• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a stainless steel p220 it’s two tone with a black stainless steel slide topped with dawson sights. Very nice, built like a tank. Great flat trigger from gray guns and the short reset kit from sig. wouldnt trade it for anything. Also have .22 conversion for it from sig for cheaper practice

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    This is the pistol... he sent me a pic.

Said they switched to Sig P320's and soon are going to Glocks.... all that wasted time and money.
    That looks like a dak model which is different than the da/sa guns. Same frame, slide, and barrel but the trigger parts and operation are different if it is in fact a dak model.
    I do not know much about the model other than it was sig’s attempt at a dao model with a short reset on follow up shots. So its not a true dao system

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That looks like a dak model which is different than the da/sa guns. Same frame, slide, and barrel but the trigger parts and operation are different if it is in fact a dak model.
    I do not know much about the model other than it was sig’s attempt at a dao model with a short reset on follow up shots. So its not a true dao system

Yes... he sent me a text saying it is DAK... thanks.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have put several thousand rounds each, through these and had no problems at all.

FNX-45
    CZ97B...this would be my first choice.
    Sig P220...purchased in "04"

I would recommend any of them.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yes... he sent me a text saying it is DAK... thanks.
    Yep. Due to the different trigger system if I remember correctly short stroking the trigger and trying to find or ride the reset can be a problem.

I have never had a single hickup from my standard da/sa sigs.

Side note. If you can find one they make a single action only model of the p220. Its pretty sweet also. Has ambi thumb safety. No grip safety

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you can find and older DA/SA Sig P-220 made in West Germany w/o the rail they are a jewel to shoot! This coming from a long time 1911 guy! I am still kicking myself for passing on a well worn West German P-220 a few years ago for $450. (* I haven't shot any of the newer models with the rails made in New Hampshire.)

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Who bought the 220 from the pawnshop? I would like some feedback on how it shot?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well. there comes a time to get to the bottom line!

Is the P220 a frontline firearm?

Is it going to replace the Glock 21SF with 13 rounds on tap? NO! (and all the Glock Folks Cheer.) Is it going to be more accurate with a better trigger pull than a National Match Type 1911? NO! (and all the 1911 Folks Cheer.)

Now, could it be an upgrade over the S&W 645? Yes/No, being able to upgrade to Night Sites without drilling is a plus, being able to shoot a single round without a mag safety is also a plus, yet an alloy frame coupled with single stack capacity are serious detractors. Looks like it's time to search the rubbish bins for Others toss away side arms to equal or exceed the S&W 645. Not that the S&W 645 is a front line firearm Nowadays, but since the Frontline Tasks are already filled with more capable Side Arms, Todays P220 Factory Offerings aren't Front Line Capable. JMHO.

When was the last time you found a Frontline Firearm on the used counter?

But since this is about Pleasing that Really OLD D/A-S/A Trigger Finger, perhaps it's time to peruse the used firearms counter to find what I'm looking for?

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I like DA/SA. For serious use, I prefer HK. For 45 acp, they have HK45, HK45C, USP45, USP45C.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hummm. Once had a 220 DAO. Bought the parts to make it DA/SA. Shot a few times without problems but not enough to really say one way or the other but looked and functioned like the 226 and 229 and have only heard good things about them. They are big and very heavy but before sig joined the plastic arms race, they were known for these all steel guns!

Baldwin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think you can go wrong with a P220, but I prefer the CZ 97. I've had CZ, Sig, Glock, and 1911s in .45 but I shoot the CZ the best and it has the softest recoil of any that I've had.

guiness464

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have 2 P220-carry and full size. Excellent pistols. Very accurate. Never had a jam or FTF. Shoots both ball and personal defense ammo without any probs. Would not hesitate to buy another.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have 2 P220-carry and full size. Excellent pistols. Very accurate. Never had a jam or FTF. Shoots both ball and personal defense ammo without any probs. Would not hesitate to buy another.
    Guess it would be regulated to punching paper targets for pleasure, as others have taken it's place on the "Front Line".

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’d worry less about the alloy frame than I would parts breakage on a 2nd or 3rd gen sw.(since I broke a sear spring in a 3913 once, as fun as sourcing that part was).

pgonza

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got that itchy D/A-S/A trigger finger again.......
    Searching for inputs from .45 ACP aficionados; yet hoping not to draw the ire of S&W, 1911, or Glock fans.
    So technically I've got an S&W 1911 & Glock 21SF both in perfect working order equipped with night sights and all the other tactical needs, yet my D/A-S/A itchy trigger finger doddles upon a newer .45 ACP D/A-S/A than my Old Duty S&W 645. Seeking advice from .45 ACP Sig Folks as to which version of the P220 .45 ACP is best worth purchasing??

Can anyone help save my credit card before I end with buyers remorse?????
    Thank Y'all in advance.
    I have had a Sig P245 for about 15 years and it has been absolutely flawless. Never had any type of issue at all.

K-9

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The DAK P220 was on sale a lot in the past few years. PD turn-in were always DAK and cheap, but I don't want one. They didn't sell well until the latest run on guns. I assume that that the anecdotes from LEOs are all regarding DAK, anyway.

I have the W German and NH railed versions of the P220 and I prefer the non-railed version, but both are really nice. I wouldn't trade either of them for new Glock.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’d worry less about the alloy frame than I would parts breakage on a 2nd or 3rd gen sw.(since I broke a sear spring in a 3913 once, as fun as sourcing that part was).
    Finding a White frame for a cracked alloy 1911 in a couple of decades, no problem. Replacing a cracked alloy frame on a P220 in a couple of decades???

Top Bottom