• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SecretSquirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys and gals,
    I have a CMMG LPK and a PSA LPK. I'm trying to decide which one to build into my lower. I was wondering if anyone had experience with both CMMG and PSA LPKs, and could lend some insight into which one they feel is of superior quality? I'm particularly interested in the fire control group and which has the better trigger pull.
    Thanks everyone,
    -Squirrel

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys and gals,
    I have a CMMG LPK and a PSA LPK. I'm trying to decide which one to build into my lower. I was wondering if anyone had experience with both CMMG and PSA LPKs, and could lend some insight into which one they feel is of superior quality? I'm particularly interested in the fire control group and which has the better trigger pull.
    Thanks everyone,
    -Squirrel

For my money, I'll take the CMMG. The PSA kit appears to have an MIM bolt catch... which might work just fine, but that caught my eye right off the bat.

I am fairly certain that they piece them together with low price in mind, not quality. I might not know what I am talking about here, but that is my impression... In terms of trigger pull, I can't say that I have noticed a difference.

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i've used both and really haven't noticed a difference. (maybe i was still too fresh to builds to notcie then) i typically use cmmg though. one thing to check on the psa trigger is if just the top of the trigger contact point is polished or if the end of it is as well. i know it is on the cmmg, don't remember on the psa. funny thing though..i just put a cmmg kit in my latest psa lower! LOL

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My initial response to this question is that I don't see a lot of difference in any companys "standard" LPKs,

With that said. There's a CMMG lower I have that's waiting on a transfer. I'm not 100% sure if the trigger is stock or not, but if it is, it's one of the best standard triggers I've tried. Have no idea if that's the exception or the rule with CMMG though.

Have put together several lowers with the PSAs and have not heard any complaints.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Of the two I've only used PSA's LPK. The only thing I don't like about them is that the bolt catch on mine must be out of spec, because my Magpul BAD fits real loose on it.

The trigger is nothing out of the ordinary and feels like any other USGI trigger. I've put 900 rounds through this trigger and have no problems.

Top Bottom