• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd not put any stock in that...

ATF has been requiring applicants to comply with local zoning/business laws, more so in recent years... with that, people stir the pot claiming ATF is doing away with non-store front dealers, simply is not true... you just have to be in compliance with local zoning laws/rules regarding operating a business.

If you meet the qualifications and criteria, you can get a FFL to be a dealer without having an actual store.

RSR has made a business decision, I suspect which is the result of bigger stores/operations perhaps complaining about home-based FFL's (just a suspicion). There is a lot of animosity between SOME gun shops (not all) and home-based dealers as it has become hard/harder to compete with internet sales. I've been reading where some specific distributors are frowned upon because they sell to home-based FFL holders. I have a suspicion that within the gun sales industry itself, there are those plotting the demise of home-based FFL's in order to restore the days of gun shops setting the price.

Ever ask your local shop for something they don't have in stock and they say it is unavailable yet you go home and find it on GB for a reasonable price? I have!

I was called a few names by store owners when I had my FFL so I speak from personal experience, not just a passing opinion.

Gone are the days of actual gun stores cornering the gun market... gone are the days of high mark ups where the consumer has no other purchase choice... the bottom line... home-based FFL holders who charge $10-$20 for a transfer that includes NO sales tax generally facilitates a much cheaper gun purchase with a sales loss to an actual store... some stores won't do transfers and many charge as much as $75 if they do it at all.

Until I see something cited from an official source that spells out the end is near for home-based FFL's for the sole intention to eliminate them, I'm not buying it. I'm sure some will disagree...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Zoning is the whole reason I stopped my process. While my area allows home based occupational licenses, it specifically excludes business activities regulated by BATF.

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Zoning is the whole reason I stopped my process. While my area allows home based occupational licenses, it specifically excluded business regulated by BATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago... that was not a problem... today, as you found out, it can be.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The whole FFL regulation practice by the government is just another step to take guns away. If the 1968 commie gun control act was up for a vote as it is today. It would never pass. But that was the always the plan.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Any thinking person knows the only reason for government regulation is to control to extinction the object of the regulation. Yes the commie government of the USA only wants kill 2A. The FFL program is just one of their tools.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Funny that the administration talked about people selling guns need to be "legal and licensed", yet they try to strangle those with home based FFLs.

Concerning distributors, that is a business decision that are free to make, in this free country.

Top Bottom