• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    So Im not one to complain but this one got to me. I got up early today for a day at the range. I went to test some reloads 357 and 223. I was the first at the range ERGC. The first range has concrete now so cool, I picked it to shoot. Had a guest from work go with me.

I had one target set at 15 yds at first to shoot copper plated bullets from a marlin 357 to see if the copper splatters. my guest had one at 100 and was going to hit steel at 130. We're ready to go hot. Then this one guy pulls up. Ok I'll be respectful and go cold so he can set up. He goes on to say "Hey you need to go to the other ranges if you're shooting pistol" I asked why? He says stuttering "Well because you might call cold alot and we have to stop so you can see your target" I said I can see it fine.

wtf?..so then 3 more of his pals come out. All 4 with 22 benchrest rifles. Cool I love 22lr. They all set up their wind flags and targets. Cool I love it Murica! They take their time and that's no problem. I get it. Then one of the other guys walks over like he owns the shit and says in a cocky attitude "What calibers are you shooting?" My coworker says 223. The little guy kinda walks off huffing and puffing. I thought it doesn't matter as long as I'm not shooting 50 cal.

They wanted the range to themselves to shoot 22lr without earpro and my BOOMs not to affect them and their 22 hairsplitting shots. It's a gun range man. BOOMs happen.

This is the second time I run into fudds at ERGC. The other time I was shooting a Henry 22wmr. Another member was shooting a Henry 22lr. He asked me what I was shooting and I said Henry 22 mag. He says "Your not allowed to shoot magnum calibers here" again wtf? lol I asked the RSO and he put the guy in check for being retarded and having insecurities in the caliber department.

This is not a dig against ERGC. Great range and cant beat the membership price, but some members think they own it and spew nonsense.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Sounds like BS to me...I'm glad the RSO took care of them. Like you said, booms happen, and ranges go hot and cold as needed. Members need to respect each other and share the range...it's all part of the experience. I've been a member there for quite a few years and have been fortunate to have encountered only a few problems.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Sounds like BS to me...I'm glad the RSO took care of them. Like you said, booms happen, and ranges go hot and cold as needed. Members need to respect each other and share the range...it's all part of the experience. I've been a member there for quite a few years and have been fortunate to have encountered only a few problems.
    Yeah thanks. I just want to shoot and would give nobody a problem unless they are unsafe.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    very few things that bother me more than the 22 bench rest bois... when i worked at element they wanted EVERYONE to bend over backwards to their every whim. 15-20 of them for 4hrs and the range made between $150-200. i don't think they're welcome out there anymore tho, but then again, neither am i!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I had a good time shooting ARA Benchrest. I was the worst shot out there, but I had a good time with them. Just a very different approach to shooting than what I normally do. :)

I hope more people get into it. It's way cheeper than getting out and shooting 6.5CM.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    We have two .22 benchrest guys over at ERGC range 4 while we’re shootin centerfire pistol and rifle.

SUPER fellas!
    My guess is they don’t care for the range 1 .22 shooters either. LOL
    Ive met many nice people out there in the 1 yr Im coming up on. I shouldn’t let a couple of them bother me lol

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    When I read the BOOMs my phone shakes and I have to hold my arms out and balance myself. Probably what they were doing when you were blasting that 223 hand cannon.
    :)
    My guest did have a 223 hand cannon but with A2 on the end lol ringing steel at 130. I was shooting this. Said on the box..warning may anger 22 benchresters and those who think scopes shouldn’t be on your gun
    View attachment 277613

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Ok I’m confused, I thought fudds were just old guys that liked blued shiny wood stocked guns. The group you’re describing sound more like retired assholes , that think they own the entire range . ;)
    I consider myself a fudd then. I have plenty of tacticools too. The difference is not worrying about what other people shoot i guess

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    very few things that bother me more than the 22 bench rest bois... when i worked at element they wanted EVERYONE to bend over backwards to their every whim. 15-20 of them for 4hrs and the range made between $150-200. i don't think they're welcome out there anymore tho, but then again, neither am i!
    Ok…give! What’s the story??

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I like the crowd my 18" barrel 870 draws at the skeet club when I dust it out for a round of skeet...I think some come off of the sporting clay curse

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve shot the 14” birdheaded 410 at the skeet range before! I recommend it! It’s hard!

Top Bottom