns recovered from crime scenes in each of the past five years were traced back to dealers who never received them.

White House officials said the administration would seek funding from Congress to allow ATF to hire 200 new agents and investigators to enforce gun laws. It will also seek $500 million to increase access to mental health care.

More wasted tax dollars no doubt. Obama sure can spend money.

Mr. Obama will direct agencies to engage in more gun research, encourage more federal prosecution of domestic violence cases, and crack down on gun purchases by corporations and trusts.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The State of Washington has already done something like this. It was passed by the people, the people voted this in, It is called I-594. I am not surprised by anything anymore especially if it is left up to the people. Stilling waiting on the march/drive to D.C. Oh and here is a link to the No Fly list. This is the little stuff that keeps taking our freedoms away, little by little until well we end up like Australia.
    http://www.no-fly-list.com/

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_...ecks_for_Gun_Purchases,_Initiative_594_(2014)

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't buy and sell for a business - so BHO can kiss my ass. How the hell are they supposed to know if I sold it for more than I bought it for? I don't keep records.

They will surely have little nazis scouring all of the Internet forums. PMs aren't necessarily safe from prying eyes either.

Expect to see "plants" and sting operations at gun shows too. That nice old dude who frequented the Pensacola and Milton shows found out about that - under the old marching orders.

If they would make the NICS system available to anyone by phone or computer - and free of charge - I'd be happy to do a background check. However, if I'm expected to pay a dealer to do it or to pay for it and the person is known to me or family...they can kiss my ass again.

His "new rules" would not have prevented Sandy Hook - the shooter's mother bought the guns.

The "new rules" would not have prevented San Bernardino either - a private individual who passed a background check bought them and gave them to the shooter. That can still happen under the new rules.

The Virginia Tech shootings wouldn't have been stopped. The shooter passed a background check.

Aurora Colordo wouldn't have been prevented - the shooter passed a background check.

Heck, even Columbine wouldn't have been prevented - the shooters stole lawfully owned firearms from family members.

The bottom line - if a criminal or whacko wants a gun, they will obtain one. This will only make it more difficult for folks like us to buy and sell to further our hobby/collection.

Interesting that he's attacking the trust provision for NFA items. Zero such weapons have been used in a hostile shooting - zero.

I'm surprised that he didn't set his sights on the slide fire stocks and sig braces...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm trying to remember what year it was when the government came down real had on regular Joe types who had an FFL and sold out of thier house or garage, etc. They started making life real hard on non-storefront FFL types...now you sell the .22 you got fron Santa when you were a kid because you want to buy a Black Rifle...and they want you to get an FFL. So the real question is who is going to make sure all the gang bangers in Chicago buy thier guns from a FFL vs some other hood rat...?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think they started cracking down on the kitchen table FFLs after the crime bill passed in 1994.

I think it would be funny as hell if the result of King Obama's executive order could be the proliferation of home-based FFLs who increase gun sales to law abiding citizens in geometric proportions!

He has been the greatest gun salesman of the century. Heck, we might as well all get SOTs to handle the increase in non-trust NFA sales!

Mozella

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ........... snip................

“It doesn’t matter where you conduct your business — from a store, at gun shows or over the Internet. If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks,” said White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.
    ...... snip.........

Valerie Jarrett’s father, maternal grandfather and father-in-law were dedicated communists under prolonged investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, according to FBI files obtained by Judicial Watch.

Valerie Jarrett was born in Shiraz Iran.

Top Bottom