• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last year all installation commanders were instructed to come up with a policy regarding concealed carry on the installation per the DOD.

Well im happy to annoumce that next month I will be legally carrying to work everyday!

Huge battle won after enormous hard work. The new NSA commamder stated that he didnt believe in concealed carry personally. However he wasnt going to stop anyone from carrying on the installation.

Im stoked personally!!!!

Doc

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last year all installation commanders were instructed to come up with a policy regarding concealed carry on the installation per the DOD.

Well im happy to annoumce that next month I will be legally carrying to work everyday!

Huge battle won after enormous hard work. The new NSA commamder stated that he didnt believe in concealed carry personally. However he wasnt going to stop anyone from carrying on the installation.

Im stoked personally!!!!

Doc

Nice doc, Is it Army wide? I know the Air Force can. Can you provide a link please if you have one?

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    are you Reserve/National Guard? I'll be extremely happy to leave the base I'm at...no armed guard.. just an E2 or E3 with not even a duty belt/any type of training. I'll be at FLETC so any type of carrying even if they allow it will never happen. Small win for members to actually get the go ahead for carry.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im active duty army, but stationed on a navy installation.

Brandon SPC, this was put out during our monthly townhall meeting on base. If you have a .mil email I cam send you the email.

Doc

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im active duty army, but stationed on a navy installation.

Brandon SPC, this was put out during our monthly townhall meeting on base. If you have a .mil email I cam send you the email.

Doc

I do I will PM you after work because I am hardly in that email.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what are the details? Are all service members able to carry personally owned firearms concealed on military installations now?

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So what are the details? Are all service members able to carry personally owned firearms concealed on military installations now?

Every installation commander is supposed to come up and implement a plan for his/her base. I cant speak for every base. I would ask when entering the base.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm pretty sure that policy is not USN wide as every week when I go to NAS Whitting Field I'm asked if I have any weapons or ammo in my car as I drive in...signs all over the entrance with a no guns ,no ammo etc...same for Hurlburt Field where I work that is an AFSOC secret squirl/snake eater base....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm pretty sure that policy is not USN wide as every week when I go to NAS Whitting Field I'm asked if I have any weapons or ammo in my car as I drive in...signs all over the entrance with a no guns ,no ammo etc...same for Hurlburt Field where I work that is an AFSOC secret squirl/snake eater base....

We still have our signs up also, since the policy doesnt go into effect until February. There is a process that you have to go through in order to carry on base still. I had to do a background check, even though I have a florida CC permit. I also had to sit down with the base commander and Command Master Chief and do an interview. Now I have an additional card to carry.

Also we have to have a lock box in our branch office to secure weapons while we are in the pool and such.

Doc

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I read on military.com the Air Force was going to be security-type folks only, under 3 different programs. Hopefully this isn't the case and will be available to those who qualify, whether active duty, retired or civilian. If limited to active duty only or security only, this severly limits the intent of what could be an awesome deal. Getting this started IMO is a step in the right direction though.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...authorized-conceal-carry-open-carry-base.html

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We still have our signs up also, since the policy doesnt go into effect until February. There is a process that you have to go through in order to carry on base still. I had to do a background check, even though I have a florida CC permit. I also had to sit down with the base commander and Command Master Chief and do an interview. Now I have an additional card to carry.

Also we have to have a lock box in our branch office to secure weapons while we are in the pool and such.

Doc

The base commander? Damn. If this had happened during my time in Fort Hood, I would have had to meet with a 3-star for it? Lol. That's crazy.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad NSA PC has started a CC Program. Seems to cover the active duty side. No mention of Civ employees or retiree application in post.
    Use a freezer bag Doc, keep your powder dry! Lol

daehawc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm very interested in getting more info on this. I've been following the amendment to the NDAA that directed SecDef to allow the base commanders to do such a thing but haven't seen anything actually come of it. Can you send me any details that you may have that could help my push here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The powers that be need to realize Law Enforcement personnel may have more training than your average citizen, but a citizen who makes it their business to train, study and prepare should also be considered eligible. There is no reason to believe the title of LEO or Active Military alone makes a person more suitable for a particular task.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom