• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I received this gun in trade, I have never seen one of these before . I took it to a local gun shop and also a gun smith and was told it was in excellent shape and highly collectible. I don't collect old guns! I am more of a modern Kimber kinda guy! I deal with high end watches and sometimes take things like this in trade. I did have the opportunity to shoot this gun and it shoots very well and has a smooth trigger action . It looks just like my Colt Match Cup 1911 , in fact the parts are identical and if you read the history of the gun its basically a Colt 1911 45 ACP . Gun Broker has them as low as $800 and up to $1600 . Its very clean and has matching serial numbers , I was also told this is a rare finish . The serial # is 25371 the writing on one side says DGFM-(F.M.A.P) the other side says EJERCITO ARGENTINO COLT CAL 11.25 SIST MODEL 1927 . Again I am going by what I have been told , I would welcome any input and willing to look at possibly trade. Make me an offer! I am looking for an over under shotgun or high end scope or Rolex watch. If Iam in any violation here with the way I posting this please advise so I can correct.

Attachments

• IMG_6698.JPG
      IMG_6698.JPG
      1.6 MB · Views: 152
    • IMG_6699D.JPG
      IMG_6699D.JPG
      2 MB · Views: 154
    • IMG_6700.JPG
      IMG_6700.JPG
      1.7 MB · Views: 152
    • IMG_6701.JPG
      IMG_6701.JPG
      1.5 MB · Views: 146
    • IMG_6702.JPG
      IMG_6702.JPG
      1.4 MB · Views: 134

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe you need to set a price to have you ad listed. I could be wrong. Good luck with the sale!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If they are selling for $800 on gun broker that’s where I’d list it . I don’t think it will bring half that locally , I see authentic colts selling for less than that fairly often .

Reactions: JAR

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a o/u Turkish shotgun. It’s never been used in the box. It has ejectors vs extractors

snowbound

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seventeen currently listed on GB. The only one getting attention is a penny auction now at $695 with a little over 2 days to go. A re-arsenal like yours is listed at a $1500 start and 0 bids.

JAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you think is a fair offer? Or what should I price it at here? I would like to move the gun

snowbound

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in no way an authority and would not be comfortable telling you what to ask. These pistols were declared surplus and imported to the States in the 90s. They sold for around $300. The Sistemas were made with Colt tooling. Your parkerizing looks good. Based on what you see on Gun Broker it's higher end. Let that guide your price. Good luck.

DETROIT

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there pitting on the nose of the slide?

Most of these Sistema Colts where blued. This is definitely a refinish. In original worn blued finish and average condition they sell for 400-600 (600 high end). While they are old they don’t have the value of the same aged US built colt. They do make great base guns and shooters. I’m sure in several years their value will increase but over the last 20 years the value had remained the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of these Argentine Colts and I love it. I did have to put a modern beaver tail on it because it bit the living S#*t out of me. It has the original blue finish and I’ve been told by several gunsmith that it’s worth between $600 - $800. It’s one of 4 1911s that I own but it’s my favorite shooter. Judging from your pictures $500 - $600 would be a fair price for your gun. GLWS

pistolpedro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have a few of the Argentine 1911's. I would put a value of $500-$600. First thing I noticed was the replaced barrel. That hurts any collectible value. The barrel should be stamped on top of the hood with the same serial # as the slide and frame. Actually the mag should also have the serial # on the floor plate.

JAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there pitting on the nose of the slide?

Most of these Sistema Colts where blued. This is definitely a refinish. In original worn blued finish and average condition they sell for 400-600 (600 high end). While they are old they don’t have the value of the same aged US built colt. They do make great base guns and shooters. I’m sure in several years their value will increase but over the last 20 years the value had remained the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    According to the gun smith , this is an expensive and rare finish limited which he says was a factory deal according to the serial number. At this point to me its a trade I don't need

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So after getting all this input from all these members, how much are you asking for it?

JAR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to the gun smith , this is an expensive and rare finish limited which he says was a factory deal according to the serial number. At this point to me its a trade I don't need
    No pitting . really nice condition for the age

Top Bottom