• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    When I read "Taurus".......it's probably not the guns fault, but still, it makes me wonder. I just can't seem to warm up to Taurus.
    I've had good luck with em. Ill let you try one of my PT809's sometime. BTW if your toting a DB AR15 or 10 you've got a Taurus....

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    When I read Taurus, I gather it most certainly IS the gun’s fault.
    Either mechanical malfunction or by statistically increasing the owner’s chances of being rather misinformed on proper weapon quality and operation. This has been scientifically proven.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I read Taurus, I gather it most certainly IS the gun’s fault.
    Either mechanical malfunction or by statistically increasing the owner’s chances of being rather misinformed on proper weapon quality and operation. This has been scientifically proven.
    Wow, I didn't realize that purchasing a Taurus made you different than say purchasing a Beretta? Except that PT Series of Taurus has a better (lower number of catastrophic) track recorded than Beretta. I'll even consider that if I had a Fail to fire upon hammer strike or Hang-fire and erroneously placed my hand in front of the barrel/exit it wouldn't matter what firearm I had purchased.

Usually folks with 1911's that perforate themselves do so in the Buttocks during a quick draw. JMHO.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apparently one of my co workers was shooting his .45 acp pistol yesterday. He was clearing a round that didnt go off. When he touched the slide, the round went off. Im still waiting to hear what kind of pistol. Hes a big guy, and his hand got too close to the wrong end

Your co-worker had a Negligent discharge; not an "accidental" one.

Ammo doesn't always fire immediately. There are procedures to follow. He failed to do so. The gun didn't "accidentally" go off. The ammo didn't "accidentally" ignite itself. It was a malfunction common enough to have a name and set of expected actions from the shooter.

Nothing personal about him or his character. He simply failed to react to it properly.

Fortunately he will survive with hopefully no permanent loss of function.

EDIT to Add: thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, and thank him for allowing the graphic but truthful facts and photos to be shared. It allowed for some lessons to be reiterated and probably will help remind folks to be patient, when tactically able, if a round doesn't act as expected.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A
    Your co-worker had a Negligent discharge; not an "accidental" one.

Ammo doesn't always fire immediately. There are procedures to follow. He failed to do so. The gun didn't "accidentally" go off. The ammo didn't "accidentally" ignite itself. It was a malfunction common enough to have a name and set of expected actions from the shooter.

Nothing personal about him or his character. He simply failed to react to it properly.

Fortunately he will survive with hopefully no permanent loss of function.

EDIT to Add: thanks for sharing it with the rest of us, and thank him for allowing the graphic but truthful facts and photos to be shared. It allowed for some lessons to be reiterated and probably will help remind folks to be patient, when tactically able, if a round doesn't act as expected.
    As an RSO I have to absolutely "ditto" what @Snake-Eyes has said above... "Negligent" NOT "accidental" discharge. Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) this lesson was learned the hard way!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Wow, I didn't realize that purchasing a Taurus made you different than say purchasing a Beretta? Except that PT Series of Taurus has a better (lower number of catastrophic) track recorded than Beretta. I'll even consider that if I had a Fail to fire upon hammer strike or Hang-fire and erroneously placed my hand in front of the barrel/exit it wouldn't matter what firearm I had purchased.

Usually folks with 1911's that perforate themselves do so in the Buttocks during a quick draw. JMHO.

It does. Let’s admit it, Taurus owners are a slightly different breed. But I’m just poking fun, didn’t mean to offend. Have a great day.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It does. Let’s admit it, Taurus owners are a slightly different breed. But I’m just poking fun, didn’t mean to offend. Have a great day.

Not sure what your implying? But when I shot out my 9mm Kimber 1911 in competition, I purchased a 1911 Taurus 9mm and R&Red a few parts while achieving the same or better scores. It might have even been more cost effective to use one of the Made In PI 1911's, but I'll never know since the Pistols Have Grown Old and can no longer compete. LOL.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

That is fairly common across a few of their gun line as well as them going off when the slide is put into battery or doubling.
    There is a reason they aren’t mass issued to agencies with liability issues or even on most police department’s authorized list of duty guns. That said I do own a 905 revolver I used to use in classes so I didn’t need to bring 38 ammo and it’s been fine, but a lot of smiths won’t work on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    He must of grabbed the front of the slide to cycle it. In my mind that never seems like a good idea....

Imagining my camera hand is holding the pistol, that seems like how it happened. A bit too much palm in front of the muzzle.

Attachments

• 1614112136213151290158115962664.jpg
      1614112136213151290158115962664.jpg
      1,020 KB · Views: 88
    Top Bottom